Goodbye Jesus

Girl Destroys Atheism In One Minute - Yeah, Right...

Avandris

So this just appeared on my Facebook feed with the comment 'Boom! Take that atheists!". Watched it once, laughed. Watched it again and shook my head. Briefly considered commenting, decided it just wasn't worth it.

Goodbye Jesus

Well yeah.  Tooth decay couldn't exist unless there is a God.

So god is just sitting back in his office waiting for everyone to come to him just like my dentist does?

Makes sense.  I'll try it.

Hey God, I've got a number of problems that I'd like to discuss, please help me.  What?  I have to make an appointment?  Okay, well, I need something soon, tomorrow?  No?  Next month?  Really?  Okay.  I guess that will have to work.  What do you mean that will be 30,000 human years from now?  Because one of your days is like 1,000 years?  That's crap.  I told you I needed help now.  Hello?  Hello???

mwc

• Like 1

Atheist biology and philosophy professors get shot down by Christian freshmen before hundreds in lecture halls. This poor slob of a dentist is lucky to get away with only the camera crew seeing his epic failure.

I like the smirk on the girl's face when she gets to,"Same way with God."

Dentists exist because you can physically 'see' Dentists. You don't let an invisable 'spirit' work on your teeth!! Dumb argument. Lol

Besides, god should have given us perfect teeth that would last until we die and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to keep our teeth in good shape. Wendyshrug.gif

That is obviously a produced video with actors and a script. As has already been pointed out, the premise is just plain stupid.

What's really disturbing, though, is the last half of the video. There appears to be a serious public service announcement about measures to take to prevent your infant from dying from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Right when this advice appears to be about to come, a clip from the preceding Dentist video comes on telling the viewer to Just ask him, meaning just ask God to prevent your child from dying of SIDS. Sheesh!!

That's horrible in so many ways.

Most likely none of that conversation would have transpired in real life.

Yet another chat about God by someone other than God.

Guest Furball

Yes, thank you god for that dentist paying for college himself as well as taking himself through countless hours of training to fix my teeth. I agree with her, god should get ALL the credit for that dentist doing all the work himself. (sarcasm turned off)

p.s. she didn't prove anything

*barf* As if people haven't always prayed about war, poverty, catastrophe, everything that goes wrong in this world...

That is obviously a produced video with actors and a script. As has already been pointed out, the premise is just plain stupid.

What's really disturbing, though, is the last half of the video. There appears to be a serious public service announcement about measures to take to prevent your infant from dying from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Right when this advice appears to be about to come, a clip from the preceding Dentist video comes on telling the viewer to Just ask him, meaning just ask God to prevent your child from dying of SIDS. Sheesh!!

The graveyards are full of people who prayed to God to let them survive this latest crisis and God's only answer was nothing.

Yeah. We can ask all we want. God just somehow says no a whole damn lot, and the apparent yeses are no different from normal successes and coincidences. Funny how that works.

It seems to me that the problem of evil is only really a problem if one holds that God is benevolent. Therefore, I am always confused when it is put forth as an argument for atheism. It may be used to combat certain individual religions to be sure, but I'm not sure that it can be used to combat the very notion of a God.

Having said that, responses such as the one the girl makes in the video are laughably weak, and do not take the issue seriously at all.

Guest Furball

As a christian, i was always taught that because we were sinners, we forfeited our right to have god answer our prayers. Therefore god is not obligated to answer our prayers for help at all. Whatever, now that i am an atheist asshole i now know god never answers prayers because he doesn't exist. 

It seems to me that the problem of evil is only really a problem if one holds that God is benevolent. Therefore, I am always confused when it is put forth as an argument for atheism. It may be used to combat certain individual religions to be sure, but I'm not sure that it can be used to combat the very notion of a God.

Having said that, responses such as the one the girl makes in the video are laughably weak, and do not take the issue seriously at all.

Correct on all counts.  The Problem of Evil only disproves the Christian God, the multi omni God Christians champion.  Cthulhu could still be out there lurking.   :)