I Reeeally Hate Religion

Guest epii

Everywhere I go I am surrounded by monotheistic drones afraid of their own shadow.

It's really sickening. I can scaresly comment on political affairs without talking about religion and this is abhorent to me! I'm tired of wondering if I offend anyone with my atheist views and ranting about how the founding fathers of my country (United States) were students of the enlightenment in France circa 1776.

People don't want to hear history they just want the pain to stop. They wonder why the U.S. is in the utter and complete mess its in yet they still go to church and support the killing by supporting the docturnal system that insures the killing will continue. My recommendation to them to alleviate the pain is to read Paine (Thomas Paine). He was in my opinion the greatest of our founding fathers and he too hated religion and wrote about the absurdity of the Bible but people just don't care anymore about the insperation of our founders to create a country free FROM religion as well as freedom of religion.

Oh well, I'm done ranting for now. :nono:

Everywhere I go I am surrounded by monotheistic drones afraid of their own shadow.

It's really sickening. I can scaresly comment on political affairs without talking about religion and this is abhorent to me! I'm tired of wondering if I offend anyone with my atheist views and ranting about how the founding fathers of my country (United States) were students of the enlightenment in France circa 1776.

People don't want to hear history they just want the pain to stop. They wonder why the U.S. is in the utter and complete mess its in yet they still go to church and support the killing by supporting the docturnal system that insures the killing will continue. My recommendation to them to alleviate the pain is to read Paine (Thomas Paine). He was in my opinion the greatest of our founding fathers and he too hated religion and wrote about the absurdity of the Bible but people just don't care anymore about the insperation of our founders to create a country free FROM religion as well as freedom of religion.

Oh well, I'm done ranting for now. :nono:

Hey man, welcome and rant away. I love Paine as well.

:woohoo:

For the most part, I wouldn't shy away from expressing

your views, epii. I think too many of us who abhor the

fundy mindset have been too reluctant to speak our

minds, which is one reason why this country is in the

mess that it is in. Also, welcome!

:clap:

Welcome to the board - and if I have a son, his middle name will be Thomas, in honor of that great American mind who helped formulate the antibody to my spiritual illness.

I hear everything you're saying, and am indeed sick of people referring to Xianity as the spiritual lifeblood of America and it's primary fundamental foundation. There are reams of evidence of the Founding Fathers speaking against Xianity and often times in support of Deism, religious pluralism, and religious tolerance. Yet they can't stand the fact that America was not founded as a Xian nation, so they have to believe every lie they are fed.

With my eye on the facts of American history, I can't think of a more noble and anti-xian symbol than this:

USA.jpg

Welcome, again!

Welcome to ya eh!

And yes, Paine is yet another great and sad story of a man who had the right ideas, but in the end, the bloody rich powerheads of his time ended up turning his ideas around just enough to serve their purpose.