Goodbye Jesus

The Omnipresence Of An Omniscient Entity

LukeExChristian

One that is commanding, degrading, humiliating, judgmental... and worst... nonexistent, is psychologically unhealthy to grow up with the of in your head. You are unable to see the tyranny for what is because it knows your thoughts and will shame you for thinking of or thinking about anything that it does not like. 

Its captives are tricked into falling under it's iron fist. Tricked into it by promises of love, well-being, and a pleasurable afterlife by a somewhat admittedly congenial community. But none of these people realize the psychological torture they are under. They are unable to understand the torture because they are too afraid to try. They are unable to understand that it IS torture, because they are physiologically bounded by a warped sense of purpose and community. The entity the community worships is perfect and never at fault, only the captives are. The community ensures that it's slaves know in their heads that they are the lucky ones for being a slaves to the entity because if it weren't for being enslaved, they would have no purpose for existing and also be punished for eternity.

Society is nonexistent to these slaves. Since you 1) have been forced to abide by all of the entity's wishes, which includes everything about everything about being alive, and 2) it frowns upon not being happy about being a slave, and 3) knows everything you will do. "Society" is no more than the sum of people who should be following the rules. They have no sense of culture or tradition... or love and friendship. The only thing that needs to be happening always is sucking the entity's dick.

I am 21. I am still trying to unravel the bulls__t from my head after more than a year of renouncing religion. I have grown up with the habit of being judgmental of MY OWN THOUGHTS, it will give you a headache. One thing that has helped is to just remind myself and repeat to myself in my head...

"I am safe in my own mind."

P.S. yes line that was inspired by the spongebob quote.

• Like 1

Seemed relevant.
  • Like 1

I agree with Hitchens. The absolute horror of the Christian religion is that in hell you can't die. And without hell, their doctrine has no power.

Guest Furball

I have noticed a lot of things since being deconverted, and one of them is i realised that christinsanity and all other religions are played out in the mind. christinsanity is a psychological religion. Like a bully, christinsanity shackles the thought life and physical life of it's followers, threatening damnation if you try to leave it. People think if they leave god, they will pay the ultimate price, the fear of hell is the bully that keeps the fearful locked into that death religion. -me

• Like 1

Although I find the idea of eternal blackness and eternal punishment both frightening, I would choose eternal blackness that is far much better, and why doesn't the Christian God just destroy souls?

Eternal damnation is too much.

Although I find the idea of eternal blackness and eternal punishment both frightening, I would choose eternal blackness that is far much better, and why doesn't the Christian God just destroy souls?

I don't find the idea of eternal nothingness troubling at all. I see it as a return to the state I was in before I was born. That wasn't so bad...

Literally the only thing that bothers me about this is that if there is nothing after death, which I strongly suspect, then I will never actually know that there is nothing. But that's life (or death, as it were).

My guess is the reason for hell with eternal torture is control. If people think they just cease to exist when they die, the church loses its control over people who tend to wander or sin. But the threat of hell is powerful enough to keep many people in the fold for whom the promise of heaven is not strong enough.