Christian/spiritual People Just Want To Date Their Clones!

Maciel

For those of you who jumped from religion to religion have you noticed how quickly you are set aside when you are just a little bit different from his beliefs or if you challenged him/her in any way? This happened with two of my past ex boyfriends. The last one was a christian who started to ignored me when I told him I used to practice witchcraft in the past. His total disregard for my feelings, arrogance and hipocresy almost destroy me. Now he's going out with a christian girl who thinks and acts just like him. She looks down on every other religion, thinks women who express their sexuality are bad and so on ( I read her blog to know what kind of person she is)

Later on I dated another guy who was into healing with your hands, crystals, aliens, positivity and all that new age stuff and the same thing happened. He broke up with me when I challenged his pretty distburbing believefs that he was being visited by aliens and once again now he's dating a girl as looney as him. These new age types are even more brainwashed than christians.

They want a clone or just stay single then, no room for differences, challenges..just someone to say "yes honey everything you are saying it's the truth" Anyone else went through the same?

• Like 1

I see what you're saying, and I'm sorry you went through those rejections, but I think there's more to it than that. We all feel more comfortable with people who are similar to us. For instance, I can't pull the statistics out of my head right now, but I believe it has been shown that people tend to stay within their own socioeconomic range when choosing a mate. It's not absolute, of course, but it's the norm. We also tend to choose people of roughly the same educational level. It stands to reason that if the person we're with has significantly different views than our own, it makes it difficult to stick it out.

On the other hand, if they really care for you, you would think they would try harder. Unfortunately, the more "sold" a person is on their belief system of choice, the less tolerant they tend to be.

I also understand what you are saying, however another way to look at it is: Did you really want to date those types of people? I prefer non-religious or open minded people as opposed to a devout Christian or New Age fan. I think there is something to desiring people who think along similar lines as us.

I found personally all Christians a little odd considering I know that although they paint a nice guy image were still humans and still have secrets.

To me churches where huge daring agencies

I also understand what you are saying, however another way to look at it is: Did you really want to date those types of people? I prefer non-religious or open minded people as opposed to a devout Christian or New Age fan. I think there is something to desiring people who think along similar lines as us.

I fell in love with the individual, his beliefs were a small part of it  because they revealed it way later in the relationship. Back then I was experimenting with all kinds of religions but I never picked my beliefs over anyone but these guys did.

@Dadoffil -Yes I guess people choose people from the same socioeconomic range but beleifs are more fragile open to interpretation field. I just feel like I was mistreated for something that's dellusional and selfish, I will not date such people anymore lol

Some folks may choose to date, hang out with or marry someone that are like themselves.  Others may choose folks who are different, in whole or in part.

YES YES YES YES. not personally, but I observe it in my friends. Sometimes I wonder if I am just another crazy subset of person who is stubborn in their beliefs, who has found someone to agree with. But I don't think this is the case considering my fiancee and I have very conflicting views on many things and have no issue taking about it most of the time without feeling threatened.  I think that if the driving need to keep your version of reality un -threatened is so great that you find yourself throwing people away based on what they THINK and SAY not what they DO, you have an overactive fear response. This is a sign of bad brain, regardless of whatever belief you hold. I think this was probably the case with your exes. Obviously yes you want to choose a life partner that shares a lot of how you think. But there is such a thing as going overboard