Goodbye Jesus

Nasa May Have Accidentally Figured Out How To Make A Warp Drive.

ContraBardus

ContraBardus,  I hope you forgive me for my post that seems to have got your thread de-railed or rather going down a side track.  The others are surely bringing it back on track.  I had to post that question as I didn't understand the level of negativity that was in many replies.  Much of what BAA has posted, has helped me to understand many things I had not before, and I am sure others will benefit from this as well.  I remember posting a thread which ended up completely different to what it had started off as.  Some questions lead to others and hence what has happened here. 

Apologies again for causing the topic to veer off.

ContraBardus,  I hope you forgive me for my post that seems to have got your thread de-railed or rather going down a side track.  The others are surely bringing it back on track.  I had to post that question as I didn't understand the level of negativity that was in many replies.  Much of what BAA has posted, has helped me to understand many things I had not before, and I am sure others will benefit from this as well.  I remember posting a thread which ended up completely different to what it had started off as.  Some questions lead to others and hence what has happened here. 

I second this. Sorry CB.

I'm not sure if the EmDrive is repeatable but unless we find some kind of improved space drive manned

missions to the local planets will be seriously hindered.

I'm not sure if the EmDrive is repeatable............

It is repeatable concerning 7 separate tests of its validity by 5 different entities, since 2001. Just a few months back this technology was shown to work in a hard vacuum. NASA testing is very much hindered by a very small budget. Sonny White, the NASA project leader, I think has a good handle on the technology according to a speech he made. But with only a token budget he and his team can't do much. According to Roger Shawyer the inventor of this technology in England,  thinks western countries will be left in the dust because they cannot understand how this technology works, and therefore aren't investing in it.  Shawyer has talked with private companies from various countries and foreign governments that he believes are spending a lot more money developing this technology, which could put whoever perfects this technology far ahead of the world in space science propulsion technology. Shawyer and his company are also working in partnership with other companies that are working on this technology, as well as companies that are working in competition with Shawyer.

Countries like Iran and North Korea, if they decided to work on this technology in earnest,  conceivably could dominate heavy lift spacecraft in the future for a decade or more before the rest of the "Rip Van Winkle" world finally woke up. A Chinese company has already built the most powerful prototype tested to date in coordination with Shawyer's company, so it would seem that the Chinese government already has access to the technology. If they chose to enfranchise this technology with a large investment, they could soon be well-ahead of all others.

I expect this technology to become very big. If the heavy lift technology works out, maybe within 15 years, then big strides in manned space exploration of our solar system could take place in relatively short periods of time. From this technology it seems possible that warp drive technology could result, but not for centuries if ever IMO.

http://dutchsinse.com/5022015-space-travel-using-microwavesem-drive-experiments-prove-successful/

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04/evaluating-nasas-futuristic-em-drive/

I really don't understand what any of these agencies have accomplished in the real world in regards to the EmDrive. What have they actually done? Does this technology perform any tasks yet?

I am not in the science circles as much as some of you. I am genuinely asking the questions above because i don't understand how much of this is hype vs how much of this is true data. Some of the articles i have read about the EmDrive says the tests were tampered with. That raises the question: Is this a valid technology?

I really don't understand what any of these agencies have accomplished in the real world in regards to the EmDrive. What have they actually done? Does this technology perform any tasks yet?

I am not in the science circles as much as some of you. I am genuinely asking the questions above because i don't understand how much of this is hype vs how much of this is true data. Some of the articles i have read about the EmDrive says the tests were tampered with. That raises the question: Is this a valid technology?

I will believe it is when it is repeated by a reliable source.

• Like 1

I will believe it is when it is repeated by a reliable source.

Isn't NASA a reliable source?  They have done many tests of EmDrive over many years including a recent test in a vacuum, and the leader of the testing group, Sonny White, also has high hopes for this technology according to a speech he made. New reports of ongoing progress in this technology have been reported as often as several times annually.

What are you doing, Pantheory?

In posts # 317 and 319 you agreed that you can never enjoy the trust-based relationship that exists between Ex-Christians.

But today you're in dialog with MyMistake and EyesOpened (both Ex-Christians) about trust issues and the reliability of sources, in a thread that was started by ContraBardus, another Ex-Christian.

What gives?

You agreed that you can never be properly trusted by us Ex-Christians and then 48 hrs later, you're carrying on as if you never agreed to anything!

Don't you get what you agreed to?

You agreed that you will never be trusted by us Ex-Christians as we trust each other.

You agreed that you have nothing in common with us.

You agreed that your comments don't apply to us, even if you believe they do.

So why the **** are you going back on your word?

By what you agreed Pantheory, you shouldn't be posting in any thread involving Ex-Christians!

That was why I suggested that you take your talents elsewhere.

Please leave this forum asap!

I second this. Sorry CB.

I've been as guilty as anyone else here in the overall thread of contributing to the off topic stuff. Wendyshrug.gif We've made our way back to the original topic again and gone off into derailment several times in this thread.

What the testing has shown is that a continuous force is being applied to the device when electricity is turned on. The electrical force produces microwaves, which causes the device to rotate on a pedestal. This rotation is very slow but the power applied is also very small as is the device. In a gravity free environment this force if operating and applied continuously, can produce continuous acceleration. Acceleration without limit can produce great speeds, far beyond any space craft now in existence. This could replace ion drive as a better system than anything we presently have for satellites.

But very much bigger devices using similar technology seemingly could lift large payloads from the Earth into space, could fly to Mars, land, spend a month there and fly back again, all within less than 6 months without fuel other than electricity, which could be supplied and stored by numerous sources. This all seems reasonable to Shawyer (the inventor) and many other sources.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/02/more-emdrive-experiment-information.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/nasa-test-of-impossible-em-drive-that-uses-no-propellant-a-vacuum-a-success

In this thread, and generally all others, you should stay on topic. If you want to know what I'm doing, which is nothing other than explaining EmDrive, please PM me. I saw your last PM's so please PM me again.  Every posting and question should generally remain on topic, in many readers opinions and in mine. We already had our "little" discussion.

But today you're in dialog with MyMistake and  . . . 

Uh, no.  I don't dialog with people who falsely accuse me of harassing them.  Perhaps he has tried to

engage me but that would indicate that I have not harassed him.  Good for me.

The problem with staying on EM drive as a topic is that there isn't enough material to cover more than one

page.  We can repeat what the report said.  Then we can repeat it again.  Then what?  Until new

developments happen there isn't anything else to say about the topic.  However I think we can all learn

from this experience.  The next time our favorite pseudoscientist tries to derail a thread we should probably

start a new topic devoted exclusively to the pseudoscientist's derailment effort.  That way whatever

objection is made will be on topic in the new thread and the old thread will remain somewhat preserved.

But today you're in dialog with MyMistake and  . . . 

...............The problem with staying on EM drive as a topic is that there isn't enough material to cover more than one page.  We can repeat what the report said.  Then we can repeat it again.  Then what?  Until new developments happen there isn't anything else to say about the topic.  However I think we can all learn from this experience........................

Very true, but any of us could start a thread on another appropriate topic for this forum. The key word here is "appropriate."

In this thread, and generally all others, you should stay on topic. If you want to know what I'm doing, which is nothing other than explaining EmDrive, please PM me. I saw your last PM's so please PM me again.  Every posting and question should generally remain on topic, in many readers opinions and in mine. We already had our "little" discussion.

For the record people...

Pantheory's visited my profile page at least four times during this thread.  I noticed this and twice PMed him.  He refused to answer, so I stopped PMing him.  

So please don't let him fool you into thinking that we've had a fruitful, on-going dialog via PM.  We haven't.

This kind of spin is symptomatic of Pantheory, hence my concentration on trust issues.

Btw, I think MyMistake's right.

Nothing new can be said about this topic.

Therefore, it should be locked.

Thanks,

BAA.

Sent Today, 11:59 AM

you seem to have more mistaken understandings of reality than any person that I have talked to who is sane.

I never refused to answer your e-mails, I never saw them, nor did I see Black Cat's first or second e-mails. I didn't even know where the e-mail flags were on the home page.

Upon looking at your e-mails they say generally nothing at all other than leave this forum. I could ask you to do the same thing.

I will not reply to any of your postings any longer, or those of anyone else, if they are not on topic. You seem to like accusing, bickering and arguing, and I do not. Nearly all realize that it is inappropriate to make postings personal, negative, and off topic.

It is not sarcasm when I say, best wishes, 

Forrest

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent to me today by Forrest (Pantheory) Noble via Private Messaging

This... from a man who claims to be able to do what Einstein, Hawking and Feynman couldn't do (explain reality) and to be able to do it more simply.

Outfoxed by the layout of a website... again!

Please draw your own conclusions.