Goodbye Jesus

Are You Positively Sure Their Is No Life After Death?

willybilly30

theirs no proof of god or any religion is true i get that. but are you absolutely shure without a shadow of doubt theirs no afterlife? is their nothing that says theirs an afterlife?

theirs no proof of god or any religion is true i get that. but are you absolutely shure without a shadow of doubt theirs no afterlife? is their nothing that says theirs an afterlife?

Hey Willy,

I am not sure if there is or is not an afterlife. I have to say I HOPE there is. I HOPE that our consciousness does not cease to exist after our physical bodies die, but it is only my HOPE.

If it does cease to exist, does it really matter? I won't know the difference.

Taph

I am not completely sure, but all evidence points to there being no afterlife. I don't live my life assuming there is an afterlife.

We may never have an absolute, scientifically proven answer to this question. However, I am convinced that I have lived before and will live again. Reincarnation is, at least. fair, unlike Heaven or Hell based on one's beliefs.

Common sense says there is no afterlife. It's really quite that simple actually.

All one has to do is put on their objective thinking cap and before you know it such things can be added to the long list of myths and fictional fables and move on in life.

what evidence? sure we see bodies die but are we sure what all happens?

I am not completely sure, but all evidence points to there being no afterlife. I don't live my life assuming there is an afterlife.

Since I wasn't alive before I was born, it seems reasonable I won't be alive after I die. Anyway, isn't death the absense of life by definition? It's almost like asking "will I be alive when I am no longer alive?" The answer should be pretty obvious.....

No, I am not sure. The chance is slim, but one can never know...

Since I wasn't alive before I was born, it seems reasonable I won't be alive after I die. Anyway, isn't death the absense of life by definition? It's almost like asking "will I be alive when I am no longer alive?" The answer should be pretty obvious.....

Very good point. What's the definition of life? That I have a body with blood flowing through my veins? If so, then there's no life after I'm dead.

maybe you cant remember what it was like before you was born. i dont know about you but i can barely remember enything before 5yrs old. i dont know maybe i have tried hard enough

i dont know how yall handle this. i swear i feel sheer gut felt terror at the idea the idea is just plain scary they should make a movie called not existing man thatd make freddy krugar look like a teletubbie movie. damn

maybe you cant remember what it was like before you was born.

You didn't have a brain, and therefore no memory before you was born.

so death would be like alzheimers you loose more and more memory till your a vegitable then your gone. i guess you ongly fear death while your alive. man im getting chills why do i want to discuss this.

maybe you cant remember what it was like before you was born.

You didn't have a brain, and therefore no memory before you was born.

How can you percieve without your senses? How can you have senses without a viable body? The idea of a disembodied spirit existing apart from the body is absurd.

why is it absurd? spirits might exist or something similar

How can you percieve without your senses? How can you have senses without a viable body? The idea of a disembodied spirit existing apart from the body is absurd.

i dont know how yall handle this. i swear i feel sheer gut felt terror at the idea the idea is just plain scary they should make a movie called not existing man thatd make freddy krugar look like a teletubbie movie. damn

I guess everyone has their own outlook on things. I can't see a thing to be afraid of.

I'm greatly relieved to know that when I shut my eyes and breathe my last, there is no more.

Let my last words be - "Good. That's enough."

Doesn't bother me in the least. (truly)

i cant help but wonder if we humans think we know everything and got everything figured out and we really know very little and figured out very little.

The answer is obvious considering our very precocious understanding of nature and the mechanics of life. Are you ready at this point to assume your current earthly consciousness is but a flicker in eternity.... or is there more to this than what our measly 200 years of technological evolution has uncovered ?

We assume quite a bit with very little experience on a cosmic scale. Modern religions use prophets and Gods to fill the knowledge void (band-aid) and our science is replacing these fabrications with facts and practical knowledge... At this point, relatively speaking, we still know very little. Let time do its work, we'll eventually come close to finding out :shrug:

why do you not fear it? why does it give you relief?

I guess everyone has their own outlook on things. I can't see a thing to be afraid of.

I'm greatly relieved to know that when I shut my eyes and breathe my last, there is no more.

Let my last words be - "Good. That's enough."

Doesn't bother me in the least. (truly)

Mythra, same here. It doesn't bother me either. (It's always fun to ponder about it though, but it's not scary anymore.)

After accepting the fate we all face, I'm in greater calm now than when I was Christian! Go figure...

It's more important to consider if we have a life BEFORE death. Make the best out of it, instead of wasting it on religious exercises that most likely won't do you any good anyhow.

--edit--

And to answer the question if there is anything possible in physics that could allow for our minds to continue after we're dead... yes, I actually do think there is. But that's for another discussion (probably I will keep it to myself... nya, nya, nya. :grin: )

howd you get to were it was no longer scary?

Mythra, same here. It doesn't bother me either. (It's always fun to ponder about it though, but it's not scary anymore.)

After accepting the fate we all face, I'm in greater calm now than when I was Christian! Go figure...

It's more important to consider if we have a life BEFORE death. Make the best out of it, instead of wasting it on religious exercises that most likely won't do you any good anyhow.

By accepting there is nothing I can do about it. All of us will die one day, and there's nothing we can do about it. We're all going to the "dentist office" and we're all going to experience the same thing. So if I can't do anything about it, why not just accept it. Accept that it will happen, one day, one way or another. My opinion now is that we all will die (hah, what a revelation), and no one knows what it feels like, and no one can claim to know there is a life after death. But if there is, I have come to the conclusion that we all will go to the same place. If there isn't, we all still will go to the same place.

The trick to be free from fear is: accept it, because you can't fight it. (and this works for many other situations too.)

their anyway to tell my mind to quit worrying about it and go on living? im much happier when im not sitting around thinking im gonna die and not be here someday. paranoia sucks. dont recomend medication im paranoid about that too.

By accepting there is nothing I can do about it. All of us will die one day, and there's nothing we can do about it. We're all going to the "dentist office" and we're all going to experience the same thing. So if I can't do anything about it, why not just accept it. Accept that it will happen, one day, one way or another. My opinion now is that we all will die (hah, what a revelation), and no one knows what it feels like, and no one can claim to know there is a life after death. But if there is, I have come to the conclusion that we all will go to the same place. If there isn't, we all still will go to the same place.

The trick to be free from fear is: accept it, because you can't fight it. (and this works for many other situations too.)

Willy, maybe you just should become a Deist? Don't try to figure out if you can accept being an atheist, but just be content with the feeling you have that there is a god of some kind, but unknown.

i like that idea. but according to some athiests its crazy to think that way. i think i should quit trying to make myself think like they do just cause they say im wrong.

Willy, maybe you just should become a Deist? Don't try to figure out if you can accept being an atheist, but just be content with the feeling you have that there is a god of some kind, but unknown.

i like that idea. but according to some athiests its crazy to think that way. i think i should quit trying to make myself think like they do just cause they say im wrong.

I don't think it's crazy to think that way...I still contend it's irrational to believe in any God (deistic included) but that doesn't stop anyone from believing. You should do what's right for you and stop worrying about what other people think.

I don't think it's crazy to think that way...I still contend it's irrational to believe in any God (deistic included) but that doesn't stop anyone from believing. You should do what's right for you and stop worrying about what other people think.

That's right on, Asimov.

I personally don't believe in gods, but why shouldn't you, willybilly?

And it doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing belief. There could be an afterlife of some kind that has nothing to do at all with gods or religion - nothing's impossible.

Improbable, maybe, but not impossible.