Goodbye Jesus

My wife is making me go to church.

been borg again

yea like the other day, my wife told me about that sad story of the father stabbing those two girls  200 times..

' she said, " I cant imagine somebody would do that to their own child!".

the first thing that came out of my mouth was a sarcastic commen,t

" YEA no kidding, been there done that!"

My wife didnt speak to me for an hour.

Of course a news event like that makes me sick and grosses me out.

Today my wife calls up from work wanting to know

the name of that  Comedy movie with Andy Dick called " the Jewish Hammer"

She asked me if I could rememebr the title of the movie, something with the word " jewish" in it?

I said " Wasnt the title "Hitler Was The Jewish Messiah"?

she hung up on me.

Of course Im not anti jewish. its just my sense of humour to laugh about ugly things

:lmao::lmao:

Yo Guy - U Funny!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been borg again

• white_raven23

• Lilith

• Amethyst

Yea I guess we will keep on going till they kick us out.

My wife is getting offically confirmed Luthern. of course the pastor wants us over for dinner.

I dont know what to do, what would you do?

If I was just myself  and  said what was on my mind, my sarcasm would  get me in trouble. My wife who is super liberal  bisexual christian, even she tends to get pissed off when I open my mouth and commit blasphemy in a sarcastic way. sometimes she laughs but then feels dirty afterwards.  For some reason I like to make jokes about the most taboo, ugliest things, nobody gets my humour.

you just joined this place I see?,check out the link to the buttload of articals

I was "born and raised" as a Lutheran. I never caught on to the "anti-Jewish" message, but then again, I changed churches (read: became born again) at the age of 15. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I remember the Lutheran church being just a nice place to go on Sundays. The ritual of the services were comforting, and sometimes I miss that. I am not sure if it's still like that today, as my daughter went to a friend's (Lutheran) church on occasion, and would come home and ask me some really outlandish questions. Once she asked me why woman were not allowed to teach men. I know that is the belief of many churches, but never saw that in the Lutheran ones. There were many other things being taught at this particular Lutheran church that really bothered me because it struck me as more of a fundy church than the Lutheran one I grew up with.

What would I do? I suppose if I had agreed to go to church with my spouse, I would be completely honest with the pastor and tell him that I am a deconverted Christian. I would treat him with respect and expect the same from him.

Good news,

I convinced my wife to compromise and we will be attending a Unitarian church for a while. I think she will like it since she is more universalist then fundy ( but she denies it and gets mad if I tell her she is universalist, cuz " universalist" is a dirty word to her)

I am thrilled to death, because from what I understand many spiritualy minded agnostics, humanists and even atheists attend unitarian churches.

Maybe all hope is not lost LOL

Guest Gypsy

hi bba,

i am hoping the best for you and your wife.

that you deeply care for each other is obvious.

is she giving up her desire to convert to lutheranism

or postponing it?

i know of alot of people who go to the universalist churches

around here. the minister at the

one closest to me is an atheist female.

it sounds to me like you attempting to make it work by

attending the lutheran church would be a betrayal of yourself.

.... one option, if you decide to go back, would be to sleep

through the service. seems like alot of men did that now that

i think about it (my h included). it might save you from early

blood pressure problems.

:) gypsy

Good news,

I convinced my wife to compromise and we will be attending a Unitarian church for a while. I think she will like it since she is more universalist then fundy ( but she denies it  and gets mad if I tell her she is universalist, cuz " universalist" is a dirty word to her)

I am thrilled to death, because from what I understand many spiritualy minded agnostics, humanists and even atheists attend unitarian churches.

Maybe all hope is not lost LOL

That is fabulous. Yes, many atheists attend UU churches. I would love to be able to talk my husband into such a compromise. Right now our "compromise" is not attending anywhere, which really bothers him, I know. Congratulations....that is wonderful news.

You guys have expereince being vocal about non beleif in church?

Was it positive or negative? 

One word: "INTERVENTION"

Brrrr!

Still gives me chills. And it can go pretty damn far too. Including really creepy behavior like STALKING.

white_raven23?

:ugh: As I was starting to read this Thread. This one caught my curiousity and was hoping I would understand it. But I can't. What does this mean?

"One word: "INTERVENTION" ... "?

"Brrr! (I know this is an emotional disliking of something. But I'm still trying to figure it out?)"

"Still gives me chills. And it can go pretty damn far too. Including really creepy behavior like STALKING."?

That is fabulous. Yes, many atheists attend UU churches.

Really? I wonder if it would be a good place to meet fellow agnostic/atheist types then. Everywhere I look, I am surrounded by Christians, especially fundy types.

• 4 months later...

too late... 3 months ago my wife went crazy and ran off with boyfriend/s for no justifiable reason she just quit our relationship afetr 15 years together... trust me we didnt really have any huge issues, I mean we got along great... she started having affairs with her coworkering salesmen... damn salesmen!

And she calls herself a christian?!?! fuck christians, her beleifs never stopped her from leaving the house overnight and coming back to announce to me she had a one night stand with a stranger.

Even as an evil atheist, I would NEVER subject a loved one to that type of pain,

she went frucking crazy on me and abandoned me and our daughter.

my daughter cries for her at night, while she is out fucking some lucky guy at the bar. telling her new bastard friends she is having the time of her life.

i thought I knew here since we had been together 15 years, she acted like we were best friends, but finally gave in to the ever present ego tripping of knowing she can effortlessly get any good looking guy she wants without effort... fuck christians, fuck ungrounded selfish airheaded goldigging hot looking women, fuck virgin highschool marriage, fuck love and commitment ... now I feel better LOL.

That is fabulous.  Yes, many atheists attend UU churches.  I would love to be able to talk my husband into such a compromise.  Right now our "compromise" is not attending anywhere, which really bothers him, I know.  Congratulations....that is wonderful news.

Sounds exactly like my situation. I would love to get my husband to attend a UUC, but even as an ex-christian, he is convinced they "stand for nothing" and "believe in nothing or whatever feels good."

Sigh. Oh well.

too late... 3 months ago my wife went  crazy and ran off with  boyfriend/s for no justifiable reason she just quit our relationship afetr 15 years together... trust me we didnt really have any huge issues, I mean we got along great... she started having affairs with her coworkering salesmen... damn salesmen!

And she calls herself a christian?!?! fuck christians,  her beleifs never stopped her from leaving the house overnight and coming back to announce to me she had a one night stand with a stranger.

Even as an evil atheist, I would NEVER subject a loved one to that type of pain,

she went frucking crazy on me and abandoned me and our daughter.

my daughter cries for her at night, while she is out fucking some lucky guy at the bar. telling her new bastard friends she is having the time of her life.

i thought I knew here since we had been together 15 years, she acted like we were best friends, but finally gave in to the ever present ego tripping of knowing she can effortlessly get any good looking guy she wants without effort... fuck christians, fuck ungrounded selfish  airheaded  goldigging  hot looking women, fuck  virgin  highschool marriage, fuck love and commitment ... now I feel better LOL.

OMG Wow. *hugs*

There are a couple I know of on this board who have been in the same situation. Hopefully they will see this and you can talk.

I can't believe she left not only you, but her daughter as well.

What a bitch! She sounds like a very conflicted and confused person looking for somewhere to belong... bisexual, cheating on her husband, wanting to be a Lutheran one day and Unitarian the next... you'll be better off without her unless she grows up.

:vent: