Goodbye Jesus

Exchristian Meetup Groups

Overcame Faith

Very often members express a desire to meet fellow exchristians face-to-face. I was doing a Google search for "exchristian" just out of curiosity to see what would turn up. One thing that turned up was the below linked site:

http://exchristian.meetup.com

It lists 12 meetup groups in 12 different cities in three countries. There are 626 members. These groups appear to arrange periodic meetings.

Perhaps there is a meetup group listed that is near enough to you so, if you are interested, you could join one of the groups. If there are no groups near you, there is a feature which helps you start up your own group which will be listed on that site.

This has been a public service announcement. :)

Goodbye Jesus

I see Recovering from Religion in Columbus, OH made the list. :) I've been to several of their meetings and thoroughly enjoy seeing other Ex-C's in real life.

Hi OF. I too have been looking for ex-Christian meetup groups. I live in a pretty large metropolitan area, but the problem I encounter is that every ex-Christian meetup I find is more of an atheist meetup or a general ex-religions meetup. I'm fine with atheists, but I don't wish to identiffy with this sort of group or bash religions besides Christianity. I am, on the other hand, very interested in bashing Christianity, and in meeting people who share my gross antipathy towards Jesus.

Perhaps I'm being too selective in my requirements here. Anyway, thanks for the link!

It's not on there but a few months ago I found a meetup group that meets once a month right down the street from me. I've yet to make an appearance but I'm kind of intrigued.

Thanks for sharing. It's great to know about these sorts of groups. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is still two hours away. However, I have other local freethinker/atheist meetups that I attend where there are other ex-christians.

I like the idea of a group specifically for ex-fundamentalists. I think we have some pretty unique problems in life created by being raised in these types of churches.

Unfortunately there is only one group like that listed and it is in Minnesota.