Goodbye Jesus

My Former Pastor

themonkeyman

Hey so I left my car into the garage and who should I see getting served at the counter next to me but my former pastor.

He never even said a word not even a look my way. It's kind of awkward as during my crisis of faith he turned his back on me.

Christians never practice what they preach . week there is always a few genuine Christians I know a few but most are assholes.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry he blew you off like that. He meant a lot to you while you were still around, and it's so upsetting to see people you thought were on your side while you were in church totally ignore you after you leave. Remember that this isn't a reflection on you at all. It's on them. You're a reminder of his fears, and if you could lose your faith, then what does that say for the rest of them? 

It's still no excuse for behaving like that. I saw someone from the last church I visited at the store a while back, and she wouldn't even look my direction. She acted like I wasn't even there, like I was so far beneath her that I wasn't worth breathing the same AIR as her! This was someone who called me their friend like the second time we got to talking after church, and someone who went to the buybull study I had the chance to sit in on! It tore me up inside, because I thought there was at least an acquaintanceship, but I guess there wasn't. 

Apparently this kind of behavior seems to be common. You're no longer part of the herd mentality, and as far as they're concerned, you're either with us or against us. It's classic cult behavior. 

• Like 2

The worst part about this is that His Daughter and Son in law live right next door to me and he has never passed a glance at me.  I even each year send both his son in law and daughter a christmas card and a gift for there little kid and I have never recieved anything back.

Most people on this site I would say were better Christians than those ass holes in churches.

• Like 5

I would say we were more xtian than the assholes at our old churches too! It's like WE were the ones teaching THEM how to be good people when this stuff should have been super old news to them. Then again, that's all the proof we need that xtianity is a failure and a sham. 

If they're that indifferent to the kindness you've shown them, then maybe it's time to start giving your gifts and your time to someone who actually wants it. It doesn't sound like these people care, and you know what? That's their loss. They screwed themselves out of one loyal and kindhearted neighbor/friend, and that's on them. 

• Like 2

Compassion is always always the first thing they drop perhaps coz it's the easiest route for them.So much for crucifying the flesh.

• Like 1

Reckon I'd be glad not to have to talk to him...

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Damn.  That's rude even by Ulster standards.

• Like 1

I have met very few Xtians who seem to understand what I believe were the most important things Jesus said. For example about compassion, forgiveness, the golden rule, withholding judgment of others, humility. Instead; they get their kicks from hating non-Xtians, ignoring the poor, making as much money as they can and (recently) trying to get the votes to control government. But the worst thing they do is being a pain in the ass trying to get nonbelievers to believe the same way that they do. They don't give a damn about people outside of their cult. So their attempts to convert are not genuine, out of love or compassion, but are about succeeding in what they believe is their Xtian duty.Like selling a product,   After all, god will reward them in heaven for every convert they win. If the object of their attention does not convert, so be it. . Xtians will pay little or no attention to him or her thereafter because god said not to bind yourself with unbelievers.

The bottom line is that true believing Xtian have no real friendships or relationships with nonbelievers, except as new prospects who will be dropped if they don't change their beliefs to conform to what the Xtians believe. This leaves no room for love, compassion, camaraderie or caring for anyone  who doesn't think the same way they do. If this were to succeed, we would have a divided world, at best.This all is a result of a faulty doctrine which claims Xtians are the only people chosen by god. Everyone else is the enemy. Isn't that ridiculous? As well as self defeating.  Rip

• Like 3

Hey so I left my car into the garage and who should I see getting served at the counter next to me but my former pastor.

He never even said a word not even a look my way. It's kind of awkward as during my crisis of faith he turned his back on me.

Christians never practice what they preach . week there is always a few genuine Christians I know a few but most are assholes.

That makes it easier to put that person behind you.  Assholes will be assholes, regardless of their professed religion.

When I went to church pretty much the only time people ever looked at or talked to me was a tap on the shoulder and an "excuse me" as they tried to get me out of the way because I was not important enough, not pretty enough, not godly enough, not rich or influential.  I had a painful realization one day when even the pastor cringed to touch me.  I went to shake his hand and it was like his whole body tensed up. 

The lesbians in town have not been afraid to touch me or offer a smile. 

Don't waste your energy and emotions on somebody who won't even look at you. 

• Like 2

When I went to church pretty much the only time people ever looked at or talked to me was a tap on the shoulder and an "excuse me" as they tried to get me out of the way because I was not important enough, not pretty enough, not godly enough, not rich or influential. 

This is christianity in a nutshell. If you aren't part of the in crowd, then why be a Christian? That's essentially what it boils down to. As has been pointed out before, Jesus went against the grain and associated with the outcast, the unwanted and the hurting. You wont find Jesus at church. They're too busy in bible studies and raising their hands in worship to pay attention to the less fortunate or downtrodden. So very sad.

God, Rach, that's horrible. I'm truly sorry you experienced that,. the hypocritical bastards. Rip

christinsanity extended biblical verse

love thy neighbours, except:

If he/she a single parent 
If he/she don’t believe the earth was created in six days and 6000 years old?
If he/she divorced or remarried 
If he/she didn’t go to church
If he/she believe in science
If he/she foreigner/other race
If he/she gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
If he/she in recovery from addiction / use drugs
If he/she to read book/watch movie with magic element in it
If he/she have partner of a different faith
If he/she have different faith/ atheist
If he/she never been baptized / baptized the "wrong" way / baptized by other church
If he/she wearing inviting clothes
If he/she does take the Bible seriously
If he/she is a person with a disability
If he/she drink alcohol
If he/she prefer worldy music to Christian music
If he/she vote for the other political party
If he/she made some big mistakes in his/her life
If he/she is poor
If he/she have serious ilness like HIV/AIDS
If he/she is stripper/prostitute
If If he/she have doubt about christianity
If he/she is an ex-convict

you may continue
  • Like 1

The worst part about this is that His Daughter and Son in law live right next door to me and he has never passed a glance at me.  I even each year send both his son in law and daughter a christmas card and a gift for there little kid and I have never recieved anything back.

Most people on this site I would say were better Christians than those ass holes in churches.

No most of us are just better people that care more about those around us enough not to act like schmucks.

You don't need this man in your life period so screw him ignoring you. I say you ignore him first :)

Wow.  Just wow.  To not even say hello is ridiculously childish.

Guest Furball

christinsanity extended biblical verse

love thy neighbours, except:

If he/she a single parent 
If he/she don’t believe the earth was created in six days and 6000 years old?
If he/she divorced or remarried 
If he/she didn’t go to church
If he/she believe in science
If he/she foreigner/other race
If he/she gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
If he/she in recovery from addiction / use drugs
If he/she to read book/watch movie with magic element in it
If he/she have partner of a different faith
If he/she have different faith/ atheist
If he/she never been baptized / baptized the "wrong" way / baptized by other church
If he/she wearing inviting clothes
If he/she does take the Bible seriously
If he/she is a person with a disability
If he/she drink alcohol
If he/she prefer worldy music to Christian music
If he/she vote for the other political party
If he/she made some big mistakes in his/her life
If he/she is poor
If he/she have serious ilness like HIV/AIDS
If he/she is stripper/prostitute
If If he/she have doubt about christianity
If he/she is an ex-convict