Goodbye Jesus

First Post

Guest Resident Cynic

Guest Resident Cynic

Hey

Not sure where I fit into the spectrum, I have a belief in God, but dont hold to the bible as being divine, I look at the hyocrital bullshit that is modern christianity, and to be blunt, it makes me want to vomit.

So my my best friend will go to hell for all eternity, just because shes gay? I came to christianity out of an occult background, and was swamped in the myriad of false, and fictional stories there were floating around about the occult. what was more disturbing was that those with the mis information reallyhad no interest in having it corrected, they prefered the fiction

Right now, I'm not sure which way to go, or whether I'll just spin in circles for some time. Havent told anyone in church about this, because then it would be the hell and brimstone lecture

The old ways are looking mightily attractive

Hi Cynic

Welcome to the forums, and just so you know, I have a little bucket next to my desk – I vomit regularly.

:-)

Hey, hang around for a while, and maybe you get some of the answers that you are after. And kudos’s to you for using your brain to question what you believe. Any God who would hold you responsible for using your reason is not worthy of worship.

<_<

Guest Resident Cynic

Hi Cynic

Welcome to the forums, and just so you know, I have a little bucket next to my desk – I vomit regularly.

:-)

Hey, hang around for a while, and maybe you get some of the answers that you are after. And kudos’s to you for using your brain to question what you believe. Any God who would hold you responsible for using your reason is not worthy of worship.

<_<

Cheers for the offer :HaHa:

Thats what bugged me about penticostalism, its so flipping anti intellectual, we just accept what we are told, not matter how far out there it is...

Welcome to the forums. Lots of things to read and research. Have fun.

Welcome Cynic..

I'm resident knothead.. Gave up "Puking for jebuz" a frackin; long assed time ago.

Now, if the Goddess and I commune and knock heads, it is usually due to excessive levels of ETOH onboard slightly before said communion...

ExC is a good place to kick back, and in turn figure some direction, starting from *here* on what will end up being the rest of *yer life*, not the one the black suited and robed whores who preside over the pews prefer you to follow.

Kinda obtuse and sometimes scarey to consider that you'll be cutting loose and heading out to places on waters uncharted, however you aren't alone, and even though we meet here in the e.world, ExC offers a harbor from the daily bullshit.

Welcome aboard..

kevinL

Hey

Not sure where I fit into the spectrum, I have a belief in God, but dont hold to the bible as being divine, I look at the hyocrital bullshit that is modern christianity, and to be blunt, it makes me want to vomit.

So my my best friend will go to hell for all eternity, just because shes gay? I came to christianity out of an occult background, and was swamped in the myriad of false, and fictional stories there were floating around about the occult. what was more disturbing was that those with the mis information reallyhad no interest in having it corrected, they prefered the fiction

Right now, I'm not sure which way to go, or whether I'll just spin in circles for some time. Havent told anyone in church about this, because then it would be the hell and brimstone lecture

HI, Welcome to Ex-C,

Your post isn't very clear about where you stand and what issues you're having? By your post I take it you have a gay friend and fear she may go to hell because of who she is?

You seem to be a bit overwhelmed and come across as rambling? What Occult background do you have? What are your old ways?

Welcome to the board, RC! You're using your head and seeing that Xian spiel just doesn't cut it. It's cruel, illogical, and just plain stupid. Listen to the voice of your reason - it won't steer you wrong. And there are plenty of wise folks here to lend much advice.

Glorah!

Guest Resident Cynic

Hey

HI, Welcome to Ex-C,

Your post isn't very clear about where you stand and what issues you're having? By your post I take it you have a gay friend and fear she may go to hell because of who she is?

You seem to be a bit overwhelmed and come across as rambling? What Occult background do you have? What are your old ways?

I tend to babble at the best of times :Doh: ......... Theres a whole bunch of issues, the minor one is my gay friend who according to my church will burn in hell for ever. I refuse to believe that a loving God could send someone to hell coz of the way they were born

I came to christianity from a background in wicca, I was exploring and learning on my own for about 18 months two years. Before that I didnt give a rip about a higher power.... There is alot of misinformation in christian circles about wicca, and occult stuff in general, and many of the christaikns I met really dont care that their information is wrong. It bugs me

Well, Answer yourself this. If god is greater then you, how is it you have more compassion for your friend then one who is claimed to be all compassion? There is either a miscommunication about God, or God made you better then he?

Hell was adopted by the Xtians for one purpose. To control the masses thru fear. Hell has been a concept in many pagan religions and in fact it was huge in the Greek and roman pagan beliefs (Hades, Underworld ect. ) of which Christianity was created.

Wicca is more about connecting with others, earth, self and what not, and harming no one I believe? It's not a blood cult which is more then I can say for the other cult who has emotions hostage at the time being.

We are able to reason, anything telling you that reason and explanations are evil or wrong wish to control your mind thru fear. Questions are the key, Sure we might not find all the answers, but those that claim they have all the answers are NO Longer looking for any, they are stuck in their belief and to lazy to prove them true or false.

I wish you much peace Cynic and again welcome to Ex-C.

Hell was adopted by the Xtians for one purpose. To control the masses thru fear. Hell has been a concept in many pagan religions and in fact it was huge in the Greek and roman pagan beliefs (Hades, Underworld ect. ) of which Christianity was created.

Very true - bear that in mind, RC. The concept of an eternal underworld where the "bad people" go is common in a handful of pagan religions, and isn't unique to Xianity by any means. Xianity just turned it from a mere place where the bad folks go into a place of eternal and extreme suffering - but therein lays the rub. Without Hell, there is no need for Jesus. Without the need for Jesus, no one will buy into Xianity. Without Xianity, how would certain religious fanatics hold any power or dominion over anyone?

Hell is one of the biggest sticks used to beat folks into Xianity. Without it, what's the point of Xianity at all? Check out this link for an interesting and revealing study about the true nature of the devil and Hell and how Xian myth regarding them is, well, just a myth:

http://www.e-commercesolutions.net/members...SatanStudy.html

There is no hell for your gay friend to burn in any more than there is one for my divorced father or anyone else.

Hi Cynic,

Welcome!

Miscommunication about the occult and Wicca is an understatement. I'm so sorry you converted from Wicca to Christianity. I think Wicca is a better religion. I would rather hang out with a bunch of pagan ocultists than born again Christians any day.

If you stick around, you are going to find out about all the other things Christians lie about. Christianity's history contains genocide, ethnic cleansing, murder, rape, torture, and they say Wicca and the occult are evil.

Here's an example: The Druids were the educated scientists of their time. They were healers and sages. When Christainity came to the English Isles, they exterminated them. According to modern Christians, the mass murder of an entire people was their own fault and they deserved it.

Taph

Welcome, RC. "God hates fags" was one of the principles that made me wake up and see this religion for the cruel bullshit it contains. You are right to reject doctrines that consign your friend to hell.

Then I realized all the contradictions and absurdities and saw that the whole thing fell apart. It was great to say "yes" to life. I hope you keep coming back here and share your perspectives.

Welcome Resident Cynic

Just because you still have belief in a supernatural deity it doesn't mean that any religion or faith have it all right. You have better chances of finding your faith by not following everyone else, be it Christianity, Wicca, Paganism or Occultism. If there is a God of some sorts, most likely your experience of "him" is unique and personal, and can't be replicated in some organized cult or through a book. What I'm saying is: follow your own mind.

Hi Cynic!

I'm an ex-Pentecostal, too. One of my first problems was the way god supposedly felt about homosexuals.

After a time, I just couldn't believe that it was a sin to be gay.

Good luck with your search. :)

Welcome Resident Cynic!

Don't have much of a background in Pentacostalism, I'll leave that for others. As for the misinformation about occult matters, etc within most churches, yeah, obnoxious, isn't it? I guess the desire to beleive the lies is that it is just plain easier, partly due to a us-them dichotomy, and partly because it validates their belief through a characture of their supposed enemy.

You'll find a rather interesting set of views here. Stay a while and have some cookies.