Goodbye Jesus

Christians, Would You Plead For Us In The Final Judgment?

scotter

He knew innocent folks would suffer for him,

That's very true. On the other perspective, just because the Gospels said 'Jews killed Jesus', and the Blood Curse after Pilate washed his hands (see Matthew), Jews suffered for 2000 years.

What is Salvation? What is Redemption? I still have lots of questions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lycorth

• SkepticOfBible

• scotter

• Ouroboros

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t want any xtian to plead for me – so please xtians – you are off the hook as far as I am concerned. I'll let jehooova know (at judgement) that you tried your best (but failed.) My blood is not on your hands! Thou art released!

:phew:

PROOF THAT CHRISTIANS DON'T THINK!!!!

It's right here!

OM,

"Why would you care if you "see" your family at "the marriage supper" if "Familial relationships are not perpetuated after death"??????"

I don't really dwell on my family. I don't need to. But I don't think biological relationships will have the same meaning. Marriages are the most intimate relationships, but they don't exist there so I expect blood ralationships to be different also.

He happily refers to the marriage supper (the event where the believers are united with heavenly father......which is refered to often as a marriage). BUT turns right around and says marriage (in the conventional sense....I'm sure) DOESN'T EXIST.

Man! These Christians talk out both sides of their face! So....marriage exists in heaven....between god and his church....but marriage doesn't exist anymore between a man and his wife. :twitch:

No wonder these folks don't have an issue with all the contradictions in their own book. They can't see the contradiction here!

What is Salvation? What is Redemption? I still have lots of questions.

They are ideas which flow forth from the Xian notion that we are inherently worthless and hellbound from birth unless we believe in Jesus™. They stem from the self-hatred that Xianity encourages and are best forgotten.

WolfHeart,

Actually the Bible acknowledges the natural love of self. It just encourages us to extend that love to other people. You guys mention quite often self-hatred as if it is some a doctrine of ours. It is not. To be honest, a religious system that maintains that humans are just animals is more likely to diminish a person's self-worth than Christianity. We teadh that people can become part of the royal f

family of God the creator, while you guys are struggling to establish your kinship with chimpanzees.

===========

Scotter,

Salvation is really an umbrella doctrine which includes several magnificent spiritual productions. Redemption is just one of them. It is about Christ purchasing His own people. "bought with a price" is how Paul described it.

WolfHeart,

Actually the Bible acknowledges the natural love of self. It just encourages us to extend that love to other people. You guys mention quite often self-hatred as if it is some a doctrine of ours. It is not. To be honest, a religious system that maintains that humans are just animals is more likely to diminish a person's self-worth than Christianity. We teadh that people can become part of the royal f

family of God the creator, while you guys are struggling to establish your kinship with chimpanzees.

Where does the Babble acknowledge self-love? And don't quote the Golden Rule (love your neighbor as yourself); the rest of Xianity contradicts that. Every traditional denomination teaches that we are unworthy before your god and need Jesus™ more than air or water; without him, we are nothing. In fact, the whole thrust behind Xianity is that we're inherently evil and hellbound and only by following a certain cult can our creator have the slightest love for us. That encourages self-hatred and the devaluation of oneself.

Don't make assumptions. We don't believe we came from chimps; just because we don't believe Biblegodzilla farted our worthless souls into existence doesn't mean all of us don't acknowledge that there is a creator and we are creations, not accidents. You display the stupidity of Xianity very well.

Besides, I'd rather believe that I developed from lesser lifeforms than believe I need to be made worthy in the sight of a demon like the one you serve. I'd rather believe I am an example of the highest (so far) development of my race and of humanity than a piece of shit who needs some dead god to make me feel special. A religion or religious philosophy that teaches we are a part of nature is infinitely preferable to one that teaches we are worthless turds who don't deserve to live because of what our so-called progenitors did in some fairy-tale garden. I'd rather be subject to the real and honest laws of nature than the condemnations of your heavenly sicko.

Salvation is really an umbrella doctrine which includes several magnificent spiritual productions. Redemption is just one of them. It is about Christ purchasing His own people. "bought with a price" is how Paul described it.

TxViper,

I see u ignored to answer my previous question regarding God's "chosen people"

But your above statement brings up more question

who is demanding the price and who is paying for it?

For What is it that christ is paying?Is it even allowed in the rules written that someone else can pay for you?

a religious system that maintains that humans are just animals is more likely to diminish a person's self-worth than Christianity

Did you see this thread by this christian called "Chris de Vidal" here are some of comments

Great question! Without Christ, a steaming dog turd. We all are.

I know a lot of people over here have heard sermons like "we are all garbage in front of god's eyes, and we can't do anything about it."

I don't see how you can say that christianity brings self worth, when it's core theology is saying that it is useless without god.

Txviper, please point out in the Bible where it says that a person can only repent before they die. I've heard many Christians say this, but absolutely none have ever been able to point me to the exact scripture that says this is the case.

i was actually taught that when a person dies, and faces god, they are then given one more chance to repent and go to heaven, or literally say no to god and choose hell.

You poor, mixed-up soul...

Maybe I can explain what your bible tells you. The self-love that it speaks of is not of the 'self' that you and your environment create. It is your natural state of love, joy and peace. The state we are all born into. This is what you share with others.

Then, you go on to change self-love to self-worth. This is the 'self' that you and other literalists (and many people, myself included at one time) have created and have 100% faith to be what you call 'self'. This is nothing more than the ego TX. When you say you can become part of the 'royal' family, this is a reflection of your ego.

What do you think Jesus (or the character portrayed as Jesus) meant when he said, "Deny thyself"? I can truly understand your confusion, but you have to realize that what you are saying here to us is very contradictory to your own faith. I know it is hard to muttle through the garbage that was put into the bible, but with effort you can do it. You may have to discard the title of Christian in order to understand the messages, but it would be well worth it. If a name has evolved to mean something other than what it intended...leave it behind.

Remember this one thing and it will help you. You are not who you think you are.

Euphgeek,

“nope, it doesn't say that a person can only repent before they die”

”no, that doesn't say anything about that, either”

”nope, still nothing that says we can't repent after we die”

You have the evidence. There is no indication that repentance will have any value after death when faith is no longer the issue.

Yes, I have the evidence. There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that repentance cannot happen after death. That is a cold, hard fact.

“That is not entirely true. God does not "hate" because hate is the opposite of God.”

Well granted, hatred as it pertains to God is different than what humans feel. But there are things that fall into the category.

“And religion can be a good thing, because it helps some people”

I think religion is Satan’s ace trump card. He would prefer people to be, in ascending order:

grossly evil

evil

somewhat evil

sortof good

good

very good

religious

Anything but born again into the royal family is acceptable.

“(like you and me) on their path to self-realization.”

I do not buy the “paths” idea. In my mind, this is being lost in the woods and making friends with the trees.

“you are still searching for the answer”

No, I am on friendly terms with the Person who designed everything from the DNA molecule to the things you see in Hubble photos.

“Once you find what true happiness in this lifetime is, you will not be concerned with "thrills" “.

Real happiness is a commodity that holds up in the midst of bad circumstances. There is a certain thrill in being happy in the middle of those. The Bible talks about this.

“When you have truly "found it", you will not be concerned with always being right.”

That sentiment has been repeated several times here, as if there is some virtue attached to being wrong. This is just another illusion. A self-imposed one in my view.

I'm not going to argue with you here. You can believe what you want. But I hope that you will believe me when I say that the only true religion is unconditional love. And the only reason we are here is to learn to unconditionally love others.

Guest runaway

This thread assumes hell is a place, which is what most western christianity teaches. Orthodox christianity (i beleive) teaches it as a spiritual condition. E.g. If the afterlife is full of love and you are full of hate it would be hell to you.

I dont know what i think about it.

This thread assumes hell is a place, which is what most western christianity teaches. Orthodox christianity (i beleive) teaches it as a spiritual condition. E.g. If the afterlife is full of love and you are full of hate it would be hell to you.

I dont know what i think about it.

hey welcome to the site.

Finally we have a different and refreshing view on christianity.

Do care to stop by the colloseum.

One of the evangelist is saying over there that the protestant bible is the true canon, and all the other ones are false(including yours)

May I ask you, what is condition of unbelievers in the afterlife?

Guest runaway

hey welcome to the site.

Finally we have a different and refreshing view on christianity.

Do care to stop by the colloseum.

One of the evangelist is saying over there that the protestant bible is the true canon, and all the other ones are false(including yours)

May I ask you, what is condition of unbelievers in the afterlife?

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome.

I am guessing you are assuming i am an orthodox christian, i am not. I am a Christian (just hanging on by the fingernails) ex evangelical trying to work out what i believe. I am interested in orthodox christianity as it holds new ideas and a different perspective than i had previously come across. But i am no expert or authority on what they believe.

condition of unbeleivers in afterlife? I don't know. I wish i did. I can only offer my opinion.

I hope to God that your experience of the afterlife is about who you are not what you beleive.

My belief/hope is that God will judge our hearts not our beleifs and that our motives are more important than our theology. Therefore i expect there will be unbeleivers eperiencing heaven because even though they didn't think they knew God, by their actions and the general direction of their lives they were serving God without realising it. I also expect some 'supposed' christians will find things a lot different than they expected.

I also beleive/hope that whatever hell is, there is still hope there. If heaven and hell is what fundamentalism presents then there will be no joy there for me if i have to watch loved ones who are better people than i am suffering eternally because of their theology or lack of it. Heaven would be hell for me then.

A lof of my beliefs about the afterlife come from near death experience testimonies including some from this site.

http://www.near-death.com/about.html