Goodbye Jesus

Ancient Christian Magical Spell Reveals Egyptian Influence

hereticzero

Understand?

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know how you view God but to me

God is way too complex and immense in power and intelligence for

me to think I can "explain" the hows and whys of this eternal being.

Understand?

Plus, He can't even find a good way to explain this to you, Ironhorse. 

Understand?

Ah, the "god works in mysterious ways, his ways are higher than our ways" dodge/copout.

We're not asking you to explain the hows and whys of your god, we are asking you to define what he is (to you). Eg one god or three?  It's not that difficult a question.

Understand?

That is called "nonsense".  It's nonsense for you to believe that you can't explain God but God is going to torture anybody who doesn't believe in God.

What is God to me FreeThinkerNZ?

Love

Love

Baby drowning love. Puppies and kittens drowning love, too, in the great flood.  "I repent that I made man", but God can't change his mind. He never changes.

• Like 2

Love

A God who is love would never create Hell.

Once again your religious beliefs lead to a contradiction.

Love

No, we were talking about the trinity.  I was asking you whether you worship one god or three gods, and how god can be three gods at the same time.

If god is love, why did he do all that hateful stuff in the bible?

Why did he create humans and then let them suffer terribly?

Why do little children get cancer and die?

Why does my friend who is the sweetest, most wonderful person, have cancer, while the ISIS killers are healthy and can do whatever they want?

Ironhorse,

Today you can start on a journey which will help deliver you from your state of ignorance.

You often say that God is beyond human understanding and that you can't explain this or that passage from the Bible.

Well, today you can begin to learn things that are within human understanding and that can be explained.

The choice is yours.

I'll have to assume that Ironhorse has three gods then, since he maintains that the creator god was never alone. So he isn't a monotheist after all.

Either way, I don't have any problem with customs/aspects of other cultures being incorporated

into the Christian faith as practiced by different people.

According to scripture, one is not to add to nor take away from the word of God. Adding a spell would be adding to the word. Adding other influences to the religion would add to god's word making him a liar because he never claimed such things. Disaster follows they who violate god's copyright without god's consent.

-God is a Trinity: Father, Son, Spirit.  "Let Us..."  create man in our image." God has never been alone. 

Uh, no. The trinity theology was plagiarized from the pagan philosopher Heraclitus who lived 500 years BCE. It is also the same plagiarized version that is an intro to the Book of John, calling Jesus 'the Word.' Totally stolen from Greek mythology and respun for Jesus.

Understand?

Oh dude! That was soooo totally deep! 

From what I understand the "let us..." bit is probably leftover from earlier Canaanite mythology that did involve a pantheon, with god-families and whatnot. So he's not wrong, god wasn't alone, and it's not the god he thinks either. I can't figure out where Yahweh even comes from though, besides possibly a composite of the earlier pantheon rolled into one character.

But I'm just a layman with a passing curiosity, for what it's worth.

One good illustration is how the Irish took the Gospel and went off on their own with it instead of looking to the Pope on how to best practice their faith.

I didn't realize you were catholic, not christian. Yes i know, some seem to think they are the same thing. I was wondering, where in the bible does it say to put your faith in the pope instead of jesus?

Just a side note.  Catholics are one of the three major branches of Christianity.  The other two being Orthodox and Protestant.

"It's the main message that is important. Not a trinket or a dance." ironhorse

You are right ironhorse. And the main message about Xtianity is that it is a myth. Rip

• 2 weeks later...

Understand?

If your god is far too complex and immense in power and intelligence for you to be able to understand it, then how can you possibly claim to know anything about it at all? The claims made about him in your religious texts are nothing but assertions that cannot be backed up with evidence and rely on self-deception and wishful thinking to even believe them.

To me, any creator that we might consider "God" would surely be beyond our ability to comprehend or understand, but that is why nothing could ever possibly be known or understood about it. We could believe things about this "God", sure, but to claim one's personal beliefs about it as knowledge and truth would be arrogant and foolish.

• Like 1

Borrowed???

Please inform me of another story of a God who came to earth as a human and lived among us.

Tell me how this god taught us simple truths about how to live and relate to others.

Who did not burden us with a long list of rituals and rules.

Please continue the story how a god died and took upon himself every suffering and evil that

has ever been committed.

Tell me the other story how this god came back from the dead.  

A story of god coming to live among us? Sure. Krishna (Hinduism).

Dying and being resurrected? Sure. Osiris (Egypt)

Borrowed???

Please inform me of another story of a God who came to earth as a human and lived among us.

Tell me how this god taught us simple truths about how to live and relate to others.

Who did not burden us with a long list of rituals and rules.

Please continue the story how a god died and took upon himself every suffering and evil that

has ever been committed.

Tell me the other story how this god came back from the dead.  

A story of god coming to live among us? Sure. Krishna (Hinduism).

Dying and being resurrected? Sure. Osiris (Egypt)

Let us watch as IH ignores this post and then acts as if it never existed later on and repeats his request for information, only to ignore it again and do the same. It should be interesting to see this.

• Like 1