Goodbye Jesus

It's Not Worth It

Worthless

A wise person would go back and return to the flock and serve Jesus just in case. 

God cannot be fooled like that. You know this. 

A deity gains nothing when unbelievers go through the motions and provide lip service.  However a con artist gains everything by convincing the unbelievers to go along with the scam.

Precisely. If Christians truly believe their god can understand people's minds and hearts, then they KNOW that it's not possible to scare us back into belief. We can only be scared back into showing up at a building every Sunday and lying through our teeth and actions by going through the motions. 

I'm not a fan of lying. I'm not going to waste my time or the time of a congregation with fakery.

• Like 1

Guest Furball

Hi,

I'm a Christian here.

But what if IT is true? What if there really is a heaven and hell, and you are going straight to hell, where you will burn and be tormented for all eternity?

A wise person would go back and return to the flock and serve Jesus just in case. Maybe you will have to put up with hypocrisy, and judgment inside the church....but at least that is only for a short while compared to suffering in hell for all eternity.

It's not worth it.

1.I am sorry to hear you are a christian.

2.What if it is true? It isn't. Why would i go to hell? What did i do that was so bad that it deserves eternal torture at the hands of a loving god?

What if i told you that someone in line at a bank who accidentally bumped into the person in front of them in the line deserved to be thrown into solitary confinement at the worst prison imaginable, and was barely kept alive by bread and water for the rest of their life for doing that? Or what if i told you a child was beaten severely and was only fed once a day for the rest of their life for committing the crime of stealing a cookie from the cookie jar? You see the threat of god sending me to hell for trivial stupid crap is as laughable as those 2 analogies. According to the petty god of the bible, a girl looks at a guy with his shirt off at the pool = trillions and trillions of years of suffering for doing that. A man heading to the bathroom at night and stubs his toe on the coffee table and says shit that really hurts  = billions and billions of years of suffering for saying the word shit. What petty, laughable non sense. 

3. A wise person would go back and serve jesus? Why? I thought you were saved by grace, by what jesus already did for you, not for what you can do for him. I guess grace isn't so amazing after all. 

4.It's not worth it? Yes actually it is. All the freedom and peace that jesus promised i didn't experience until i found myself deconverted from that myth and his lying words.  

The Rejection of Pascal's Wager: Central Thesis

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm a Christian here.

Just wanted to say I read the posts every now and then. Let us pretend that Jesus is not real.

Let us pretend that Batman is not real..... oh wait he isnt real. Just like jesus isnt real.

Hi,

I'm a Christian here.

Just wanted to say I read the posts every now and then. Let us pretend that Jesus is not real.

<snip>

Yeah, you lost me right there. I don't need to pretend anything about some guy we have virtually no reliable information about being somehow also an imaginary deity. Because he isn't. End of discussion.

Jesus, could you please defend your own existence? If youre almighty, I mean.

• Like 1

A wise person would go back and return to the flock and serve Jesus just in case. 

No, thank you.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
Maybe you will have to put up with hypocrisy, and judgment inside the church....but at least that is only for a short while compared to suffering in hell for all eternity.

People don't abandon their belief in their "Creator and Savior" just because of a few assholes in the congregation. People walk away from belief in god, particularly the Bible God, because there is no evidence for it. Reality, common sense, and critical thought must be abandoned in favor of blind faith and some people just can't do that. In fact, your religion makes so little sense and has so little supporting it you must threaten people with Hell if you hope to get them to join in the madness. Fuck off.

Worthless,

I don't mean to be rude, but do you seriously find that to be a convincing argument? Take off your Christian goggles for one second. Are we really to accept a belief system which is utterly absurd (not to mention largely incomprehensible) because if we don't we will be subject to punishment by an assumption of that belief system? This is puerile at best.

• Like 1

I read a book a while ago in which the author said that if you want to understand Xtians  better, substitute the word "pretend" for "faith" and then you will better understand  what xtians are doing better. And that is what they are doing, However, they would never admit this. Worthless, your suggestion that Xtians return to the fold because its risky not to, comes pretty close to actually saying to Xtians that in order to protect themselves from hell they should return to Xtianity and pretend that they have faith, You don't use those words but that is their meaning. What else could the exchristian do after having tried their best for 10, 20, 30 years.  You didn't even give any suggestions for how this return to the faith can be accomplished by educated, honest people who have given Xtianity more than a fair chance. Returning to the faith would be tough  when you've "been there, done that" and you know more about the faith and Xtian history than most Xtians. And if (horror of horrors) you are not afraid to use logic and read Xtian history written by real historians.  Rip

• Like 1

But what if IT is true? What if there really is a heaven and hell, and you are going straight to hell, where you will burn and be tormented for all eternity?

What kind of prick would send me to eternal torment just cuz I didn't wuv him? Jesus, apparently. Why do you worship a prick like that? 

A wise person would go back and return to the flock and serve Jesus just in case. Maybe you will have to put up with hypocrisy, and judgment inside the church....but at least that is only for a short while compared to suffering in hell for all eternity.

Worship the prick just in case? No thanks. Why would you want to kiss the ass of a prick so you can then spend eternity in that prick's heaven kissing his ass forever? What is your definition of torture, anyway? Kissing Jesus' ass in heaven sounds like eternal torment to me. "Oh, Jesus I luvs you so much. Please dont send me to hell...." - vommit.

It's not worth it.

Wasting time kissing the ass of a non-existent being is not worth it. 

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm a Christian here.

Just wanted to say I read the posts every now and then. Let us pretend that Jesus is not real. He was just a man, a lunatic, or didn't even exist. He never died for you, He never saved you. You were brainwashed etc.

It's not worth it.

The end of his/her posts suggests that the conversation was over before we had a chance to answer any of his/her rhetorical questions.

So, why waste his/her time writing all of that and just tell us, "You are all going to Hell!!"?

Is this considered a "hit and run post"?

Yeah, likely a hit and run.

You all know I'm generally not a fan of humor when discussing something as important and evil as Christianity, but I must say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Our latest Christian poster is either thirteen, or a dumbass.  And remember that logically speaking, my use of the word "or" does not imply that both can't be true.

But both can also be false.  silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

You all know I'm generally not a fan of humor when discussing something as important and evil as Christianity, but I must say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Our latest Christian poster is either thirteen, or a dumbass.  And remember that logically speaking, my use of the word "or" does not imply that both can't be true.

But both can also be false.  silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

They do seem likely though.

aww you guys are soo nice to this new christian. i Applaud you. Atheist are always being so sweet and kind

mostly everyone was nice but for the ones being mean to the new guy...pick on someone your own size. You know what happens when u deal with me. Muwahaha

Hi A1,

Was I nice enough? I really tried. Nothing fosters warm fuzzy feelings like being told god is going to toast you in hell for not forcing yourself to believe what you suspect isn't true.

• Like 4

Ya… that's always a POLITE way to start a conversation, and in someone else's home too.

Who's being rude here?

You know what happens when u deal with me. Muwahaha

You embarrass yourself?   tongue.png

pureevil.gif

• Like 1

Hit and run post. We won't hear from him, again, any time soon -- if ever.

I like how he threatened us too. As if that was going to convince us to come back into the fold lol I can't help but laugh inside.

Maybe, as well as the hit and run posting, Worthless also PMed End3...?

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/67542-qualification/page-3#.VTC3WPnF8uk (# 47)

"It's the same here. A new member PMed me recently and described this place as "a cesspool of self-righteousness". The correct answer would be yes."

A new member who PM's a resident Christian like End3 with a message like this is very likely to be a Christian too.

So that rules out Ironhorse, Justus, Ordinaryclay, Thumbelina, A1 Steaksauce, Chrisassaf or Wellofwater - none of these are new members.  It could be 2PhiloVoid, but that kind of negative, condemnatory judgement doesn't seem to be his style.  Which leaves three possibilities.

1.  End was PMed by a new Christian member who's not posted anything yet.

2.  End was PMed by Worthless.

3.  End's lying to us and simply making shit up.

So, if it was # 1 or #2...  devilfinger.gif

If it's #3, then I'm not really surprised.

That kind of negative, condemnatory judgement against us is exactly the kind of thing End would write.   It fits him to a tee.  

Aw, he didn't even stick around long enough for the lions to sink their teeth in. How unfortunate... zDuivel7.gif At the very least, his one and only post was entertaining.

It's not worth it.

No, that would be cowardly. To reject a hypocritical, judgmental tyrant who is omnipotent and omniscient, at the risk of being sadistically tortured by him forever takes courage.

Crawling back to him and pretending to be his personal love slave out of fear of punishment would be the actions of a coward, but would also be pointless. How could anyone deceive someone who is omniscient? Trying to do what you suggested would do no good; we'd still go to Hell anyway.

As in the Latin "vel" as opposed to "aut."  Heh heh.  Love it!

Worthless, if you are still around, I'll merely add that I used to believe what you wrote in your OP.  Experiences led me to embrace Christianity in late adolescence.  Experiences later led me out of it.  (Along with much rational investigation, but I leave that part aside.)  You have your experience, we have ours. 

The original poster fails to recognize their faith is motivated by fear. Believe or burn! Do as God commands or suffer the consequences! Do what I command and I will bless you abundantly.....or maybe not. I might give your terminal cancer as a way of "testing" you. Ask anything in the name of Jesus and you will receive it.....unless you don't. Never forget my servant Job. I loved Job but I still screwed him over royally....just because I could. I had to show the devil I am the MAN....don't mess with me and don't count on me doing what I say I will do....cause I tend to change my mind......a lot. Love me and follow my commands and I will give you eternal life with me in heaven.......or maybe not.

Yeah man,...that sounds great. Where do I sign up? glare.gif

• Like 1