Goodbye Jesus

Losing Faith

ricky18

My name is Ricky. I live in Africa. I got saved when I was in grade 9.I loved Jesus very much. In prayed everday, read Bible. It was revealed to me that I was to preach God message with the anointing of His Holy Spirit one day. I experienced His anointing and presence at early stages of my Christian Life.

Backslid at a time because I thought I had committed the all very famous Pitfall in Christian life “Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost”. That really set me back. I began to Seek God again, experienced that beautiful anointing once again. Three days of praying in tongues then the fourth day the first thought of doubt came in. All sort of doubts came into my mind. Contradictions in the Bible.

There were a lot of things I didn’t understand and I asked God to please give me faith even if I don’t understand. Many nights and hours I spent crying for God to deliver me in prayer but to this day I couldn’t endure. This went on for two years, now I don’t have the strength or the will to try and fail again. I guess some people are made for Heaven and some not.

Just want to know if anyone can relate to that. How does one cope in life being afraid of what’s waiting for on the other side, not being able to pray to God when your need someone. A lot of people don’t believe in Jesus and the Gospel. My faith is gone with a wind. But through it all I’ve got to admit that the message is so powerful and real. There is power in the name of Jesus.

How does one cope in life being afraid of what’s waiting for on the other side

Easy, there is no other side.

not being able to pray to God when your need someone.

Easy, become independant.

There is power in the name of Jesus.

Only if you believe it so.

Welcome, Ricky.

You'll get lots of good input here; read and ponder and take your time sorting through all your losses. There's much to gain.

Welcome Ricky,

We have been where you are and have seen our way out. The more you learn the better it gets.

Feel free to ask any quetions you have.

Taph

Welcome Ricky

You are further along the road than your emotions is telling you right now. It's very natural to feel/think what you are at the moment. Stick around!

:-)

Ricky, I can relate to everything you said. I was "born again" at 7, spoke in tongues at 12, was backsliding at times and had certain doubts, but renewed my "faith" over and over again. Some times prayed for days too, or fasted, and many other things. After 30 years I lost my faith too.

It sounds from your questions that you lost your faith very recent, because by time you're not going to be so worried about what's on the "other side". Actually I think less about it now than when I was Christian. I too thought I had blasphemed the Holy Spook, and sometimes I doubted that I was going to Heaven because I had missed some essential dogma in the religion. But now... no worries... greater peace now than ever.

Welcome,

Hans

Just want to know if anyone can relate to that. How does one cope in life being afraid of what’s waiting for on the other side, not being able to pray to God when your need someone. A lot of people don’t believe in Jesus and the Gospel. My faith is gone with a wind. But through it all I’ve got to admit that the message is so powerful and real. There is power in the name of Jesus.

My heart goes out to you Ricky. The moment of realization is the edge of the big unknown! "How do I relate to the world now?" "Everything I've used in the past has no meaning now." These are those sorts of thoughts and fears that come with the big realization you have come to.

There is meaning out there, and you will find it. What you will find is the strength in yourself, and you will find freedom and confidence and knowledge of who you are in the world that will surpass anything you ever could have imagined you would feel. Bright days are ahead of you! There are plenty of us available to you to come to as a friend.

Best wishes,

Antlerman

Welcome Ricky!

You're asking all the right questions. I'm figuring my way out too. What I'm finding is that I need to resture the thought process around my old beliefs. I've been taking my self out of the heaven/hell or life after death question and looking at why I have to know at all. What if I changed the question all together? Instead of placing the importance on what happens to me after I die, I'm thinking more about the importance of being here in my life.

I can't answer any of the questions I've written, but I have found a lot of support, food for thought, and warm voices here at the sight. So, again, welcome!

S

Welcome to the forums, Ricky. Look around, lots of good information here.

Everyone in these forums has been where you are. We know how you feel because we have felt that way, too. Me, I'm occasionally still deal with thoughts of, "Is this all there is?" I can't tell you what to do about that other than to think about what you really believe. This can be scary but worth it.

The people who you will meet in these forums range from atheists to Diests to pagans to agnostics, as well as some Christians, too. We are a support group for someone just like you.

So, ask questions and read new and old discussions. We're here for you! :wave:

Hi Ricky :wave:

Welcome to ExC!

Things will be OK.

Take your time, poke around the threads here, relax and just enjoy life.

There's a lot of good reading in the Archives , you might like to spend some time there too.

Feel free to ask any question, or voice any concern, most of us have been where you are.

We'll be here for you.

Dan

Hi there,

Like all the others, I have been there and done that.

My christian experience was very real too. But the pain it caused was all too real as well. Like the fear of hell, the fear of being wrong. Particularly the fear of being wrong.

I remember the time I noticed that I could not believe anymore. I thought, "oh no I have committed eve's sin. I ate of the forbidden fruit and now I can't go back to the garden."

I decided to live for while like if there was no god, to experiement. I wanted to find out what would happen if I didn't think of god, or prayed, or went to church, or read the bible.

The fear and the anxieties went away. I became a far less self-righteous person. I became more happy and successful. I thought I was doomed, since god wasn't going to help me anymore. But I am more successful now that I feel free to think for myself. You know, to use the brain I was given.

When I stopped troubling myself with "finding out god's will" for this and that, I started to think on my two feet and things started to go better.

Believe me, even if god does exist, he wants you to be independent, happy, thoughtful, and positive.

If you still need to believe in god, believe that he wants what's best for you. And being away from chritianity is what's best for you right now.

Who knows, maybe it was god himself who spoke to you and led to distrust chritianity. If god does exist, and he is "love" as they say, then he wants the best for you. And that's away from christianity, not in it.

Good luck,

Lorena

Thanks guys for your replies.Its good to know I'm not the only one out there.

Welcome Ricky,

ExC for me has become a place where i can sit back, relax some, read a lot, participate with people who have become friends and fellow travellers in world otherwise made up of religious zealots.

Most of we have been "bright shining lights for god and jezus!", and in turn burned out when the expectations and demands on our minds and bodies grew heavy.

When one finally figures out that the well intended slave masters of religion want your time/money/particpation/attention in total, and that in return you *may*, *might*, get a shot at some future *glory*.

In the Real.World a Ponzi Scheme is just another scam.. Welcome to "Getting Off The Train Ride of Religion".

You will find the spectrum of life, ages and experience here at ExC. There is not a single type or person that is an *exact*. Someone here will have a hellova lot in common with you, or will be a diametric opposite. Either way, the views and opinions here will help you find more about what and where you are at.

Welcome to Freedom amigo.

kevinL