Goodbye Jesus

Blood Required To Forgive?

Metroplex

Why if God set Adam up to fail in the garden, did he get angry afterwards and demand a blood sacrifice to forgive all of his descendants?

I mean, couldn't he just forgive and forget and get on with it?

How much of this 'blood sacrifices' to appease an angry deity resembles 'Aztec blood sacrifice rituals'?

Any comments?

Yeah well, I wonder too. But the God’s LUUUUUUV blood. They sound more like vampires …

Yeah well, I wonder too. But the God’s LUUUUUUV blood. They sound more like vampires …

Yeah. I cannot explain the OT writers obsession with giving blood to their god.

But don't forget that blood sacrifice wasn't the only freaking thing that could forgive you.

Guest Pontius Pilate

You all are talking like this god is a real god or something. Primitive religions (this includes primitive Yahwehism) thought that the gods could actually eat what was spilled on their altarts and that were burned. I would hope that we have all progressed past this neolithic thinking. - PP

Blood=Life

Life=Most Worthy Possesion

Sacrifise=Giving to God

God= :) when getting something of value

God= :angry: when getting something worthless

God= :D when getting blood=life=most worthy thing on earth

That's part of why I gave up on Xianity. It is stupid to the point of laughter to think that a god is angry to the point of eternally torturing us, yet loves us so much he wants to save us from that, and to do so he sends his son (which is really him in disguise) to be tortured and executed as a sacrifice (with lots of spilt blood) for us to believe in and thereby escape eternal torment, instead of just forgive us and be done with it. It's like going to New York by way of China, like my father would say. It just doesn't make any sense, much like the rest of that damned cult.

Blood this and blood that. The Xian god must have a blood fetish or something, or just like to beat off with it :shrug:

Blood this and blood that. The Xian god must have a blood fetish or something, or just like to beat off with it :shrug:
Well, if you think about it, Jesus can easily beat-off without having to close his hand. :scratch:

:HaHa:

Well, if you think about it, Jesus can easily beat-off without having to close his hand. :scratch:

And with plenty of lube, too :lmao:

You all are talking like this god is a real god or something. Primitive religions (this includes primitive Yahwehism) thought that the gods could actually eat what was spilled on their altarts and that were burned. I would hope that we have all progressed past this neolithic thinking. - PP

Tell me, are you always this much of a dick?

One can theorize about nonexistent things, you know. That does not mean that they honestly think that the object of their theorizing is real.

For example: I often get into long-winded discussions about Transformers and Star Wars. Recently, most of the discussions have been with gaming partners, discussing a race of SW-based aliens called the Huk. We discuss their social structures, behaviours, motivations, etc. Does this mean that we think the Huk are real, physical beings? NO. It's just something we do for fun and to kill time.

That's what this is. A bit of (attempted) in-depth discussion about a fictional character for entertainment (and, perhaps, to gain further insight into the minds of people who do consider said fictional character to be real)

Come off the snotty attitude, child. You're not making a good first impression.

That's part of why I gave up on Xianity. It is stupid to the point of laughter to think that a god is angry to the point of eternally torturing us, yet loves us so much he wants to save us from that, and to do so he sends his son (which is really him in disguise) to be tortured and executed as a sacrifice (with lots of spilt blood) for us to believe in and thereby escape eternal torment, instead of just forgive us and be done with it. It's like going to New York by way of China, like my father would say. It just doesn't make any sense, much like the rest of that damned cult.

Heehee, very well said.

When I was a Christian I always thought the same thing..... why take something so simple (forgiveness) and make it into something so complicated, dramatic and grandiose that it's no longer even believable? I guess because the less people who believe it, the more people he gets to toss into hell to torture :lmao:

I guess because the less people who believe it, the more people he gets to toss into hell to torture :lmao:

Maybe that's what Biblegodzilla is beating off to. Hell is a eternal snuff/BDSM flick. No wonder he inspires his servants to preach about it so much.

And I thought I was a pervert...

When I was a Christian I always thought the same thing..... why take something so simple (forgiveness) and make it into something so complicated, dramatic and grandiose that it's no longer even believable? I guess because the less people who believe it, the more people he gets to toss into hell to torture

I actually think it has something to do with wanting to be special. A member of an exclusive club. Being under the illusion that God views you (and the small group who are like you) in a special light.

I believe that's one of the reasons for all of the various sects, cults, denominations, whatever you want to call em. Nobody wants to be just one in a billion. A faceless nobody.

If every single person on the face of the earth suddenly converted to christianity, where would be the fun in that? No one left to hate. No one to demonize. No one left to look down on and feel superior.

Hell on earth for a true fundy.

PP,

We know this. We just like to discuss it.

Why did he want a blood anyway?

If it's the life force he wanted why didn't biblegod want reproductive organs?

Taph

Why if God set Adam up to fail in the garden, did he get angry afterwards and demand a blood sacrifice to forgive all of his descendants?

I mean, couldn't he just forgive and forget and get on with it?

How much of this 'blood sacrifices' to appease an angry deity resembles 'Aztec blood sacrifice rituals'?

Any comments?

The more I've considered this, the sillier it seems to me. According to Christian theology, only by believing in Jesus can you be covered by his blood and be "saved". Rarely do people raise the question of why does the Christian God have such a strange proclivity for blood, and what mechanism does blood provide to absolve their concept of sin? Why would the only apparent way to appease an omnipotent being be through blood sacrifices? What is it that a blood sacrifice does, that his alleged omnipotence cannot? If the Christian God were real, and omnipotent, then he should have no trouble having sin in presence (yet the bible says otherwise) and thus the counterpart to the story of how to cleanse sin away is by using blood. If the Christian God were really omnipotent, he should have no reason to set up a brutal and barbaric system of "cleansing" sin by using blood. To me, this part of the Christian theological storyline bears the fingerprints of uneducated, unimaginative, primitive man - not those of an omni-benevolent, omnipotent God.

Apparently, this blood-obsession thing started with ancient people way before the christians usurped parts of their mythology into their own. Strange that some people still believe it, but, as we all know, fundies don't evolve :Doh:

Anywhoo, I hope this is not too far off the topic but I think it's kind of interesting: Remember Gary Gilmore, the man who brought back capital punishment? (Executed by firing squad, first man executed about ten years after the Supreme Court had temporarily halted executions.) According to Shot In The Heart, a book about Gilmore by his brother, Gilmore was given a choice of methods of execution and chose being shot to death because, as a devout Mormon, he believed in "blood attonement" i.e., just spill some of your own blood on your way out and all will be forgiven, no matter how many people you killed.