The Circle Of Religion

thunderbolt

I find it extremely amusing that every new Christian terrorist (fundy) that storm in here, pistols blazing, armed and ready with their pet verses, think they are somehow a little more anointed than the previous terrorist. If only we can hear them out, then maybe we can buy their Gospel of intolerance and hate love. Yeah sure, bring it on!

Like every other terrorist before them, they believe that they DO have all the right answers to convince us about the validity of their holy and infallible god. They present us with a challenge (so they think), and assure us that they can harmonize ANY contradiction that might exist in our rebellious minds. And like all Pharisee's, they believe that they alone are “enlightened” and right, and that we are too stupid to discredit their claims. We of course play along – it’s fun(DY).

Now they either make some absurd statement right off the bat, or because they insist, we challenge them to “harmonize” one of the hundreds of inconsistencies recorded in their unholy book. Within five responses their nonsense is exposed for what it is: empty hollow unmerited bullshit. Everyone can clearly see it for what it is (except the terrorist of course.)

But by now he has a vested interest to save face, and so he attempts to rescue himself from the ditch that he dug himself into. So he starts making up stuff, not keeping track of all his lies and misinformation. We call him on that too, and naturally we conclude this terrorist just as idiotic as every other terrorist who attempted to play this game with us. Without apology, we tell him as much, and something predictable happens right around now:

A ) The terrorist stresses that he is right, and it's obvious in his mind because of the “persecution” he receives from us (our questions), or

B ) The terrorist argues that we have failed to meet his challenge, but that this site is really NOT for him. It takes too much time to respond to our challenges, and after all, he is most likely married with children that need attention, or he is in school. Life happens you know (No shit!)

With a big huff and a puff he storms out of here, suicide bomb (bible) still strapped to his chest. His bomb was a dud, and the only thing that exploded was the gray matter between his ears. He is no freedom fighter after all, but only the same as every other bigoted delusional terrorist before him that thinks a god who condones gang rape is something special to be worshiped.

It’s the circle of religion that repeats itself. There is truly nothing new under the fundy sun.

It's really no different when you come down to it. Mental terrorism as compared to physical terrorism, is just as bad. Because mental terrorism actually allows more people to believe the same tripe, ruining countless other lives. Whereas physical terrorism simply removes people from this world & just begets more violence.

F O A D

Pushing the "Big Red Fickle Button Of daFatman Don't Care A Shit" is fun!

Thing is folks, as described these ass-sorted folken drive by, drop off their pamphlets and tracts and try to out argue on the basis of 'the babble says so!".

Most of we have gotten well past the need to believe the Tales of the Sand Diety and His Plan for Extinction And Mayhem...

Thing is I'll remind most of the seagulls, "Ex-Christian dot net is the place on the 'net where the assortment of unbelievers can meet and mingle without the fear of firebreathing anusoidials breathing down our necks."

Boss has given me a lotta lattitude towards those inclined to turn ExC in to a debate every thread, argument at every turn sorts.

'Tis daFatman's preference that we have a clean house where we can catch a break from the over abundance of sectarian bullshit on the *outside*.

kL

It wouldn't be so bad, except these guys have never heard of a search feature. Or hell, how to read, even. They just seem to keep wanting to harp on the same points that they just learned in church last Sunday (and apparently were also sleeping at the same time.)

First sign of trouble and then the ad hominems start flying. I have to agree with a previous proposal and start off our reponses to the fundie fucktards with: "We have already won this argument. You have lost." We can even say that our book says so, and it also says that it is right so everything in that book must be right.

Then again, I don't want to become a fundie pervert (of an ex-C) myself. I like using my brain too much.

If nothing else, shit-and-run fundies do provide a chance to practice arguing. Sure, we've already won the argument, but y'know - use it or lose it.

Arguing at the drive-bys always helps me remember a little bit better each time what the various arguments against Xianity are, so that I can have a better handle on them if ever I'm actually faced in RL with a fundie-mentalist.

Practice makes perfect...