Goodbye Jesus

Things Atheists Post On Facebook

Castiel233

13220935_578400262329638_428315860819949

I laughed out loud at this one. :D 

This in my feed today:

"Praise God my 81 year old mother just came through her 3rd hip surgery since April 5th.

Things went better than expected and we are just continuing to trust our amazing LORD to take care of the rest.

Thank you Jesus for wonderful doctors faithful friends and family to pray and love us.

And most of all the amazing sacrifice Jesus made on the cross so that no matter what happens if we believe in Him we will live forever.

Amen"

This particular person I have known for about 40 years. They weren't always like this. Quite the opposite actually. Now I can hardly stand to be

around them because Jebus is injected in the conversation about every 15 seconds. I often wonder if it's not to cover self-inflicted shame of a

"adventurous" youth.

So yes, now let's all pray for the Dr.'s who have extended this woman's misery and wretched quality of life for oh what, a few more months

but even if her body dies she will live forever! Halle-fuckin-luja!

• Super Moderator

"Praise God my 81 year old mother just came through her 3rd hip surgery since April 5th."

I guess it took god three whacks at it to get it right?  WendyDoh.gif 

Must be something in the air

This on a friends FB page who spent 29 years in the Navy:

"I am so glad that God has heard your prayers and kept your son safe all those 29 years!"

I also retired from the Navy and find this kind of thing particularly myopic.

So your god said "fuck you " to our friends that didn't make it.

"Praise God my 81 year old mother just came through her 3rd hip surgery since April 5th."

I guess it took god three whacks at it to get it right?  WendyDoh.gif 

yeah I read this study recently and saw a 60 Minutes segment how marginally beneficial procedures to prolong life in the face of certain death for a few more days/weeks and sometimes months of no quality of life is one of the biggest expendatures in the healthcare industry.

Let's butcher 'em up and sedate them to a near comatose state so we can spend a few more days with gramps but get that euthanasia business outta here!! If you let 'em die on purpose they might not get to see Jebus!!

Guest Furball

I find it strange that christians who believe that eternal bliss awaits them after this life are so afraid of death.

• Like 1