Goodbye Jesus

Wow That Felt Good

aynalhub

Well,

I've been messing around on this forum for a website with all this really bogus linguistic crap supporting the xian view of history and the bible without any good knowledge of linguistics or archaeology, and i found some shocking justification of violence in one of the threads (on which i've been relatively low-key until now). So I left this message. Check it out if you want.

My user name is Upwithsemphil.

http://ancient-hebrew.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1906#1906

GOOD JOB! I wonder if they will reply to your message??

Yikes, what a pathetic first response.

:Doh:

Meaning, I liked what you wrote aynalhub. I think you are heading for a showdown, and knowing BibleGod - blood WILL BE involved ...

GOOD JOB! I wonder if they will reply to your message??

I'm sure they will... and they will try & justify their stupidity in the process.

Sad sad sad. I can only hope they take the better road (which their religion doesn't allow for under their current beliefs).

Some really warm and loving responses you've gotten.

I REALLY think you should start taking screenshots and saving them in your paints shop or somewhere.

It's only a matter of time before someone with 1/4 a brain sees fit to make your post, and everything pertaining to it "disappear" like it had never been there.

And you will either be suspended or banned outright.

You did an outstanding Job, to bad it was a harsh pill for the site admin to swallow and you had to be reprimanded for using the word 'you'.!!! I guess they can claim to be all high and mighty until you point it out directly.

Anyways, A few years ago when I was attending Jewish classes I learned that trying to convert a Jew to Christianity was the same equivalence as raping their soul by tricking them into false worship. Jews for Jesus and other xtian sects are actually run by Fundy Xtians. This is one of those twisted kinda trickeries and there is Zero evidence to support this statement on their site.

The New Testament, or B'riyt HaHhadashah in Hebrew, was written by Hebrews, for Hebrews, in an Hebraic Culture. In order to truely understand the New Testament it must be understood through its original Hebraic context. While the only manuscripts known to exist are in Greek (with the possible exception of the book of Matthew) the evidence suggests that much of it was originally written in Hebrew and afterwards translated into Greek.

I have to LOL as All stories told in the NT are clearly the same recycled stories from Greek and Roman Religions, they have ZERO to do with Judaism and Zero to do with Hebrews.

Well, they gave me some really crappy responses. They don't even come close to even wanting to think about anything at all!!

So I left 'em with one more. Go back and refresh it if necessary.

I'm never going back there, as my blood pressure has always been healthy and I like it that way.

While the only manuscripts known to exist are in Greek (with the possible exception of the book of Matthew) the evidence suggests that much of it was originally written in Hebrew and afterwards translated into Greek.

This is no less proposterous than saying that evidence indicates Shakespeare was originally written in French. Especially with the correspondences of Q, etc. Good God y'all!?

One more thing, just for fun. The New Testament cannot have been written in a language other than Greek because it contains word play! Try translating a pun sometime and see how fun that is.

e.g., when Jesus tells Nicodemus "you have to be born again" the word for "again" is "anothen", literally "from above" which is crucial to the hidden meaning that Nicodemus slowly understands. This is, of course, NOT the case in Aramaic!!!

Well that was enjoyable, especially this one:

Yes, na'ar mean's anything from baby boy to youth to young man, I am a semitic philologist, you don't have to tell me. But that hardly removes the cruelty of the murder, and that's only one of four, which are only four of hundreds. If that God was my neighbor, I'd be scared at night, I'd move away. I certainly wouldn't worship him as a role model. Why couldn't he just vaporize them or suck 'em into a hole like Qorah and the gang..?

:lmao:

One more thing, just for fun. The New Testament cannot have been written in a language other than Greek because it contains word play! Try translating a pun sometime and see how fun that is.

e.g., when Jesus tells Nicodemus "you have to be born again" the word for "again" is "anothen", literally "from above" which is crucial to the hidden meaning that Nicodemus slowly understands. This is, of course, NOT the case in Aramaic!!!

I remember this one from Robert Price. It's adds to my doubt that the conversation ever took place. I just can't imagine two Jewish holy men discussing a deep spiritual truth in Greek rather than Aramaic or Hebrew. No pun... no lesson.

It reminds me of a lost pun in Genesis concerning the rib:

Here, again, we find a remarkable parallel with the Sumerian paradise myth, this time, the extra-biblical text provides a fascinating explanation for the strange biblical motif of "Woman being crafted from the rib of Man."

In the Sumerian version we find that Enki (who we now identify with Yahweh) is cursed by the great mother-goddess, Nisnhursag, because he has eaten forbidden plants growing in paradise. Kramer, the translator of the text, notes yet another parallel with the biblical paradise myth.

"Enki's eating of the eight plants and the curse uttered

against him for his misdeed recall the eating of the fruit

of the tree of knowledge by Adam and Eve and the

curses pronounced against each of them for this sinful action."

Enki's health begins to fail and the other gods realize that he is dying. They persuade Ninhursag to relent and she sets about the task of curing Enki's sickness, creating a goddess called Ninti to cure his failing bones.

"My brother (Enki), what hurts you?

My rib hurts me.

To the goddess Nin-ti (`Lady of the Rib')

I (Ninhursag) have given birth for you."

Now the word for "rib" in Sumerian is "ti" which happens also to be the Sumerian verb "to make live." So the Mesopotamian author of the myth is employing a pun to equate the "Lady [/i]" (Ninti) with the "Lady Who Makes Live" (Ninti) - that is the goddess who brings Enki back to life from his near-death condition.

When Kramer first translated the ancient text of the Sumerian paradise myth, he immediately saw in this passage an explanation for the biblical story of Adam's rib. The author (or perhaps the later redactor) of Genesis when he adapted this myth in order to incorporate elements of it into the biblical narrative, was clearly unaware of the fact that the Sumerian tale involved a play on words and so simply translated ti as "rib." Thus "Eve" is created from a rib and, because there is no similarity between the Hebrew word for "rib" (tsalah) and "to make live" (hayah) the pun is lost.

http://www.biblicalheritage.org/Bible%20Studies/hawwah.htm

cheers,

cho

Well,

I've been messing around on this forum for a website with all this really bogus linguistic crap supporting the xian view of history and the bible without any good knowledge of linguistics or archaeology, and i found some shocking justification of violence in one of the threads (on which i've been relatively low-key until now). So I left this message. Check it out if you want.

My user name is Upwithsemphil.

http://ancient-hebrew.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1906#1906

This DarkSaberGuy replied to your point about the Bear attacking children. Perhaps you should respond to him

Here is a ready made answer

http://www.geocities.com/b_r_a_d_99/debates5.htm

The Christian tries to change the children into adults to make the story less revolting and then attempts to justify the whole affair as morally proper.

This particular Christian simply told skeptics of a forum to read an article on a Christian web site which specializes in explaining away Bible problems

Enjoy

Hn. I love how the only one they even tried to refute was the children getting eaten by bears. Wouldn't poke the others with a ten foot pole.

:HaHa:

aynalhub, I read through that thread yesterday, and I think your responses are amazing. You both hit the Semitic philology angle and also put your experience out there. I love the way you say you would not want God as a neighbor. Will they ban you, you think? It was a big laugh that the moderator accused you of "violence," I think it was. I think she projects her own attitudes that find reinforcement in her own religion.

Cho,

Thanks for the "rib" article. I had forgotten about that. I hope I get a chance to learn Sumerian at some point. As for now, I have to content myself with what I'm learning of it through Akkadian (Akkadian used Sumerian words in exactly the same manner as Japanese uses Chinese characters).

Pritishd,

Yes, I saw the response. I don't know what more to say to such density! I just don't have the heart to agitate all those egos, or my own, anymore.

As an aside, the lady who called me "violent" meant it in that overarching eastern sense of "attempting to destroy or change", which is certainly what I was doing. In fact, she is neither Christian or Jew, believes only in the books of Moses, and that they are a non-literal legal-code/pattern for behavior. We are in the process of exchanging some interesting emails and I've actually grown quite fond of her and her attitude.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted! Thanks for the support, you have no idea how therapeutic it is for me (my family is Assemblies of God to this day and the arguments and pressure never cease).