Peanut Gallery Of Subz Vs. Ex-cs

scotter

I have been reading the Colosseum threads ‘One Verse at a Time’ and ‘Trinity Divinity of Jesus’.

SubZ in times shows knowledgeable points, in times he brushes off the unanswerable points lightly, in times simply repeats “Christ fulfilled the Law”… without addressing directly the challenges in the theological perspective.

I have come to conclusion that SubZ wants to believe, so all the points of various angles and cuts, theological, philosophical, historical, archaeological, ….are not going to divert his faith.

For example, he first pointed out archaeological evidence supports the Bible and his faith.

When challenged, here is what he responded:

Just because we have no evidence of Kings that once lives thousands of years ago doesn't mean that the Bible is wrong.

And Skeptic responded to that, “Nor does it prove that the bible is right. This is where "blind" faith comes in.”

He wants to believe, and I come to the understanding that he is trying to convince himself, more than trying to convince us.

The debates can go on to tens and hundreds of pages more, and predictably, he remains a believer, fully convinced that his Christian faith is rock hard and unbreakable, passing through the rounds of debates with Ex-Christians.

The test for that is to make the discussion personal, to make it interal versus external. For some reason, appologists, typically, really don't like it when you get into their personal faith.

FYI, I've got some info that Sub0 is a pain in the tail on other web sites too, even been banned from some, after starting multiple topics and just being an annoyance to everyone.

I vote to not ban him, for pure morbid curiousity.

Agreed.

May curiosity seekers, and folks finding themselves in the middle come across his bullshit and recognize it for what it is and how stupid it really comes across.

Look at Sub_Zero......this is your brain on religion. :die:

Okay, so noted with me, but I did give him a new warning. Based on his expressed intent of "evangelizing" our site.

I want to keep him here for a while too, even though I have not seen such ingrained ignorance of reality in a long time.

Bit remiss here folks, been kinda-sota busy out in meat.life..

"Subby" as long as he does not fuck up is like any other user of ExC, "Welcome until he wears out same".

I do not concur with the marooooon. (ref: Bugs Bunny)

Have seen where he has tracked up other websites and boards with pile of sectarian non-discussions.

He/she/it uses the scattergun technique of posting, shooting so many shots around that others have a hard time keeping up.

What I have done is stop that. He will stay on one course at a time in a linear progression of discussion, not going from topic to topic like a batshitcrazy bird dog seeking new scents.

If he should make decision to start a new topic, I'll take his "day pass" to all the neat e-ticket rides here at ExC and toss his ass out.

Discuss away folks, he makes great target practice when he steps into Dave's House, gospel guns ablazin'..

kevin, mean_old_man, L