Goodbye Jesus

Selling Stuff To Homosexuals?

Kurari

OK, I was raised in an athiest/agnostic household and I really wasn't involved with churches as a Christian for very long. I've read the Bible numerous times but I am not well versed in Christian culture, so I have a question for those of you who have been. 

Why do some Christians feel they can't sell goods and services to homosexuals? How was this explained to you? 

Is it just the "abomination" thing that makes these people act like this? Is denying goods and services supposed to be the PC alternative to stoning LGBTQA? 

Because I don't remember anything in the Bible that says either Jews or Christians are forbidden to sell goods and services to homosexuals. 

Otherwise it's just pure arrogance to assume that because you sold something or performed a service that you're personally involved with your customer's lives.

Thank you for your insight!

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

This attitude seems strange to me, as well, since the Bible-God is against all sorts of different things. Why single out homosexuals? Why not do the same to people who gossip? I dunno...

Because unless you convince someone to repent and change their evil, sinful ways, you are condoning their sin unless you shun them. That's the "logic" I think they're sticking to. Ridiculous...just like the rest of the religion. And homosexuality is an easy target. A business is not going to ask if you've coveted, gossiped or taken the Lord's name in vain before they bake you a cake, but if you are openly gay your "sin" is visible.

Gays weren't an issue when I was in the church.  They were just another one of the many of "those" groups that were of the world and going to hell so while we were here we just had to live and deal with them.  Basically the whole "love the sinner but hate the sin" spiel.  But I guess that's changed now.

mwc

I think the more mainstream acceptance of homosexuality is causing an "us vs them" mentality because they feel threatened.

Repressed homsexual tendancies caused by young adult sexual oppression? Just a guess. They say the most homophobic ones are most likely gay. Like those republican reps that get caught with a dick in their mouth. Literally.

Bigotry disguised as religion, is still bigotry. Nothing more or less. ''Freedom of religion'' doesn't mean this. 

OK, I was raised in an athiest/agnostic household and I really wasn't involved with churches as a Christian for very long. I've read the Bible numerous times but I am not well versed in Christian culture, so I have a question for those of you who have been. 

Why do some Christians feel they can't sell goods and services to homosexuals? How was this explained to you? 

Is it just the "abomination" thing that makes these people act like this? Is denying goods and services supposed to be the PC alternative to stoning LGBTQA? 

Because I don't remember anything in the Bible that says either Jews or Christians are forbidden to sell goods and services to homosexuals. 

Otherwise it's just pure arrogance to assume that because you sold something or performed a service that you're personally involved with your customer's lives.

Thank you for your insight!

..because Xtians believe the gay dollar doesn't equal the same value as the straight dollar.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew a lady that shut down her wedding cake business because she wanted to avoid possibly getting sued for refusing to make cakes for homosexual weddings.

This was before I was out of "the fold", but I remember that it didn't seem right to me. I asked her, "How is that showing love to people? Why not do the work and just love them?"

She went on some spiel about how "those people" will just take over everything unless we make a stand, blah, blah, blah...

Very nice lady too. I was severely confused.

But religion does that too...turns nice people into assholes.

I knew a lady that shut down her wedding cake business because she wanted to avoid possibly getting sued for refusing to make cakes for homosexual weddings.

This was before I was out of "the fold", but I remember that it didn't seem right to me. I asked her, "How is that showing love to people? Why not do the work and just love them?"

She went on some spiel about how "those people" will just take over everything unless we make a stand, blah, blah, blah...

Very nice lady too. I was severely confused.

But religion does that too...turns nice people into assholes.

Yeah, the "gay thing" is just an easy sin to single out, and the people doing that don't see how asshole their behavior is. I was talking to a conservative christian guy that I used to go to church with about a year ago, and he was yammering on and on about "the gay agenda", specifically marriage. I told him that even if you don't agree with the lifestyle, letting gay men pair up amongst each other was a hell of a lot better than having them feel that they need to marry women in some sort of silly "sham marriage", and then carry on affairs with men on the side. He didn't really have a good answer for that, but he still wouldn't give up his opposition to the lifestyle. These people just can't help themselves!

He didn't really have a good answer for that, but he still wouldn't give up his opposition to the lifestyle.

He didn't have a good answer because he was thinking, "Oh shit! He knows!" tongue.png

they said they don't want to sell to them because they feel that means that support them

weirdly, gun store never feel that they support any killer just because the store selling them the smoking gun