Goodbye Jesus

Heimdall

Heimdall

Hero, I'm so lacking in history!

I really enjoyed the enlightenment from you, a follower of the great Red Panda!

Red Panda's are relatively small but their cuteness makes up for that. ;)

I also learn a lot from you, and I'm looking forward to havng more interaction on the boards. :grin:

And to Hero, yes, you're right maybe the technology wasn't what make Persi and Egypt strong, but they were more advanced in something, maybe organization and government. Something made them stronger. Egypt to stay as a state for such a long time, and Persi to conquer and become a superpower in it's time. Neither of them could claim it was because they were Christian though.

True. You won't hear me saying that christianity is what makes civilasations 'great'. Great is something very subjective though. We mostly see great as Nations having a huge impact on the world, in technology and military matters, but I sure wouldn't want to have lived in England in the 1800s as a normal man.

I'm merly saying that Christianity did do a lot for the western civilasations, and that 'bad' things like the crusades brought 'good' things too.

Christianity infuenced so much of westen thinking. It's hard to say wich parts were or were not 'beneficial'to our civilasation.

Egypt was fairly technologically advanced though. I'm not exactly educated in the area but I thought they were credited with some notable astrological and medical developments, as well as having mathmatical knowledge. There were also ofcourse advancements in mummification techniques. And then there is the architecture which is pretty damn amazing, and the buildings did evolve over time. The decorations became more elaborate, the designs of the pyramids changed, and eventaully they began to build the tombs underground. 3 thousand years is a long time and there is a whole lot about Egypt that is still being uncovered.

Very True. I was over generalising. But they didn't seem to change so much in 300 years as Europe did in 500 years.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Heimdall

• Amanda

• cathuria

Heimdall, do you think Buddha actually existed?

I know that's not his real name, however you know of whom I'm referring.

I am not an expert on Buddhism, heck I ain’t an expert on Christianity either, but everything I can find on Buddha and whether or not he ever existed is almost exactly like the “evidence” that Jesus existed. In other words, no contemporary mention of him, no contemporary records of his existence, no eyewitness accounts or any other material. All we have is a book of scriptures written after the fact and monuments and documentary mention centuries later. I would be as leery of Buddha as I am of Jesus of Nazareth. Maybe I am being nit-picking, but lack of evidence is a strong indicator of lack of existence, especially with prophets and gods! - Heimdall :yellow: