Goodbye Jesus

The Ultimate Hypocracy

white_raven23

I've waited and waited for Sub Zero to address my post regarding Moses crafting a bronze snake with healing powers which was "comissioned" by the big man himself according to that WUNderful book the christians so desperately wish to believe we haven't read.

I've aslo paid attention to the debate going on about weather or not Jesus broke the Sabbath law.

Law. Law. Law. Law.

Back and forth.

I've wound up giving some serious thought to...THE LAW.

Several commandments are broken numerous times under the supervision of the being who supposedly GAVE the law.

Now.....maybe I'm silly. But last I checked, laws are only respected when the ones who MAKE the laws obey the laws themselves.

And I'm sure a christian would say something on the order of god being "above the law" or some bullshit. That is a copout. If we are his creations, he is responsible for us, if he is responsible for us....then like any halfway decent parent that doesn't stick their kid with lit cigarrettes, he wants to set a proper example of behavior for his young creations.

What is the example this being sets for us according to that book if it REALLY is the TRUTH?

Racism, Sexism, Prejudice, Bigotry, Incest, Genocide, and Intolerace.

We can't really even figure out what The Law is when the laws biblegod sets, he turns around and tells us to break.

The Christians don't even agree which law is The Law. If they did, we wouldn't have all the denominations....Catholic, Protestant, Adventist, Methodist, Baptist.

And the christians saying Jesus comes along and pretty much, the law is changed....NOT agreed upon by all mind you.

That's some pretty big IF going on there. The law is changed....IF that guy Jesus really is the true Son O' God.

Big IF.

Sure would have been helpful if God had actually spoken up and verified his paternity over this guy....big the big guy falls silent.

Can't shut up for the first 4000 or so years.....suddenly mute in the text.

Nice timing on the laryngitis.

The Christians don't even agree which law is The Law. If they did, we wouldn't have all the denominations....Catholic, Protestant, Adventist, Methodist, Baptist.

Didn't Jesus promise that he will send the holy ghost to those believe in him, so that the HG would guide these believers to the truth. (Can't remember about which verse.)

I think he also prayed that his followers would be united. I guess that prayer failed too.

I think you missed some - take a look at this celebration of unity:

Christian Denominations

1 Catholicism

1.1 Catholic churches accepting the primacy of the Roman Pontiff

1.2 Catholic churches closely related to, but not accepting the primacy of the Roman Pontiff

2 So-called Nestorian churches

3 Non-Chalcedonian Churches

3.1 Oriental Orthodox Communion

4 Orthodox Christianity

4.1 Eastern Orthodox Churches
4.1.1 Greater Eastern Orthodox Communion

4.2 Other Eastern Orthodox Churches

4.3 Western-Rite Orthodox Churches
5 Protestantism

5.1 Protestants before Luther

5.2 Lutheranism

5.3 Outgrowths of Lutheranism

5.4 Reformed and Presbyterian Churches
5.4.1 Reformed churches

5.4.2 Presbyterian churches

5.5 United / Uniting churches

5.6 Anabaptists

5.7 Brethren denominations

5.8 Baptists

5.9 Charismatics

5.10 Friends (Quakers) and Their Offshoots

5.11 Methodists

5.12 Pietists and Holiness Churches

5.13 Pentecostalism

5.13.1 Oneness Pentecostalism

5.14 African Initiated Churches (African Independent Churches)

5.15 Neo-charismatic churches

5.16 Messianic Judaism

5.17 Other movement churches
6 Anglican/Episcopal Church

6.1 Independent Anglican and Continuing Anglican Movement Churches

7 Swedenborgianism

7.1 Episcopal

7.2 Congregational

8 Restorationism

8.1 Restoration Movement (Stone-Campbell)

8.2 Millerites and Comparable groups

9 Gnosticism

10 Nontrinitarian

11 New Thought

12 Christian mystery religion

13 New Age

Check out the full Wikipedia entry. :blink:

<off topic>

You guys will never guess who's just read this topic...

daniel2zf.jpg

Yes... he's still sniffing around.

<off topic>

You guys will never guess who's just read this topic...

daniel2zf.jpg

Yes... he's still sniffing around.

hehehe most still come back..... Hey I wonder if we ever have christians posing as Exchristians. I wouldn't be surprised to find an undercover christian working here. But then again I wouldn't be surprised to find a christian war forum about this site! And great points everyone!

Peace,

BC