Goodbye Jesus

Different

Guest confused2501

Personally, I don't want everything to be the same, nor do I want everyone to be the same. I totally enjoy diversity. My love of seeing other cultures and studying the differences between them is one of the reasons I stayed in the military for a quarter of a century and why I have taken degrees in Chinese, History and most of one in Archaeology. Why would you think people want everyone to be the same, that would be soooo boring! - Heimdall :yellow:

I'm with Heimdall on this. Sounds like you've been hanging in the wrong crowds. Most people I know hate having everyone be the same. It's a distinct indicator to me that people aren't thinking for themselves.

Thirded.

Diversity is the spice of life.

Sameness is blindness without being blind, soundless without being deaf, and speechless without being mute. Sameness is sterile. Sameness is empty. Sameness is... lifeless.

I would sooner cut my own throat than live in a vast, empty sphere of sameness.

Which is why I would never tolerate a religious theocracy. Or "heaven", for that matter...

WHY DO WE WANT EVERYTHING ELSE TO BE DIFFERENT, BUT WANT ALL HUMANS TO BE THE SAME.

Where do you get the idea any of us want that?

Maybe he's refering to his Christian past, where "WHY DO WE WANT EVERYTHING ELSE TO BE DIFFERENT" could be translated "The sinful and evil society around us must be changed" and "BUT WANT ALL HUMANS TO BE THE SAME." could mean "All humans should be Christians"???? In other words, change is good only if it leads to everyone monotonously intoning "I accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior..."