Goodbye Jesus

I'm So Sick Of The American Family Association

SBeeland

I was just listening to something on the news and learned that the AFA is bitching again about shows on NBC and want them all canceled. This just makes me so damn sick to my stomach. I swear to God (how ironic) that I won't rest until the virus that is christianity is wiped off the face of the earth. I refuse the evil jehovah and his message of hate.

I was just listening to something on the news and learned that the AFA is bitching again about shows on NBC and want them all canceled. This just makes me so damn sick to my stomach. I swear to God (how ironic) that I won't rest until the virus that is christianity is wiped off the face of the earth. I refuse the evil jehovah and his message of hate.

Ramen!

If they actually put their minds together and think of a GOOD cause to fight for (like kids starving, homeless, etc), they MAY be on to something.

If you really want to be a "light" to your family and set an example, try being kind and help people in need. Seems to be less and less of that these days.

And yet they all want their bullshit Christian programming on the air to bore the rest of us to death.

I know what you mean. I find it so annouying that many of those so-called "family" and "morality" groups scream about indecentcy, but turn their noses up on those who need their help the most (homless kids, the poor, etc.)

The lazy bastards are apparently incapable of changing the channel or even simply stop watching tv. :Doh:

If only their supporters could see their hypocracy, and their deceit, I think they would actually be apalled.

The lazy bastards are apparently incapable of changing the channel or even simply stop watching tv.

This has got to be my biggest beef w/america today. It's called personal responsibility people! You can't expect the government to jump in and mediate everything you may find "uncomfortable" or "offensive". Don't like gangsta rap? DON"T FUCKING BUY IT OR LET YOUR CHILDREN BUY IT IF YOU FEEL THAT STRONGLY! Don't like "desparate housewives"? DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT!

(this concludes my rant, we now return you to your regularly schedule forum...)

I don't know if anyone follows this "Universists Movement", but they'll be taking on The AFA soon via CNN . . . should be interesting to see.

OT

I don't know if anyone follows this "Universists Movement", but they'll be taking on The AFA soon via CNN . . . should be interesting to see.

OT

Isn't that supposed to be on Wednesday night? Gotta check that newsletter again..

You know, why do I need to have Christian programming in my house? Can't we have Buddhist programming? It's one of the fastest growing religions in the West.

Charter Digital, if you're gonna give me Christian dogma in my cable package, you gotta include everything else, too. I want Al-Jazeera, dammit. And if you're not gonna give me Vishnu-inspired programming, then you can take your billion-dollar TBN and shove it. I don't want it. I don't want them to sit up there and gloat about how they're the "biggest network in the world" and how they have the capacity to beam themselves in their spasms into my living room. Get lost.

Here's a nifty idea - if they wanna be on the air, they can only beam into the fundies and idiots who actually believe $250,000 donations to Pat Robberson will inspire Jesus to write them a fat check. No more of this "reach-the-world" bullshit. Give us religious variety/nonexistence on the airwaves or give me my contract, so I can rip it to shreds.

The lazy bastards are apparently incapable of changing the channel or even simply stop watching tv.

This has got to be my biggest beef w/america today. It's called personal responsibility people! You can't expect the government to jump in and mediate everything you may find "uncomfortable" or "offensive". Don't like gangsta rap? DON"T FUCKING BUY IT OR LET YOUR CHILDREN BUY IT IF YOU FEEL THAT STRONGLY! Don't like "desparate housewives"? DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT!

(this concludes my rant, we now return you to your regularly schedule forum...)

I understand where you and TW are coming from, but really this is all

about mind control. The fundies want to brainwash us, 24/7, by

effectively denying the existence of any alternate viewpoints.

(You can't choose other viewpoints if you don't know that they exist.)

If they actually put their minds together and think of a GOOD cause to fight for (like kids starving, homeless, etc), they MAY be on to something.

No no no no no! No more organizations like the "Christian Children's Fund" trying to guilt me into sending them money by showing me pictures of the poor little starving kids living in a rubbish heap in less fortunate countries while I sit down to my nourishing dinner! THEN they take the money you send and give a DIME on the dollar to those kids and stuff their pockets with the rest!

NO MORE! :nono: