Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Guest end3

Sorry bout your wife E3. That's rough sweetie. But guess what? It's okay to be angry. It's okay to feel what you are feeling. If arguing with us heathens helps you feel better, then we are happy to oblige. But its not going to solve the problem. We aren't gonna pray for you, we aren't gonna tell you all these feel good "deepities" that some made-up deity revealed to us. But we will be your friend and we are here for you if you need to talk and vent. I've enjoyed talking with you on this thread, E3. It's been educational to say the least.

Thank you....the good news is children are not stupid. They see something they don't agree with and typically do the opposite. My two girls understand what NOT to do through her actions, yet it would be better in my opinion that they not see the "options" in the first place. Thanks again.

Yes, you are right....I mixed/comingled a response to him in the post I responded to you. I thought you could understand that I was doing that.

We cannot read your mind.  Seeing how things have calmed down let me repeat what I said earlier.  I am

cool with you having religion as long as you don't defend it here or try to spread it here.  Save your religion

for church.  If you can convince any friends to go with you to church then you have my blessing to make

every effort to indoctrinate them into your religion while at church.  That is what church is for and anybody 

who knowingly visits a church is asking for it.  But ex-C is for ex-Christians.  If you learn to respect that

then I will respect you.  Just ignore the threads that ask Christians to defend or explain their religion.

Otherwise you will get pissed off when you don't have good answers and the cycle will repeat.

And End3, for what it's worth, I hope the shit you're dealing with gets better.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Yes, you are right....I mixed/comingled a response to him in the post I responded to you. I thought you could understand that I was doing that.

We cannot read your mind.  Seeing how things have calmed down let me repeat what I said earlier.  I am

cool with you having religion as long as you don't defend it here or try to spread it here.  Save your religion

for church.  If you can convince any friends to go with you to church then you have my blessing to make

every effort to indoctrinate them into your religion while at church.  That is what church is for and anybody 

who knowingly visits a church is asking for it.  But ex-C is for ex-Christians.  If you learn to respect that

then I will respect you.  Just ignore the threads that ask Christians to defend or explain their religion.

Otherwise you will get pissed off when you don't have good answers and the cycle will repeat.

I one hundred percent agree with ya MM. At the same time though, ya gotta put yourself in End's shoes. I honestly don't think the guy is trying to piss us off. Ya gotta look at the big picture. His life is falling apart around him and his religion is the only thing keeping him sane...or so he believes. He's doing the thing that humans have been doing since the beginning of humanity and that's to try to appease his god. If getting on his computer and defending his faith against us evil apostates is what he feels his god demands of him in order for him to get his life together, that's what he's gonna do. You and I, MM, all of us here, we know what it's like to be trapped in this mentality. We didn't know it was all bullshit and at one point, we were all End. The best thing to do is be compassionate and realize that no matter what we say to him, he's always gonna be on here proselytizing. It's just part of his identity at the moment. We can choose to love him in spite of the fact that most of the shit he says on our threads is bullshit and we can keep calling him on his bullshit, that's fine. But we can still accept him for who he is and be his friend in spite of all of it. It's probably better than what his Christian friends do. They probably sit there and tell him that God is punishing him for something and that somehow he deserves all this shit that's happening to him. We are better than that. Aren't we?

• Like 1

We can choose to love him . . . 

No thank you.  I don't owe him that.  I choose to respect people until such time that they demonstrate 

they are not worthy of respect.  But I do this because it fits with my personal philosophy.

But we can still accept him for who he is and be his friend in spite of all of it. It's probably better than what his Christian friends do. They probably sit there and tell him that God is punishing him for something and that somehow he deserves all this shit that's happening to him.

I did offer him the olive branch.  It is up to him if he can live with the terms or not.  This isn't the first time with

End3 and he isn't the first Christian to whom I have made that offer.  It is the standard level of respect I offer

to all Christians.

Besides, I'm not really angry at him.  Rather I enjoy pointing out the flaws in Christianity.  If that makes me

a bad person then I don't care.  So be it.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

I enjoy pointing at the flaws in Christianity as well. It's so fucking easy!

But I do understand where you are coming from. I don't know what my worldview is yet. I am still sorting out thoughts and feelings in myself now that I don't have a god or a religion anymore. All I know is, I have a very soft, feely spot for Christians and as long as they stay in that zone and don't flip my "bitch switch" I will be super nice and understanding with them. But I have always been this way. Must be more of a personality thing than an ideological thing. I ain't gonna lie, End flipped my bitch switch a couple times in this thread, but he hit me in the feels with the other thing he said, and since he doesn't strike me as a particularly manipulative person, I let him have this one.

That was fantastic. Mods, can we pin this please? Oh please? For future generations of doubters and struggling cult escapees?

I'm just going to comment here because no one has replied in a while and this thread needs to be seen (pinned in a place of honor); I want to make sure it doesn't get lost.

I'm just going to comment here because no one has replied in a while and this thread needs to be seen (pinned in a place of honor); I want to make sure it doesn't get lost.

Pinned here or in the Lion's Den? I'm confused.

IMHO, this thread should be be sent back to the Lion's Den where it belongs. It's in two places in the forums, and a thread divided against itself won't stand, or so I'm told.

I thought it should be in R and R. OP seems pretty pissed off :)

Don't trouble yourself to actually DO something (anything) about this starving child End...

...just push your Christian responsibility to act away with faith and keep it out of sight and out of mind with - faith!

Faith will keep the flies away and fill his belly with food and drink, right?

Faith's the answer, not action?

Yes, it is deplorable but does slandering someones religious beliefs help the situation...

Yes, it is deplorable but does slandering someones religious beliefs help the situation...

Silly believer, the truth is never slander.

Don't trouble yourself to actually DO something (anything) about this starving child End...

...just push your Christian responsibility to act away with faith and keep it out of sight and out of mind with - faith!

Slander is a false statement. But no, debates on the internet generally do not help world hunger. On the other hand these debates help enlighten those in overcoming the entrenched fear-based religion of Christianity.

• Like 1

Silly believer, the truth is never slander.

Slander is a crime against a person...and if that person is imaginary...well...

I'm unclear as to what it is you think is deplorable, Justus.

The fact that there are starving children or End3's refusal to do anything to help them?

And if he needs to be slandered to sting him into helping them - then I'll gladly go ahead and slander him!

But for the record, I haven't slandered him... yet. 

All I've done so far is to point out what he needs to do to have a living Christian faith and not a dead one.

• Like 1

Actually your confused about a lot of things but I won't waste my 'energy' trying to explain.

Actually your confused about a lot of things but I won't waste my 'energy' trying to explain.

I didn't say that I was confused Justus.

I said I was unclear about something you didn't make clear.

Two different things.  PageofCupsNono.gif

And seeing as you haven't got the energy, I won't press this point any further.

You're only here to score points, not to make them clearly.

End3, you get more like Jesus everyday.

I am just coming to a point where it's impossible to visit with y'all. We were discussing the end times proposition and somehow she twists that into I am waiting for Jesus to come back rather than acting/doing. I gather the reason she was triggered was this hit home for her.

About to sign off permanently from this place due to people totally unable to have a normal conversation. Y'all seem to want answers to questions that the story says you won't get, that many brilliant minds couldn't reconcile. There seem to be only a very few here that are ok with their position to the point where decent conversation is the norm. You have noticed that those who were able to do this are mostly gone now....left this site? Now all we have are people like BAA and MM perpetually stuck in asshole/douchebag/petty mode.

Speaking of becoming more like Him and end times....

13"If the house is worthy, give it your blessing of peace. But if it is not worthy, take back your blessing of peace. 14"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. 15"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

It's petty of me to hold End3 to the words of the book that define his faith?  

I see.

Do as I say, not do as I do.  Got it.

• Like 2

Guest sylensikeelyoo

You'll just waste energy coming to a website full of heathens and apostates and then make a bunch of assertions and biased claims with no substance to your argument, and when we ask for more information you blow us off and say you have no "energy" to deal with us? Smells like bullshit to me.
  • Like 1

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Oh, and FYI, Justus, it is not "slander" for me to scrutinize the teachings of your Bible, and point out all of the areas in which it logically falls apart. So let me educate you on "slander". The Bible says x,y, and z, and it doesn't add up because A,B, and C. This is not slander. This is: " Justus is a dumbfuck and End3 is a douche canoe." ....well, if I said it out loud, its "slander." I wrote it down, so its "libel"... But whatever.

• Like 1