Goodbye Jesus

Things Atheists Post On Facebook

Castiel233

Good to see you again Furball! We may disagree with each other from time to time, but I've missed your presence. All is well, I hope? :)

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Fwee

• 2 weeks later...

On 2015-03-09 at 7:25 PM, Guest Furball said:

9abec7ee2ecf7a680d66b3bd7c650646.jpg

I don't like memes such as this one. It makes a sweeping statement that even the originators of it most likely know is bullshit. Far from all Christians or Muslims, and definitely not ALL theists, believe in a literal Hell, or Hell at all. Whether that is intellectually honest or not is another question, but it's a lie to claim that "even the most tolerant theists" believe in eternal suffering for their fellow man. Stop perpetuating this crap, it's not helping our cause.

• Like 3

Yep. I came across a youtube vid last night titled Christianity is a lie. I thought this will be interesting... there was a pretty good opening about sun worship.

Then he hit Horus...

Born on Dec 25

Born of the Virgin Isis (Mara)

12 disciples

3 kings proclaimed him saviour

Crucified

Dead for three days

Resurrected

It was at this point I closed the video. Yep there are similarities between religions, but perpetuating bullshit is the same whether it is theistic bullshit or atheistic bullshit. It's all shit and stinks!

23 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yep. I came across a youtube vid last night titled Christianity is a lie. I thought this will be interesting... there was a pretty good opening about sun worship.

Then he hit Horus...

Born on Dec 25

Born of the Virgin Isis (Mara)

12 disciples

3 kings proclaimed him saviour

Crucified

Dead for three days

Resurrected

It was at this point I closed the video. Yep there are similarities between religions, but perpetuating bullshit is the same whether it is theistic bullshit or atheistic bullshit. It's all shit and stinks!

Did you by any chance stumble upon Zeitgeist? Ever since that "documentary" came out some 10 years ago, that "Jesus = Horus"-BS have been allover the place.

Hi rjn

Not that I know of. It was in this vid: The horus bit starts at 3:30... I think I got to 4 mins.... I mean there was probably some good stuff after, but there's a lot of other good material on the internet without having to wade through made up garbage to make the opposing point of view seem weak.

Disclaimer I do not endorse the video below - it is provided merely for educational purposes... and education on how NOT to make a case against Christianity. 

Yeah, that's snipped from Zeitgeist, a conspiracy theory-documentary that was really popular 10 years ago.

Ah ha! Well thanks to you I am now skeptical of claims of "this myth EXACTLY matches Jesus life" claims. I raise my eyebrow and go, "you religious bro?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_3741.JPG

• Like 4

Only religion can turn multiple ways of god's killing methods into such fun for children.

kb774sryv7ly.jpg