Goodbye Jesus

Things Atheists Post On Facebook

Castiel233

This one here is wonderful in so many ways. Haha!:lmao:

make sure your sound is on so you can hear how much of an asshole this guy is.

That's one of the most disturbing things I've seen in my life. His belief in Christ will get him killed someday if he carries on like that. 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Stargazer95 said:

That's one of the most disturbing things I've seen in my life. His belief in Christ will get him killed someday if he carries on like that. 

I agree.  In fact, as I watched the clip, I kept wondering if we were going to see him die.    <shudders>     I asked Google God about the incident and found that dumfuk "is now re-evaluating his life."  LOL      In addition, his father, also a preacher, died from being bitten by a rattlesnake while snake-handling during a church service in 2014.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6070685/Snake-preacher-gets-bitten-four-years-father-killed-rattlesnake.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-handling-pentecostal-pastor-dies-snake-bite/story?id=22551754

Image result for snake handling meme

Snake might be harmless?

Get him to wave about a king cobra, Taipan or black mamba and I'll be impressed.

But also - what about the poor snake being thrown about? That's animal cruelty at the least. Let's thrown him into a group of gorillas and let them thrown him about.

Bastard fucking religious nut.

Edit - ok snake not harmless - it got a bite in. Guy ends up in hospital. +1 for the snake, 0 for the Christian nut.

Um I thought the bible says they shall pick up snakes and NOT be harmed? :D 

9 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Um I thought the bible says they shall pick up snakes and NOT be harmed? :D 

It does. But what these nutters don't know is that that particular passage in Mark is not considered authentic by many biblical scholars. It was added later. So they're basically risking (and losing, in some cases) their lives for nothing! Stupid bastards. 

15 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

This one here is wonderful in so many ways. Haha!:lmao:

make sure your sound is on so you can hear how much of an asshole this guy is.

Idiot.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, Stargazer95 said:

It does. But what these nutters don't know is that that particular passage in Mark is not considered authentic by many biblical scholars. It was added later. So they're basically risking (and losing, in some cases) their lives for nothing! Stupid bastards. 

You mean the bible, the Holy King James Bible, is not the inspired infallible word of God?

9 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You mean the bible, the Holy King James Bible, is not the inspired infallible word of God?

Indeed. Oh the horror :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 9:30 AM, Tsathoggua9 said:

Idiot.

All those fucking warbly voices in “travail”. 

Even back then it got on my nerves sometimes. 

You can see the fear on their faces when they are forced to face it, that deep inside they know they just lost. 

On 3/9/2015 at 11:15 AM, Guest Furball said:

0b4708033dd41e7b3c31ce301b6d4fd4.jpg

So true. I think about this a lot. So happy to be an atheist and grow my appreciation of life than worship the imaginary and afterlife to come. I just find more and more that life is able to ring true though I don’t have all the answers, I hated comforting people with religious lies and parables, and I am loving letting an acceptance of life on its terms be all the comfort that I need. 

Its just all the lies and false bullshit expectations and past experiences of religious indoctrination that have to be scrubbed away, so a genuine appreciation of things can come.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 4:20 AM, Samuel said:

Its just all the lies and false bullshit expectations and past experiences of religious indoctrination that have to be scrubbed away, so a genuine appreciation of things can come.

Yes.  Hence the difficulty and problem.  It is all of those lies.  Lie, after lie, after lie, after lie.  I am 8 years into deconversion.  Every day continues to be so much better and wonderful than those under indoctrination.  I have successfully rerouted and rewired my mind.  But, there is that archive of lies that is triggered at some level with every encounter with religious folks, their leaders, symbols, and buildings.  

In order to really scrub it clean would mean a very public repudiation of it all.   But, we all know what the social cost of that would be.  Yet, I am getting darn close to pulling that lever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ConsiderTheSource said:

Yet, I am getting darn close to pulling that lever.

Me too. I've been holding off for the sake of being an influence on some younger fundy family members. But I so rarely see them that they will be adults and married before long. The rest of my family knows already, and these ones might suspect, but I always hoped to have some effect for reality. But I'm fairly tired of playing along. I've been out for 10 years next month.

• Like 1

44316715_2068017459951769_60656706902357

• Haha 1

Bollocks.jpg

• Like 1

A religious man is on the roof of his house during a huge flood. The water levels are rising, and he is fervently praying to God that someone might rescue him. A boat goes by in the distance, but the people on board can't hear his cries for help over the rushing wind and rain.

The man continues praying, and he begins to recite Psalm 23. Suddenly, one of his house's load bearing walls crumbles and is swept away by the torrent. The roof begins to tilt and collapse, sending the man tumbling down into the water.

He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith. He says to St. Peter, "I thought God would grant me a miracle, and I have been let down. I have lived a good life. I went to church every Sunday, I paid my tithe, and I even donated extra money to charity. Why did God not hear my cries for help?”

St. Peter responds “Because fuck you.”

• 1 month later...

tc07Tg9.png

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What happens when an atheist prays?

The same thing that happens when a Christian does. 😆

• Like 2

i agree..... i once did a mathematical calculation on the freebasic forum in an algorithm in about 5 minutes to calculate frame rate per second and waited for someone to diss me.... comes psychologically speaking from the id of their mind to insult people publicly so they look greater than them funny how super slumber sleeping bags is playing at the same time i am typing while i smoked two bowls of weed legal to smoke weed in canada man now i suggest all you fallen angels of father God abandoning you do the unforgivable sin (unbelief) that exists about you while it doesn't at the same time i am truly at that level so are the rest of you. to be indebted in any form or way was always my problem in a psychosis from police harm i call karma debt people are in where it bothers themself what they are doing wrong plus they attract negative energy to themself because they are at fault literally speaking. negative energy attracts and builds negative energy while positive energy atracts and builds positive energy, so always have a positive respond to someone else's genius.

did i do that? well being starts with yourself obeying the laws believe christ once was full of love compared to today's special of ears to hear with in the religious area but remember when you peed in the vent when your 7? don't do that ever again :)

This is from a comic series called the Sandman. On this page,  Lucifer talks to the Sandman about humans.

w9adxctdfw621.jpg

• Like 1