Goodbye Jesus

God Let My Dog Run Away To Show How Much He Cares.

Jds22

I was having dinner last night at the fundy in-laws when they started to reminisce about a dog they used to have. It was a really intelligent  border collie and an all around great dog. The entire family was very attached.

One day a few years ago my wife got a call saying that the dog was missing. It somehow got out of the backyard. For the next few weeks my wife and I along with others in her family would drive around looking to no avail. The family was understandably crushed.

During the conversation last night someone at the table mentioned having to put their dog down due to age and how hard it was.

It was then that my FIL spoke up saying that he "knows" god allowed their dog to run away so that he would not have to deal with eventually putting it to sleep. God knew it would be too hard on him and this is how he shows his compassion. I could hear others around the table agreeing and see some of them nodding too. 

Un-freakin-real. I was stunned. I've heard a lot of stupid shit from fundies over the years but this one is close to the top of the list.

• Like 1

Why didn't God just make your dog immortal?  I mean if God could do anything . . . 

What a load of hogwash!

• Like 2

I was having dinner last night at the fundy in-laws when they started to reminisce about a dog they used to have. It was a really intelligent  border collie and an all around great dog. The entire family was very attached.

One day a few years ago my wife got a call saying that the dog was missing. It somehow got out of the backyard. For the next few weeks my wife and I along with others in her family would drive around looking to no avail. The family was understandably crushed.

During the conversation last night someone at the table mentioned having to put their dog down due to age and how hard it was.

It was then that my FIL spoke up saying that he "knows" god allowed their dog to run away so that he would not have to deal with eventually putting it to sleep. God knew it would be too hard on him and this is how he shows his compassion. I could hear others around the table agreeing and see some of them nodding too. 

Un-freakin-real. I was stunned. I've heard a lot of stupid shit from fundies over the years but this one is close to the top of the list.

God told me that your FIL was a bad steward of his pets. :)

Almost triggered my gag reflex

• Like 1

Wow.  Personally, I'd rather have the dog and love it into its old age, and then put it humanely to sleep while being with it.  As opposed to the dog running away and I would have no idea of its fate, like was it hit by a car and lay with a broken leg for a few days before starving?

But how nice of god to save a pet owner some emotional distress by rapturing the dog.  Now how about feeding those starving children and refugees, god?

The illogical logic of fundies baffles the human mind doesn't it? 

I would expect a reasoning like this from someone who is not in touch with reality. 

Wow.  Personally, I'd rather have the dog and love it into its old age, and then put it humanely to sleep while being with it.  As opposed to the dog running away and I would have no idea of its fate, like was it hit by a car and lay with a broken leg for a few days before starving?

But how nice of god to save a pet owner some emotional distress by rapturing the dog.  Now how about feeding those starving children and refugees, god?

Presumably he's showing how much he loves and cares for the largely moslem refugees drowning on their way to Europe - after all, if he can kill those kids before they reach an age and understanding to be responsible for their sins, then - according to at least some Christians - they get to heaven by default.

The reasoning is pretty similar to the dog.

And as to the adult refugees - well, they're just the example of how Islam is subject to judgement, and their suffering is a caring way of convincing others of the error of their ways.

I suppose...

I'm now going to go and lie down in a darkened room for a while

One recent event keeps popping into my head whenever I hear something like this.

Remember a few years ago in Ohio when those 3 girls escaped after being kidnapped and raped for 10yrs?

God could have so easily prevented this tragedy from ever happening yet chose to do nothing.

However he is willing to help my FIL avoid being sad for a day or two.

Still shaking my head over this.

• Like 1

Settle down, atheists. God will help with missing girls and missing dogs when he can. 

Right now he's helping me find my car keys, OK?  blink.png

Settle down, atheists. God will help with missing girls and missing dogs when he can. 

Right now he's helping me find my car keys, OK?  blink.png

If he was worth anything, he'd be helping my Redskins. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

You know, I've been away from these boards for a while but I just happened to stop by because of something that's been on my mind lately ...

(And, if you don't want it on yours, you might not want to read this. Fair warning.)

I was at my uncle's house yesterday and we were talking about seeing more coyotes in the area. He brought up a recent story of a small dog that was dragged off into the bushes and eaten by a coyote somewhere in the neighborhood. People in the houses nearby could hear a horrible scream and could tell the dog was being tormented. Coyotes don't kill their prey before they start eating it if it can't defend itself, so he probably just went right for the stomach and ate the poor thing alive. Not begrudging my uncle at all but I really wish he hadn't put that image in my head and I've been working hard not to think of that happening to our own dog, or the owners possibly having small children, or what it was like for someone to have to go over and see the corpse afterward.

Ask your father in law if he knows what God was sparing that family from.

God could have so easily prevented this tragedy from ever happening yet chose to do nothing.

When I was a christian, the reason for this was that because we are all sinners, we have forfeited our right to god's help. With which i countered, but doesn't the bible say god is a god of love and that he is rich in mercy to all who call upon him???

How many times do you think those poor 3 girls called upon god to help them during those 10 years? 

The fact that christians claim god has a plan for a person and is intimately involved in every human life, and then you hear about horrible tragedies like this makes you wonder how these pastors keep a straight face with these bold faced lies.

There Is No God

That's pretty hard to do for a god that only exists in the imaginations of certain humans' brains.

Biblegod has no idea what actually makes humans happy.

"I'll force them to do nothing but worship me for the rest of eternity! That'll make them happy!"

"I bet humans would love to spend their short lives searching for me while I remain invisible and silent. They will be so grateful to have a one-way relationship with me."

"I know! I will make their beloved dog disappear forever so they never have to deal with it dying. I'm so considerate."

He is the lamest dad ever.

Wow, I agree with every reply.

That doesn't happen on any other boards I frequent.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I stayed with, and petted my favorite cat while he went out... rather than it die alone somewhere without me.

But I'm humane; unlike the hero of this story and his personal god myth.

• Like 1

This is a rather good site.  How's the guitar playing going?

This is a rather good site.  How's the guitar playing going?

Well, I'm still working a 9-5 if that's any indication.

I started messing around with acoustic slide and realized it's much more difficult than I thought it would be.

that's a fucking bullshit

almost as equivalent as god put me in canada so that I don't have to be in my grandmother death bed

I'm sorry but as a country heavily affected by immigrants I wonder why birth control does not exist in Syria. I don't know if I want kids given the state of the world they will live in with no jobs, no hope. So why the fuck would Syrians have kids go put them through that