Goodbye Jesus

Homosexuality Can Be Cured- With Prayer!

Metroplex

I am a member of xxxchurch.com and go by the name 'wagarcia', this was before when I believed in Jesus and all that religion stuff, now, I usually go there just to see what fundies post and sometimes debate them, this was in the 'I need prayer' section of that forum under a topic "I have until monday" by aaron_5739 who wrote:

Greeting my brothers and sisters in Christ.

For quite a number of years now I have been battling with homosexuality. Sometimes I am strong in God and at other times I'm not. Its almost like being two different people. On the sexual side I can get very lustful and promiscuous, but on the other hand I'm a caring, loving, generous and humble person who just wants to serve God.

On Wednesday, I went for a scratch HIV test which came up "Reactive". This means that there is a high but not definite chance that I am HIV Positive. There still is a chance that I am negative but God is wanting me to warfare about it. My friend and prayer warrior told me that the enemy is trying to "lockjaw" on my life and I need to get into some serious prayer battle. I have been fasting and praying since Thursday and I feel closer to God.

Please pray for me. What is most important to me is that I find myself in the path that God has set before me. I want to be a servant for Him more than anything. Yes it would be great if the test came back negative and I'm believing God for a miracle, but whatever God's will is in all this is what I want.

Please pray that the enemy's grip is loosed and that I am set free from this bondage that has been holding me back all this time. I am a singer and have been singing for a long time. I know God wants to use me in huge ways, but first things first, I need to be renewed and cleansed!!

I'm going to receive my test results on Monday at 2pm (UK London time GMT). Please pray!!!!

Thank you.

Many blessings

Aaron

someone else posted:

FromHisRib:

Father,

We stand together in the body of Christ and pray for Aaron. Lord, God you have heard him say, come what may he wants to serve you.

Father we stand in unity and we pray against the disease that would attack his body. Lord we acknowledge that if this test should come back positive that it is not of you, but the consequences for his own choices and Lord we can still believe you for complete healing.

Father you restored Danny Wallace to complete health after testing positive for HIV and later full blown AIDS. We know you can do anything.

I thank you that you are a Father who would allow us to lose our flesh in order to save our soul. I thank you that Aaron knows how to call out to you Abba.

Lord, I ask right now for my brother in Christ that you would fill him with your peace and the fullness of your love. Lord that he can walk through the shadow of the valley of death if that be the case and know that he will fear nothing because you are with him and will comfort him.

We praise you for the work you will do in Aaron's soul. We praise you for the work you will do in his life.

We love you Lord and we thank you in all things because even though you may not give us what it is we think we want, you are ALWAYS good to us.

In Jesus name,

Amen

God be with you Aaron.

Now, some other hardcore fundy wrote this:

I agree with sister FHR, Father we join in prayer and ask for a negative result.

If two or three shall agree asking anything in my name it shallbe done, Father we claim those words before you and pray, Father we ask for healing if there is anything.

We cast the devil of infirmity in the NAME of JESUS CHRIST.

Father we accept his healing, thankyou for answering our prayer.

It was done 2000 years ago on calvary, YOU said it is done, its finished. LORD we claim Aarons healing, Aaron believe in the name of JESUS, anything is possible.

I'm praying for you, your brother in CHRIST.

ARUN

JESUS IS LORD

I saw all this bullshit and posted what I tought: :lmao:

Firstly, prayer doesn't work.

secondly, if it is God's will to punish Aaron with aids, why pray for a different outcome? God is sovereign.

Finally, homosexuality is not a 'disease' that can be prayed over and done away with. People are born homosexual, their brains are wired to like their own sex just like you are wired to like the opposite sex, if anything blame God for having made him with a homosexual brain to start with.

Now this lady, FromHisRib, thinks AIDS can be cured by praying about it, I have never heard or read of anyone ever being cured of this disease by medical threatment let alone, prayer, she replied from her high horse of christianity:

Originally posted by wagarcia

No, wagarcia, your prayers didn't work. Stop trying to pee in everyone elses cherios because you came to the realization that God was not the genie in a bottle you wanted Him to be.

secondly, if it is God's will to punish Aaron with aids, why pray for a different outcome? God is sovereign.

Again, you are just showing your ignorance, and mere imaturity. God's will would not be to "punish Aaron with AIDS". If Aaron's test comes back positive, it would be a mere consequence of Aaron's choices and having sex with an infected partner as he clearly confessed to in being promiscuous. We pray for a "different" outcome because there is always Hope in Jesus. It is because of God's sovereignty that we can pray in this way.

Finally, homosexuality is not a 'disease' that can be prayed over and done away with.

Correct, homosexuality is NOT a disease it is a choice. AIDS is a disease that like any sickness can most definitely be prayed over.

People are born homosexual, their brains are wired to like their own sex

This is your warped "scientific" analogy? Which still is absolute hogwash.

...if anything blame God for having made him with a homosexual brain to start with.

To reiterate, God did not create a "homosexual brain". No, we are not blaming God, that is your tactic, We choose to believe God at His word.

You Mr. Wagarcia have been told to stay out of the prayer forum. Go post your garbage in the general forum. If you need or want prayer, ask for it here, and we will gladly pray for you, some of us already are. Otherwise shoooo shoooo.... be gone.

all this coming from a christian!

Other fundies wrote:

Don't want to over react here, but Wagarcia YOU'RE WRONG. People are not born homosexual. It is an emotional disorder and something that people can address in counseling. I know because I have. Does my same sex attraction ever leave? No it doesn't, but the intensity of it has lessoned as I have learned what it is really about and what I can do to address the core issues. Can AIDS be taken away with prayer? - Yes if God so chooses. He may not, but He will help people to deal with it and He will use it to glorify His kingdom if the person is willing. Blu

Others prayed for me:

God bless you Wagarcia - I hope you find Jesus soon and grow to love Him as much as I do!

Praying for your salvation.

Aaron

I am sorry if this is a long post I just wanted to show you how one cannot argue with these folks, they all come down on you like a ton of bricks, any ideas, comments? :vent:

Thank you all for reading thus far. :thanks:

(vomit) Sorry... felt like purging myself after reading that. "Your prayers didn't work"? How very kind of her. And what happens when her prayers don't work and, oopsie, their god lets someone else die?

What lovely, elightened souls lurk among Xtianity.

:)Hi Metroplex! Wow, this is a subject to which I have strong emotions! When I was in seminary, I did a major research into the Bible regarding this philosophy about homosexuality. What I found is that the NT is NOT against homosexuality!!! These verses they use to condemn homosexuality is really condemning the religous right, not gays! *sigh*

Boy, would I love to talk to Aaron! I hope someone does!!! IMO, your emotions have so much influence on your health! There is a lot of evidence that suggests that your body speaks your mind! It seems that our emotions can leave us predisposed to illness. What is AIDS? It's an attack on our body and we don't have a way of fighting back! What is happening to poor Aaron by these religous right? There's an attack on his body's needs (emotionally) and he has no way of fighting back! Well... would someone help HIM in this area!? Help change his mind to the ones who should receive the verbal attacking are the religous right... NOT HIM! Sheesh! He needs to know how special and wonderful he is, without having to give up his belief in God... just the way he is NOW! There's an online Gay church called Cathedral of Hope which would be nice to recommend to him. IMO, a new empowered internal state alone could help ward off any infection of AIDS, not to mention the peace of mind he deserves! :woohoo:

Finally, homosexuality is not a 'disease' that can be prayed over and done away with. People are born homosexual, their brains are wired to like their own sex just like you are wired to like the opposite sex, if anything blame God for having made him with a homosexual brain to start with.

Well said Metro.

No, wagarcia, your prayers didn't work. Stop trying to pee in everyone elses cherios because you came to the realization that God was not the genie in a bottle you wanted Him to be.

But isn't what they're doing? They're praying for "healing" for this person, isn't that just "whishing on a genie in a bottle" too? So it's okay when they do it, but not okay if someone else do it.

Again, you are just showing your ignorance, and mere imaturity. God's will would not be to "punish Aaron with AIDS". If Aaron's test comes back positive, it would be a mere consequence of Aaron's choices and having sex with an infected partner as he clearly confessed to in being promiscuous. We pray for a "different" outcome because there is always Hope in Jesus. It is because of God's sovereignty that we can pray in this way.

Funny that they can't read. You did say "if it is". Which hints to a hypothetical statement, but few Christians know how to discuss or think in hypothetical terms.

So they "pray for a different outcome" because they don't believe in the "genie in the bottle" God?

Finally, homosexuality is not a 'disease' that can be prayed over and done away with.

Correct, homosexuality is NOT a disease it is a choice. AIDS is a disease that like any sickness can most definitely be prayed over.

And now this person is showing his/her ignorance.

People are born homosexual, their brains are wired to like their own sex

This is your warped "scientific" analogy? Which still is absolute hogwash.

I guess he/she have read the Bible this morning, but haven't read any scientific literature the last 20 years...

...if anything blame God for having made him with a homosexual brain to start with.

To reiterate, God did not create a "homosexual brain". No, we are not blaming God, that is your tactic, We choose to believe God at His word.

You Mr. Wagarcia have been told to stay out of the prayer forum. Go post your garbage in the general forum. If you need or want prayer, ask for it here, and we will gladly pray for you, some of us already are. Otherwise shoooo shoooo.... be gone.

all this coming from a christian!

Other fundies wrote:

Don't want to over react here, but Wagarcia YOU'RE WRONG. People are not born homosexual. It is an emotional disorder and something that people can address in counseling. I know because I have. Does my same sex attraction ever leave? No it doesn't, but the intensity of it has lessoned as I have learned what it is really about and what I can do to address the core issues. Can AIDS be taken away with prayer? - Yes if God so chooses. He may not, but He will help people to deal with it and He will use it to glorify His kingdom if the person is willing. Blu

Something is wrong here: "Does my same sex attraction ever leave" and "No it doesn't". Doesn't this tell that the person didn't get cured?

If I have a flu, get medicine, and get rid of it, would I say it works, but I still have the flue? I broke my leg, and I know I got healed, but the leg is still broken... what the hell is this person thinking? This person is the witness that homosexuality is not a choice, because he/she is choosing not to be and even praying to get freed from it, and still have the attraction! Don't they think?

But disturbing is that this thing will turn out one of two ways:

Aaron’s test will come back negative, and BibleGod will be praised for the “miracle” he did. Praise Jesus – Amen. Of course, there will be NO scientific evidence that BibleGod did any such thing. Aaron simply DIDN’T have AIDS.

Aaron’s test will come back positive. They will pray some more, and BibleGod will do absolutely nothing. This of course will be his WILL as already indicated by the fucked up spiritual advice he is getting. Aaron will however spend the rest of his natural life wrestling with his “faith.” He will have two voices tormenting him, one telling him to keep on trusting Jesus, and when it OBVIOUSLY doesn’t work, another voice of condemnation that his faith is not strong enough or that this is for some great purpose in the bigger scheme of BibleGod’s *wisdom*. (Everything works together, yadda, yadda, yadda).

Aaron will be depressed for the rest of his natural life.

He will be a “testimony” of how good BibleGod is – either way – even if it’s clear as daylight that BibleGod is doing absolutely nothing.

Bust assuming that he doesn’t have AIDS, then I would venture to say that Aaron will most likely at some point further down the road (if not sooner), give in to his sexual attraction for men. He will sleep around some more, wrestle with BibleGod some more, and the whole sick cycle will repeat itself – unless;

Aaron receives some education and

A ) Realize that if there is a “god” that IT doesn’t care about his sexual orientation, and he can start being true with himself as to who he is.

B ) There are ways as a to prevent contracting AIDS if you have to bump every other guy. We all like sex – deal with it responsibly.

:ugh:

Aaron receives some education and

A ) Realize that if there is a “god” that IT doesn’t care about his sexual orientation, and he can start being true with himself as to who he is.

B ) There are ways as a to prevent contracting AIDS if you have to bump every other guy. We all like sex – deal with it responsibly.

:)Thunderbolt, if just one person befriends him and just says that...

....what a tremendous difference it would make! :HappyCry:

:)Thunderbolt, if just one person befriends him and just says that...

....what a tremendous difference it would make! :HappyCry:

True, I think that's definitely the best thing. If you offer the practical angle of being willing to help them through the trial of HIV/AIDS if they do infact have it, then you are taking a far more benevolent road than anyone's cheesy prayers are taking.

Wow. That whole exchange is just really fucked up.

But y'know, my first inclination wouldn't be to get into the thick of it. There's a great deal of willful ignorance being displayed in that forum. I, frankly, have very little tolerance or time for willful ignorance. I much prefer to let truly stubborn, ignorant people live in the tiny little worlds they create for themselves - because such lives are ultimately small and miserable. And y'know? If people really want to make their lives small and miserable, they get whatever they deserve in terms of unhappiness.

Note that this doesn't mean that I think the guy in question deserves to have HIV; rather, disease is one of those things that just hits people without judgment. What I think is that they deserve whatever unhappiness comes to them as a result of their attitude.

But I'm also a cynical bitch. So go figure. ;)

The only real disease here is bigotry cos it ain't helping matters for Aaron...

I took a look at the site, and Aaron posted today, he was tested positive for HIV, but he is still praising Jesus.

http://www.xxxchurch.com/forum/topic.asp?T...776&whichpage=2

It is a shame that he is going to live out the rest of his life not being true to himself.

I feel sorry for Aaron. The poor guy cannot see that his sexual orientation does not exclude him from love. His own guilt is driving his sexuality, and in an unhealthy direction.

Aaron doesn’t need prayers, he needs a nice boyfriend.

IBF

The only real disease here is bigotry cos it ain't helping matters for Aaron...

You got that right!

I took a look at the site, and Aaron posted today, he was tested positive for HIV, but he is still praising Jesus.

http://www.xxxchurch.com/forum/topic.asp?T...776&whichpage=2

It is a shame that he is going to live out the rest of his life not being true to himself.

Yep, just as I predicted without knowing the results

But you know what.... PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! ... He is the reason why I'm on this earth today, living and breathing. Scripture tells us that God will never give us anything that we can't bear. God has an agenda and we have to live by it.

So, from "God hears all prayers" to "God has an agenda" - the ferris wheel of prayer.

Yeah, it was God's will that he got AIDS. So why can't it be God's will that he is homosexual?

Ok, someone should have warned me that I was entering an intelligence free zone before I read the posts from that site :nono:

I feel sorry for Aaron. The poor guy cannot see that his sexual orientation does not exclude him from love. His own guilt is driving his sexuality, and in an unhealthy direction.

Aaron doesn’t need prayers, he needs a nice boyfriend.

IBF

Exactly, IBF. Exactly.

This whole sad exchange is just Reason Number 4,356,789,342 why I am NOT a christian. Aaron is now choosing to be the whipping boy of every religious nut case on the Internet, and who knows what hell his private life is in. Being out with people about being a confused homo is not any fun at church, believe me...I tried it for a couple of years and it is just pure hell.

Chosen ignornance (good observation earlier) will only lead to a deeper ignorance of his true nature. Unfortunately, from what I read his only evil is not accepting himself, telling the rest of the world to take a flying f***, and move on with his life without his stupid god and religion. :screams:

Unfortunately, the bigotry shown by these christians against homosexuals is a symptom, not the disease. You can't get rid of the symptom without curing the disease of fundamentalism.

It will do little good to try to convince them that homosexuality is "ok" as long as they cling to their fundamentalist beliefs. Their hatred and fear of homosexuality are coming directly from their christian beliefs and the that won't change without addressing the root cause - their fundamentalism.

You could try to point out that the prayers were ignored even tho one of them claimed the promise that where two agreed in prayer it would be granted, but they'll have an excuse for that.

Hopefully Aaron will escape the self-hatred that's sure to follow as long as he remains a fundy or associates with other fundies. The fundies are the ones with the most horrible disease and the only cure is reason.

Yeah, it was God's will that he got AIDS. So why can't it be God's will that he is homosexual?
Because having homosexuality is more evil than having AIDS.

They can't go blaming the really bad shit on God now, can they? :Hmm:

Because having homosexuality is more evil than having AIDS.

They can't go blaming the really bad shit on God now, can they? :Hmm:

Of course. And homosexuality does provide pleasure while AIDS gives him agony and death. We know Biblegod can't be having anything that feels good and loves inflicting pain so how fitting is it that he gives this guy AIDS. :Hmm:

Complete transcript of Aaron's reply in xxxchurch.com forum:

Hi all,

well, I have been for my results and they came back as HIV positive.

But you know what.... PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I love Jesus so much, nothing could ever ever ever be so big as to take my love of Jesus away. He is the reason why I'm on this earth today, living and breathing. Scripture tells us that God will never give us anything that we can't bear. God has an agenda and we have to live by it. I'm so happy that this weekend of prayer and fasting has put my relationship with God back on track and I'm drawing closer to Him every day. He truly is the most important person in my life.

Thank you Jesus. When I needed comfort, you were there. You have kept my mind in peace and I thank you so much. Thank you for my network of friends both off and online. Its so good to know that people are praying for you. Jesus, I pray now that you will take me on to the next stage of my walk with you. Renew my heart and my mind. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence Jesus. I love you and want to spend my life living for and serving you. You have shown me that sometimes we have to pay prices for the sins we commit but I still believe in your healing and know that maybe one day I will be HIV negative because of your wonderful grace, mercy and favour. But regardless of that, I'm yours. Take me as I am and build me into the man you want me to be. I'm available for you to use me as You desire. I repent of all my past sins and give them over to You now to deal with. All burdens that I have I hand them to You. I'm excited about the future Lord. I know You are holding me by the hand. Deliver me from the homosexual temptations that the enemy tries to throw at me. Give me strength to rebuke the devourer at ALL times. There is NO other name higher than Jesus! You're awesome awesome awesome! THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!

Hey everybody, be encouraged. God is totally amazing.

He knows our needs, and our hearts desires. He may not grant us our desires when we want them, but you can guarantee they will come right on time! God's timing is PERFECT!

Thank you all for praying. Please continue to pray for me as I will pray for this excellent community of people.

GOD BLESS YOU EVERYONE!!

Sometimes when we are staring eternity in the face and the fact that we are going to die soon, the mind does strange things just to make us feel OK instead of the sheer terror it must feel.

I think Aaron is just in shock, poor guy, he should have been more careful, anyway, i hope they find a cure (the scientists) for AIDS soon.

Sometimes when we are staring eternity in the face and the fact that we are going to die soon, the mind does strange things just to make us feel OK instead of the sheer terror it must feel.

I think Aaron is just in shock, poor guy, he should have been more careful, anyway, i hope they find a cure (the scientists) for AIDS soon.

Ditto, and he doesn't need to suffer, although I might disagree with his beliefs.

All the more reason why we need to open up all areas of scientific research, such as stem cell research, etc. I would be curious to know how he would have reacted about his beliefs and faith had there already been a cure for AIDS? Perhaps his battle with faith would have taken on a different dimension.

A wild guess, but I am sure, I have friends who are gay and have gone through this whole drill. I have also "converted" three guy guys, and was converted by my best friend who was gay, saved from the "lifestyle" but is now living with her partner for the last couple of years. She hasn't given non belief any thought, but reserved herself as going to hell, which is fine with her, as long as she can be true to herself. I need to chat to her about this, but she is 12,000 miles away.

I understand that completely. That is how my dad started his walk with christianity. He had a massive heart attack and was not given much time to live. He then went to seek the "truth" and got caught up in religion.....grasping to any hope of cure or a happy ending, you know what I mean?

I guess sometimes it is easier for some to deal with this sort of situation in this kind of mindset rather than reality because in some ways, reality can be harsh.

I certainly hope that there will be a cure for this someday....it is terrible to see people suffer with this, especially young people.

This is just so sad. It makes me wish there really were a god of mercy who would answer this poor boy's prayers. It makes me wish I had the power to heal him through my prayers.

Scripture tells us that God will never give us anything that we can't bear.

If that were true, we would all still be Christians wouldn't we?

I feel sorry for the guy. He has one of my biggest fears. I just hope he gets some help to deal with what is about to be a thouroughly unpleasant experience. Can't say much else that hasn't been said, I guess some people like to beat themselves up, and continue beleiving they are indeed fallen and worthless.

Funny that they can't read. You did say "if it is". Which hints to a hypothetical statement, but few Christians know how to discuss or think in hypothetical terms.

So they "pray for a different outcome" because they don't believe in the "genie in the bottle" God?

What it sounds like to me is they are saying that we can pray to Jesus to go before God and try to get him to give a thumbs up or a thumbs down, but if he chooses to give us a thumbs down, well he's sovereign and after all, the blame lays with you in the first place, not the God who chose not to give you a thumbs up. "Though I hold the power to spare your life, I choose not to, because I am the Sovereign."

Wow, talk about primitive views of deities! So are they trying to say that if God chooses not give a thumbs up it is because he has a better plan for us, like a horrible death from AIDS??!! These people need a serious shot of LOVE to overcome their poisonous views of their deities. Hello, it's been a couple of millennia since the primitives viewed their deities like this! Are we going to bring back blood sacrifices too? Oh wait!!! Jesus is the blood sacrifice we offer to the Deity to make him happy and appease his wrath... is the picture starting to come into focus here?