Goodbye Jesus

Holy Spirit Unison

themonkeyman

Hey folks I was taught that the holy spirit led us to the light. So why then does it continually give a non consistent answer. What I mean is if someone says the bible means something there will always be others who disagree. How do they reconcile that

• Like 1

The answer is obvious. I know because I have a true communion with the holy spirit. If the holy spirit is guiding you to something I agree with, then you are really receiving messages from the holy spirit. If it's causing you to do something I disagree with, then it's either your own will or some demonic force that's guiding you. Be careful! The "fake" holy spirits can guide you to do stupid things like misunderstand your bible and believe in false doctrines. You won't be able to tell the fake holy spirit from the real holy spirit because they feel about the same.

----

Edit: For anyone that can't tell, I'm joking... But I do think that's an accurate answer from a Christian's perspective.

• Like 2

I saw on a T.V. programme yesterday someone saying that the Holy Spirit has difficulty communicating with minds that are clogged up with sugar and caffeine.  So, perhaps if we all ate the same we'd all understand the same...???

• Like 1

Hey folks I was taught that the holy spirit led us to the light. So why then does it continually give a non consistent answer. What I mean is if someone says the bible means something there will always be others who disagree. How do they reconcile that

That's easy. "I'm right, and the others are wrong. The Holy Spirit told me so."

The answer is obvious. I know because I have a true communion with the holy spirit. If the holy spirit is guiding you to something I agree with, then you are really receiving messages from the holy spirit. If it's causing you to do something I disagree with, then it's either your own will or some demonic force that's guiding you. Be careful! The "fake" holy spirits can guide you to do stupid things like misunderstand your bible and believe in false doctrines. You won't be able to tell the fake holy spirit from the real holy spirit because they feel about the same.

Yeah, what she said.

I saw on a T.V. programme yesterday someone saying that the Holy Spirit has difficulty communicating with minds that are clogged up with sugar and caffeine.

A Christian program suggesting that the Holy Spirit is not omnipotent? Hmmm....

I saw on a T.V. programme yesterday someone saying that the Holy Spirit has difficulty communicating with minds that are clogged up with sugar and caffeine.  So, perhaps if we all ate the same we'd all understand the same...???

lmao_99.gif ^ hilarious!!

The holy spirit lead me to Ex-c but that was because I smoked cigarettes. Whoops, wrong holy spirit again!! And now, I'm working very hard on becoming a non-smoker!! 58.gif

And my new church is Ex-c!! clap.gif

Thats what I mean when I was a Christian I read my bible one way and for some reason I was always at odds with people.  I would have said something like why did Peter start to drown when he walked on water.

People would say that its his lack of faith but my question to that is - If you walked on water would you loose faith or gain it?  It makes no sense,  Peter had faith to trust Jesus that he would not drown and he was able to walk on the water so how did his faith deminish when there was clear proof of the faith that he lost lol.

But Christians never gave an answer I wanted thats what lead me to wonder how can you tell the God damn difference,  We are told that Satan and Demons manifest themselves in so many forms so how can one tell if one has the Holy Sprit or of one has a Demon.  People say 'You will just know'  But even Jesus left it open that we could believe its God but it really is not so there is no real way.

But surely if the Holy Spirit existed there would be far less divisions in the Church e.g. As Jesus said A house divied by itself cannot stand - IF we take that literally One version of Chrisitianity vs Another is not really Christianity anymore as the 'Original' Christianity does no longer exist.

Its like me buying a Detached House and splitting it down the middle into two seperate homes but still calling it a Detached House on a Technicallity.

People would say that its his lack of faith but my question to that is - If you walked on water would you loose faith or gain it?  It makes no sense,  Peter had faith to trust Jesus that he would not drown and he was able to walk on the water so how did his faith deminish when there was clear proof of the faith that he lost lol.

Very true. Once he had walked on the water, his faith would have increased, not decreased. The story reeks of implausibility. It's clearly not a true event that actually happened, but merely a story intended to prop up faith as a necessity.

Guest Furball

----

Edit: For anyone that can't tell, I'm joking... But I do think that's an accurate answer from a Christian's perspective.

Paul did say that people can receive a different jesus then the one he was preaching. -It's a greek to me. 

Guest Furball

Lol, that gave me a laugh, thanks Ellinas

Guest Furball

Themonkeyman-You cannot tell the difference. Thats why so many denominations exist. A major problem with christianity is the he said/she said argument. I agree though, i always wondered why everyone was coming to different conclusions. Didn't jesus tell his hearers that he was speaking the plain truth to them, and if so, why couldn't they understand his speech? People do what the bible forbids them to do, and that is, use private interpretation. It's a good question, that unfortunately, we don't have an answer to. -peace

I think its more than that,  Because we could come to the Conclusion that Christianity does not technically exist.

Jesus said that those who were wise would not be-able to understand the Gospel so what does that say for those people such as Lee Strobel or even Ministers of the Gospel.  Surely for a minister to preach it they would need to become well versed meaning they themselves would be blinded by it - Teaching ignorance to their Congregation.

Thats one thing I never understood - Jesus said that everything he speaks was plain and simple but he used Riddles that even today we are having problems working out what the fuck they mean.  I am almost certain that his followers took what he said with a pinch of salt.  That is - They probably like most congregations today Just listened blindly but not absorbing anything and bouncing the bits they did not get.

But back to my original point - If the Holy Spirit guides us then why is there such division,  It makes a very poor case to trust in the concept that It can lead my life if it Cannot lead a group of Christians to the singular conclusion.

It goes even further to say that each religious division means that all are satantic except the original source as the rest obviously counter the Original.

Guest Furball

It's fiction anyways so....You make great points, but like i said, the only answer i can come up with is the usual....it's all make believe, that's why no one can figure it out. The new testament is a puzzle that can't be solved, a riddle that cannot be answered. -me

But back to my original point - If the Holy Spirit guides us then why is there such division,  It makes a very poor case to trust in the concept that It can lead my life if it Cannot lead a group of Christians to the singular conclusion.

It goes even further to say that each religious division means that all are satantic except the original source as the rest obviously counter the Original.

if holly spirit and jesus' pray for the unity of his followers does not work, I wonder what would?

instead of those silly christian bumper stickers

christian should just put "fragile" as their bumber sticker

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
christian should just put "fragile" as their bumber sticker

LOLlmao_99.gif

Isn't that the truth! Bunch of whiners they are!

So he's not all powerful then . Got it.

----

Funny that Jesus can't permanently protect someone from Satan's lies. Jesus is pretty useless.