Goodbye Jesus

What's With The Anti-catholicism?

The Sage Nabooru

Ah, I see your point now. Thanks.

I don't think the names showed up in the quotes, but I could have just read it too quickly.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic, but (and this is probably old news):

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c017.html

OMG No wonder - here is living proof the Pope is the AntiChrist! He SUPPORTS EVOLUTION. Why, if they stay in the no. 1 place for Christianity, then by 2010 most Christians will believe in evolution! Save us Jeebus!

I always admired that they at least gave ONE woman in that church some type of power and respect.

That was another thing I always admired about the church, too. They had female saints, as well.

If you ever see a Lutheran church, they're often named after saints, such as one of the Twelve Apostles, etc. It's common in Lutheranism to refer to many early church figures as saints. But there's never a female saint. Why? Because Martin Luther struck all female saints off the board. Not even females in the Bible, that were mentioned as friends and followers of Jesus, such as Mary Magdelene and Mary Martha, could be saints. They just weren't holy enough. They couldn't be.

When I was an acolyte in Lutheran church, I was forbidden from carrying the cross or standing in front of processions; only boys could do that. I guess Luther thought the Catholic church was being too lenient with its treatment of the sinful sex.