Goodbye Jesus

Pic Speaks Eleventyzillion Words.

nivek

Well said, and I agree completely.

I wonder, though, if fear of violent retaliation isn't at work in silencing the second set of persons; and what sort of freedom of speech do citizens have if only the first set of persons feels free to speak without fear of being hacked to death in broad daylight like that filmmaker descendant of Van Gogh?

Very good point.

IMO, the news of the Danish embassy in Syria being put to the torch only serves to lend further credence to this observation.

Very good point.

So what should be done about it, Sonny-Wood? In a right-acting way, I mean. I turn to you for an answer because you are a future president.*

*I haven't forgotten!

Very good point.

So what should be done about it, Sonny-Wood? In a right-acting way, I mean. I turn to you for an answer because you are a future president.*

*I haven't forgotten!

Damn you mothers and your infinite memories! :lmao:

In keeping with my intentions to do my damndest to ensure I never attain so much as the slightest possibility of occupying any kind of political office, I answer with a completely honest and thoroughly (politically) condemning "I have no idea."

I love ya' Mom, but I'll set my stubborn will against your perfect memory and hope for humanity any day. The only way you or anyone else will ever get me into that office is kicking and screaming (and biting and clawing and punching and pinching and grabbing and pulling and...)

I answer with a completely honest and thoroughly (politically) condemning "I have no idea."

If you can manage to say those words with a goofy "What, Me Worry?" smile, that should just about guarantee you'll never have to do the kicking, screaming, etc. to stay out of office.

If, however, you tell really dumbass brutal swaggering lies with a goofy "What, Me Worry?" smile, you'll be there for two terms.

If you can manage to say those words with a goofy "What, Me Worry?" smile, that should just about guarantee you'll never have to do the kicking, screaming, etc. to stay out of office.

If, however, you tell really dumbass brutal swaggering lies with a goofy "What, Me Worry?" smile, you'll be there for two terms.

Two terms nothing. The way this country is going, they'd amend the constitution to keep me in office indefinitely. :banghead:

Hell, at least they're smiling as they spew.

god loveth a cheerful prophet of doom.

LMBO! :grin:

TaxesFreethinker can I quote you on that?

of course you can :grin:

It is now my IM name, complete with pic. LOL

I'm all for free speech, but what pisses me off here is the expectation from the muslim community that the west must keep their own law. Fuck them. They have a right to practice their own religion but they have zero rights to impose their beliefs on non believers. The same goes for other religions and even us secularists.

I think we have to do both. We must defend the right of a person to say things we find vile and offensive AND concurrenlty use our own freedom of speech rights to loudly and strongly condemn the person who says these vile and offensive things.

Well said, and I agree completely.

I wonder, though, if fear of violent retaliation isn't at work in silencing the second set of persons; and what sort of freedom of speech do citizens have if only the first set of persons feels free to speak without fear of being hacked to death in broad daylight like that filmmaker descendant of Van Gogh?

I for one do not want to live in a world where fear overrides the right to free speech and free thought. I think it's ridiculous that the west would buckle to these threats. It would be better if the Danes closed their embassies than to fire editors and recant their rights to their own opinions. I'm tired of idiot deists running around the world imposing their beliefs, sometimes through force, on everyone around them.

It's not photoshoppy. Here's a photo from another angle with army hat guy cut of by the left edge of the picture:

0,1658,5105357,00.jpg

Two terms nothing. The way this country is going, they'd amend the constitution to keep me in office indefinitely. :banghead:

I'm seriously concerned about this myself, Sonny-Wood; or about an even more well-planned theft of the election; or about their lassooing a weak titular Democrat into standing in as they continue their brutal doin's; or about some "Terrible Event" that will mean the suspension of elections.

If these Neo-cons in power don't wish to relinquish that power, I put nothing past them.

I put nothing past them.

I hope they wouldn't orchestrate some type of terrorist attack to keep America frightened near the next election, but I'm not so sure a few of them wouldn't even resort to that to keep the power that they crave so desparately. That uncertainty about their moral limits frightens me.

I hope they wouldn't orchestrate some type of terrorist attack to keep America frightened near the next election, but I'm not so sure a few of them wouldn't even resort to that to keep the power that they crave so desparately. That uncertainty about their moral limits frightens me.

If you are saying this, TF, as temperate and level-headed as you are, I feel much more mainstream in voicing my worries.

As I've looked back on the 9/11 attacks, I've gradually come to the conclusion that this administration couldn't have avoided connecting the dots -- at least to the extent that they became able to passively allow to happen what their intel was indicating might happen. Not that I think they were rubbing their hands in ghoulish glee, but that there was a tacit, predominantly unspoken understanding within the administration that an attack would clear the way for an invasion of Iraq which, last week's new Downing Street memo indicates, was their plan from before they took office.

Even if it was known that the twin towers were targets, nobody, not even Bin Laden, supposed that the towers would fall. So do I think that the neo-cons considered that the horror of a few floors of the towers being plowed into was worth the free pass to invade Iraq? Yes, I do. I hate to admit to such thinking, but I do think they let it happen.

I'm all for free speech, but what pisses me off here is the expectation from the muslim community that the west must keep their own law. Fuck them. They have a right to practice their own religion but they have zero rights to impose their beliefs on non believers. The same goes for other religions and even us secularists.

I for one do not want to live in a world where fear overrides the right to free speech and free thought. I think it's ridiculous that the west would buckle to these threats. It would be better if the Danes closed their embassies than to fire editors and recant their rights to their own opinions. I'm tired of idiot deists running around the world imposing their beliefs, sometimes through force, on everyone around them.

Beautifully, excellently said. Have you seen

http://maryamnamazie.blogspot.com/2006/02/...catures-of.html

Really good!

Eleven fucktard Arab ministers went to Denmark to demand that the paper be punished! The jes' needed to :die:

http://maryamnamazie.blogspot.com/2006/02/...catures-of.html

Really good!

Eleven fucktard Arab ministers went to Denmark to demand that the paper be punished! The jes' needed to :die:

Those were the characatures that all this fuss is about?

Again I say, fuck them. I'm not going to tuck my tail and run. The west has been nuetered.

More people get killed by traffic safety violations every week than terrorists are able to kill in a year and yet we are willing to give up our very freedoms to appease these idiots?