Goodbye Jesus

What's Your Opinion On Feminism?

NoOne

That's one of the "funny" things about what these women think is feminism.

I've heard those gals say many times that we reasonable respectful men must keep the assholes in our ranks in check. Mmmmkay I can dig that.

But at the same time, often the same gals then say that they are not responsible for the assholes in their group.

To those women who think that way... would you please choose one or the other? You don't want to be bigots do you? ;)

As for those rape statistics you linked to... "interesting" (pardon the word). I wouldn't be surprised indeed to learn that the rape quota in India is nothing ast high as the liars' guilds are telling us lately... whether it's really 5 times lower than here, dunno. I can't imagine that, but then, gut feelings are not exactly the best way to judge the real world. :shrug:

• Like 1

Is this non-representative of feminism?  If you are a feminist who has posted in this thread and believe that this is not a genuine representation of feminism, then I encourage you to make a post on this thread and say so.  Because I've read a lot of news about cases like this.  I've seen almost no female feminists fighting to protect men from discrimination at the hands of misandrists who wield power.

So sorry to hear that an Indian student was discriminated against.  It really shouldn't matter what the rates were in either country.  People should be treated based on their own behavior rather than a group.

I think there is a new trend emerging.  Watch people like Emma Watson.  Ask what would Emma Watson do?  I think the trend is towards logic, inclusiveness and real equality.

• Like 1

Thank you Thurisaz and Mymistake for your comments.

Thurisaz: regarding the rape statistics, I have no reason to believe they are incorrect.  The reason your gut tells you they can't be true is because popular media such as the BBC cover Indian rape accounts as if they typified life in India.  My experience from walking the streets of Chennai is that while I may be in greater danger from pickpockets, violence isn't something I really have to worry about.  Alas, I digress from the point I wish to make here.

It's been several days since I posted my request for feminists who have written on this thread to condemn the hiring decision made by the German professor, and not one woman feminist could be bothered to spend a minute writing a reply.  This is why I will always oppose feminism with my vote and with my wallet, and why I am wary about women who have any hint of a feminist posture from attaining any kind of power.  Just as feminists cry of rape culture, I charge feminism with fostering a mob culture in which it is not considered unthinkable to falsely accuse men of rape.  Feminism fosters gender division and purports the absurd notion that common gender is a greater force for unification than, say, culture, family, national identity, or religion.

Fortunately for me, Professor Beck-Sickinger is appointed at a far away institution with whom I have no collaboration.  I shudder to think of how I would have been treated, based solely on my gender and race, if she were my dissertation advisor.  But women like her exist in many countries in the Western world, and in many facets of life besides academia.  If I were to appear before a judge who shared her social philosophies, can anyone here say with honesty that I would be treated fairly?  If I were falsely accused of rape, would I have even the most remote chance of an acquittal with a woman like this in the jury?  I think not.

In my mind, the issue of gender equality is going to have to be tabled, because we face the far more pressing issue of false rape accusations.  Mob culture infects feminism to the point that I feel the entire movement ought to be discarded as worthless, un-American, and ultimately detrimental to the survival of a free society.

• Like 3

In my mind, the issue of gender equality is going to have to be tabled, because we face the far more pressing issue of false rape accusations.  Mob culture infects feminism to the point that I feel the entire movement ought to be discarded as worthless, un-American, and ultimately detrimental to the survival of a free society.

I don't know if they would really go all the way to make a false rape accusation, but it was very disheartening how some of our very own members went strait to making false accusation.  It is as if false accusations are a strategy, a tool for silencing the critics of feminism.  And keep in mind were are not talking about criticism as in push gender equality right back to the way things were in the Dark Ages.  The critics here are pro gender equality.  We are talking about the mildest forms of criticism such as "Humanism is good for gender equality".   As in: How dare anybody think some other social movement is going to help gender equality?!?1!

Keep your eyes open for forth wave feminism.  I think the newest generation of people will get things back on track.

Thurisaz: regarding the rape statistics, I have no reason to believe they are incorrect.  The reason your gut tells you they can't be true is because popular media such as the BBC cover Indian rape accounts as if they typified life in India.  

Fortunately for me, Professor Beck-Sickinger is appointed at a far away institution with whom I have no collaboration.  I shudder to think of how I would have been treated, based solely on my gender and race, if she were my dissertation advisor.

Yup I'm sure the liars' guilds are doing their thing about it. To report (?) about the Indian rape epidemic it suffices to know that... it brings them money. Whether it is true is totally unimportant. Even if it was true... they'd spread exactly this type of story without the slightest hesitation.

The problem of our age. You can't fucking know anymore what's going on, unless you verify it all with your very own personal experience.

As for how... these self-proclaimed "feminists"... will and already do treat men, well we've had it all here already. Of course one can now point out that my source for that is those accursed media again, but at least it came from non-mainstream sources that can be trusted most of the time (I've watched them closely for years and for pretty much all controversial topics they do a good job; when they are actually wrong they do take care to correct themselves).

Enter the Arnold case, which I've referred to in other threads already.

A teacher accuses one of her male colleagues of having raped her, several times. During the trial it turns out that:

1. the woman in question routinely tells all sorts of fairy tales to be and stay the center of attention, and has been well known for that character trait for quite some time already

2. while a medical exam a week after the first incident has supposedly found evidence that could point to a rape indeed, another exam just two days after the supposed rape, by a different doctor, showed no such traces whatsoever. That second doc wasn't even admitted to court, let alone that anyone listened to her testimony.

3. The "best" of all: In at least one of the cases the crime suppoedly happened on the schoolyard, in broad daylight, when the yard was far from empty... funnily no one can remember anything like that having happened, and on top of that she claimed a date for that rape when the "rapist" actually was in jail already awaiting trial.

None of this automatically means that he's innocent of course, but none of these strange things led even to the slightest hesitation on the judge's side. He promptly got sentenced to years behind bars (can't remember the exact time he got). And he pleaded in vain for even the slightest amount of kindness by the system, as if he'd set fire to a kindergarten or such, because this asshole (as they depicted him) wasn't willing to confess the crime he never committed.

After finally the system couldn't ignore the fact any longer that this man must clearly have been innocent, it took them two more years to finally release him. I repeat: He spent two more years in jail after the authorities knew that he was innocent.

He didn't survive that trauma for long. Soon after being freed he was keeled by a heart attack, but had already been a broken man from the shit they put him through. Because of one woman's fairy tale, which literally no one in the entire "justice" system questioned. Because Everyone Knows(™) that women's claims of rape are always true.

I'm not claiming that this is how it's always done over here these days. It probably isn't. But the fact alone that no one in mainstream society cared about it at all is sickening enough. Doncha think any of the huge "shock and awe" media that normally report everything that might possibly get people in a hissy fit, not even the most sensationalist and abominable German "media" wrote a single line about it.

But yeah, of course any and all criticism of anything that calls itself feminism is automatically unjustified and a sign of undiluted misogyny... riiiiiiight. :vent: