Goodbye Jesus

Revelation 9:16 Question

Lautermilich

Being an ex-Fundy, I was into the end days type material. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on Revelation 9:16 - And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

The common thought is that is refers to the army that China has and it is interesting that China can produce an army of 200 million.

My apologies for being flippant... but I honestly do think that the only thing we can reliably learn from the whole of Revelations is that hallucinogenic drugs were available back then.

My apologies for being flippant... but I honestly do think that the only thing we can reliably learn from the whole of Revelations is that hallucinogenic drugs were available back then.

The verse is interesting since at the time is was written the earth only had 5-6 milllion people on it. To write of an army of 200 million was laughed at but now it is possible. I was looking for any explantions in the same manner that I have found with articles from www.losingmyreligion.com

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Or that mental illness knows no century.

The verse is interesting since at the time is was written the earth only had 5-6 milllion people on it. To write of an army of 200 million was laughed at but now it is possible.

Perhaps, but would China produce an army of 200 million horsemen loosed by four angels bound in the Euphrates river!? Obviously not. This passage speaks to something relevant 2000 years ago rather than today or even 2000 years from now. What the hell was it talking about then?

To understand Revelation, you have to understand the solar mythology on which it is based. The 4 angels are the 4 seasons of the year which are synonymous with the 4 living things/faces of Revelation.

A thousand thousand simply refers to an unimaginably large number. The number 2 is significant.

In ancient theology, 1 represented the sun, and 2 represented the moon. The moon was also associated with "sin"/evil in Judaism, and subsequently "Satan" in Christianity. From this, IMHO, 2 million simply represents a vast army of stars in the heavens "aligned" with satan/the moon. This originates from a time when Satan was viewed as the adversary of man, (but still a servant of god).

Note that this is a spiritual army of horesemen (never mind the Hal Lindsey wannabees). They have the power to hurt men for 5 months (Rev 9:10) during the time when the moon dominates (the months between the fall harvest and the start of spring). From this, we could even calculate the latitude of the writer of Revelation as (not so coincidently) being the Northern Mediterranean!

Perhaps, but would China produce an army of 200 million horsemen loosed by four angels bound in the Euphrates river!? Obviously not. This passage speaks to something relevant 2000 years ago rather than today or even 2000 years from now. What the hell was it talking about then?

Indeed. China doesn't even use horsemen, which the passage clearly states. Also, the visionary would've had to have seen them riding on horses to have written 'horsemen'. Soldiers on big metal things that clearly are not horses could not possibly described as such.

Besides, if it was an actual prophecy about things that would really happen, China would've been indentified by name and its military described more accurately, don't you think? At least the actual time since the death of Jesus would've been prophesied also, no? Anyone can pull a number and a direction on the map out of his ass, but actually nailing specific details is quite another thing.

"I am seeing a vision! Glorah! An armah of 300 million will rise up in the east and defy the Lard! It's a sign of the end times! Glorah and repent!"

Eventually, China will have the ability to raise an army of 300 million. Does that make me a prophet? Now, if I told you what the army was using or at least identified the nation the army comes from, then maybe I'd be a prophet. But I just pulled a bunch of numbers and words out of my ass. I suppose if I were exiled on an island for my retarded religious views, I'd be so bored I'd make something like this up, too :shrug: