Goodbye Jesus

Abuse!

Guest mj's damaged

Guest mj's damaged

Once upon a time, a little girl was playing. Her father became angry cuz she wasn't doing her schoolwork. He marched upstairs and screamed at her. She cried cuz she didn't know why he was being so mean to her. She was just playing, after all she had stopped doing her schoolwork cuz she needed help and when she asked her father he didn't care.

Later that same little girl had become a young woman. She grew up with the constant abuse from her father. "You will never measure up, you aren't good enough, I am ashamed to call you mine, without me you can do nothing!" She heard that everyday! She became accustomed to it.

That's why she married a man that was the exact same way. Except this time it wasn't the verbal abuse as much as it was the physical abuse. If she screwed up, if she wasn't living according to his standard, he would beat her and claim that if she did that again he would kill her. She never left him, although after every beating she wanted to. He told her that if she left him, he would kill her.

Boys and girls does that sound familiar?

Let me help.

Once upon a time, a little christian was not doing what the bible (God) told her to do. So, God, being the wonderful father that he is, told her she wasn't good enough. that without him she could do nothing. that he was ashamed to call her one of his own and wanted to never see her again. Even though, she asked for her father to help and he never did.

Once upon a time a little christian was considered a bride and jesus was the bride-groom. However, if she screwed up, the consquence was eternal damnation. jesus, the bridegroom and god, the father would abuse and damn their "beloved" cuz she/he stepped out of line.

In this world if a father did that to his child, he would get jail time and the kid would go into foster care. In this world if a husband threatened to kill his wife, that is a crime and would hopefully go to jail. So tell me, fundi's why should we stay here in xianity just to be pushed around?

Good analogy. God's "love" is nothing more than abuse. Even his supposed way of making you pure is barbaric, sending his own bastard son [god didn't marry, Mary] to be tortured and killed. Real partentla love there all right.

Guest mj's damaged

Yeah, I forgot to add the part of the father thought he son was perfect. he even asked us to be more like him. we never measured up so the father decided that if we couldn't be perfect then maybe if his son's blood (perfect blood) was shed we would get infected, look like the perfect son then we could be in our father's presence, cuz if we don't don't look like jesus we will never be good enough and have to go to hell.

So true... I can't believe I believed this crap, once upon a time.

I know I remarked on this on another thread, but it's the truth about Xianity. It is what is so insidious about it. It is nothing more than willingly placing oneself in a abusive relationship with a being that exists entirely in your mind. Believing you're worthless without the favor of Biblegodzilla and Jesus and slaving to them every moment of the day in some form or another in order to earn that favor, and being afraid to leave on pain of torment - that's classic abuse.

I am going to start using that analogy when I explain my deconversion. I think that shall really hit home - and make a real point in the mind of the most devout fundy.

I am going to start using that analogy when I explain my deconversion. I think that shall really hit home - and make a real point in the mind of the most devout fundy.

I wouldn't bet on it, though one can always hope for the best.

Guest mj's damaged

We could only hope. you know parables where used in the "jesus era", to xians they were extremely effective. maybe this parable and other's as such will be effective. Now, let's think, most xians or any human being wouldn't stand by and watch someone being abuse. Why do xians stick around and continue to watch each other get abused and themselves? I am curious.

Guest mj's damaged

No really. I want to know. Any xian out there willing to answer this please do!!! Would you stand by and let your child or someone you love get abused? Would you let someone tell your child they weren't good enough? Would you let someone tell your loved own that if they didn't obey, they would be punished, tortured, tormented?