Goodbye Jesus

You Will Tithe Motherfucker!

Fweethawt

"but my God shall provide all my needs according to his riches in glory. "

Ironically true it would seem.

• Like 1

Do you know the Commandments?

Yes.

So did the rich young ruler, or so he thought.    

Would I be mistaken in saying you will reiterate what is written in those passages as the Ten Commandments?

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing:

Yes.

Would I be mistaken in saying you will reiterate what is written in those passages as the Ten Commandments?

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing:

It's easy to make the "rich young ruler" ignorant when he is the fictional character in a story.

Yes.

Yes, you would be mistaken Justus.

That's because I know the contents and wording of the commandments but dismiss them as the writings of men, not god.

Does Ironhorse accept them as the words of his god?

Only he can answer that.

It's easy to make the "rich young ruler" ignorant when he is the fictional character in a story.

The 'rich young ruler' could have been Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus who later became emperor of Rome in 37 A.D.  

Philo's Embassy to Gaius, offers little evidence of outright insanity, despite the antagonism of the author, whom Gaius treated with the utmost disrespect. Rather, he comes across as aloof, arrogant, egotistical, and cuttingly witty -- but not insane. The best explanation both for Gaius's behavior and the subsequent hostility of the sources is that he was an inexperienced young man thrust into a position of unlimited power, the true nature of which had been carefully disguised by its founder, Augustus. Gaius, however, saw through the disguise and began to act accordingly. 

SOURCE  [http://www.roman-emperors.org/gaius.htm ]

And one of the funniest scriptures is the interaction between Jesus and this 'young rich ruler',  or at least the way I interpret the scriptures.

Having just heard him teach, the young person came running after Jesus who gone forth into the way, and knelt down before Jesus asking him "Good Master, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"   And according to my interpretation of the passages, Jesus responds to the young person, "Why doest thou callest me good, there is none good but one, and that is God."

And upon Jesus answer "if thou will enter into life keep the commandments" without missing a beat the young person responds "Master, I have from my youth. "  Personally I found that funny.  But none the less it must have made an impression on Jesus since it is written, "Then Jesus beholding him loved him."  But the young man didn't listen so he did not hear the answer to his question and thus Jesus said unto him, "One thing thou lackest:"

The 'rich young ruler' could have been Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus who later became emperor of Rome in 37 A.D.  

Philo's Embassy to Gaius, offers little evidence of outright insanity, despite the antagonism of the author, whom Gaius treated with the utmost disrespect. Rather, he comes across as aloof, arrogant, egotistical, and cuttingly witty -- but not insane. The best explanation both for Gaius's behavior and the subsequent hostility of the sources is that he was an inexperienced young man thrust into a position of unlimited power, the true nature of which had been carefully disguised by its founder, Augustus. Gaius, however, saw through the disguise and began to act accordingly. 

And one of the funniest scriptures is the interaction between Jesus and this 'young rich ruler',  or at least the way I interpret the scriptures.

Having just heard him teach, the young person came running after Jesus who gone forth into the way, and knelt down before Jesus asking him "Good Master, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"   And according to my interpretation of the passages, Jesus responds to the young person, "Why doest thou callest me good, there is none good but one, and that is God."

And upon Jesus answer "if thou will enter into life keep the commandments" without missing a beat the young person responds "Master, I have from my youth. "  Personally I found that funny.  But none the less it must have made an impression on Jesus since it is written, "Then Jesus beholding him loved him."  But the young man didn't listen so he did not hear the answer to his question and thus Jesus said unto him, "One thing thou lackest:"

You've just ****ed up, Justus!

I did not write that the rich young ruler was a fictional character.  MyMistake did.

Sloppy work!  PageofCupsNono.gif

I did not write that the rich young ruler was a fictional character.  MyMistake did.

Since I presented the question to you, since you didn't object to MyMistake answering for you then it would be considered  by some as an act  of "qui tacet consentire videtur," Me myself, I tend to concur with the principle of John 7:51 "Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?"

So for clarification, are you stating that the rich young ruler in the passages cited previously were based upon a true and historical figure and event ?

Or are you stating that you concur with the statement  made by MYMISTAKE that the rich young ruler was a fictional character?

Since I presented the question to you, since you didn't object to MyMistake answering for you then it would be considered "qui tacet consentire videtur,"

Nope!  

You didn't present the question to me.  The quotation box has my name on it but you were quoting MyMistake's words.  That's a misquotation on your part. 

Which is sloppy work!  PageofCupsNono.gif

So for clarification, are you stating that the rich young ruler in the passages cited previously were based upon a true and historical figure and event ?

Ask MyMistake, he wrote that.

Or are you stating that you concur with the statement  made by MYMISTAKE that the rich young ruler was a fictional character?

Ask him, not me.

Withdrawn

As I understand it Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus never even visited Palestine.

Exactly, you don't know.  Thank you!

Now maybe that you have taken that first step by admitting you don't know that you don't know, and should now know you don't know,

then you can now take that next step and begin to learn that you which didn't know.  And before you know it, you will know that you know.

Withdrawn

"but my God shall provide all my needs according to his riches in glory. "

Ironically true it would seem.

I'm pretty sure I saw what you did there!

????

The 'rich young ruler' could also have been Buzz Lightyear, caught in a time warp and at that time using his advanced knowledge of future sports scores to gamble and that's how he became rich. The 'rich young ruler' could have also been Donald Trump's great distant ancestor, or any other strawman. Maybe the strawman from the Wizard of Oz?  

• Like 1

As I understand it Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus never even visited Palestine.

Exactly, you don't know.  Thank you!

Now maybe that you have taken that first step by admitting you don't know that you don't know, and should now know you don't know,

then you can now take that next step and begin to learn that you which didn't know.  And before you know it, you will know that you know.

You don't have to be an ass.  If he went to Palestine just say what year.

Nor did you have to call me a moron.  How would I know, I am still at the know I don't know step.  

The 'rich young ruler' could also have been Buzz Lightyear, caught in a time warp and at that time using his advanced knowledge of future sports scores to gamble and that's how he became rich. The 'rich young ruler' could have also been Donald Trump's great distant ancestor, or any other strawman. Maybe the strawman from the Wizard of Oz?  

Could have been Sam Cooke too 

Could have been Sam Cooke too 

So what's your point? Sometimes I'm dense. Ask anybody here.  You don't really believe the Christian stuff anymore, do you. ?

Just asked a question in Post # 50

So what's your point?

You don't really believe the Christian stuff anymore, do you. ?

Do I believe that the Spirit will raise up men [male and female] and put his Words in their mouth, yeah I still believe some people tell the truth and that others believe that they are telling the truth.  

Do I believe that the Spirit will raise up men [male and female] and put his Words in their mouth, yeah I still believe some people tell the truth and that others believe that they are telling the truth.  

Yeah well you see that is the reason so many people around here are annoyed with you.  You are

bringing cheeseburgers to the vegan meeting.

Edit:

Wait a second . . . are you an ex-Christian?  Maybe I have been wrong about you.  Do you deny the divinity

of Christ?  Do you deny that Jesus saves?  Perhaps your beliefs have changed and I wasn't paying

attention.

Yeah well you see that is the reason so many people around here are annoyed with you.  You are

bringing cheeseburgers to the vegan meeting.

Edit:

Wait a second . . . are you an ex-Christian?  Maybe I have been wrong about you.  Do you deny the divinity

of Christ?  Do you deny that Jesus saves?  Perhaps your beliefs have changed and I wasn't paying

attention.

Justus isn't a Christian. That was established in another thread a while back if I'm not mistaken. I wonder though, which Holy Spirit is his God (and I think I asked him that), because it sure sounds a lot like the Christian one.

Where you been? 

pay to pray? it's  very common nowadays

i've got all of heaven's ritches thanks to you all stupid bitches :lol:

i've got all of heaven's ritches thanks to you all stupid bitches :lol:

That was good...

Well in that case, Justus I apologize for giving you such a hard time. 

Well in that case, Justus I apologize for giving you such a hard time. 

Now we have to ask, where does Justus get his Holy Spirit from?