You Are All Just Secretly God Haters Who Knows That He Exists

Castiel233

This is one of the more curious arguments that Christians put forward.They say we campaign against the faith because we hate god that we know in our hearts he is real. We are simple rebels and sinners, etc, etc.

My answer is a simple one. Many of us, myself , most assuredly included have been damaged by the Christian faith. Our interactions with it have been negative and it has been harmful. It is quite natural  to fight against that which has harmed us  and to try and prevent it harming others.

By Christian "logic" , a Christian group who fights to stop a Mosque being built locally , knows that Islam is real and Allah is the one true god. When a Christian encounters a Muslim and witnesses to them, they are rebelling against Islam, which they deep down know to be true, they are simply angry at Allah.

• Like 7

To add:

If Christianity was peaceful, loving, gentle, yet false, I am sure that most of us would not be so alarmed at it.

The fact that we have to share the planet with a religion that craves the end of the world, is pro-war, pro slavery and winks at rape with a smile on it's face, means we are compelled to try and counter it, forced as we are to live with the actions of some of its more nutty followers.

Years ago, Reagan caused some alarm , when he professed his interest in the book of revelations during his tenure as President. That such a doom and gloom end of the world part the Bible interested the Commander in Chief of America's nuclear arsenal was deeply unsettling, given that we have to live under the leadership of such men.

If Ben Carson wins The White House, then may the FSM have mercy upon us all   

It's the magical word BELIEF. Something you know in your heart. Soul-thought. More christianese.

It's the brain that does the thinking.  And belief is just thinking in a certain way.  Nothing more, nothing less.

The wanting to indulge in sin they are talking about, is of course, sex.  Because sex is the huge hang up of the archaic patriarchal repressed abrahamic religions.

Here is a MYTHRAIC equation for you.  EXTREME SEXUAL REPRESSION = EXTREME SEXUAL OBSESSION.

The human body is disgraceful.  Ugly.  Sinful. Shameful. Bad Bad Bad. 

As most of us here who have ever been to a "Men's" christian meeting can attest, being a christian doesn't take away sexual desire.  It only heightens it by making it taboo.  And makes a person fall at the feet of the savior when racked with guilt over it.

When they say you just want to sin, tell them YES.  I want to be able to break one of the 10 commandments and work on Saturday without feeling guilty about it.

• Like 1

As far as being a God hater, I think I agree that I was when I first left G-Zuss.  Because of the years and years of what belief in God did to me.

But, that was a long time ago, and I've undergone a personal evolution.

I went from being a God hater to being a religion hater.

And I've gone from being a religion hater to being a religion extremist hater.

And I have no compulsion to convince anyone of anything. I'm not an evangelist for atheism. If someone wants to waste their life steeped in nonsense, knock yourself out.  Have fun.  

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I have no reason to believe that the Christian god (or any other for that matter) actually exists, so I can't hate, love or ignore a nonexistent mental construct.

I have too many reasons to acknowledge that Christians and Christianity DO exist. I do hate the intrusive and damaging examples of both.

And I've gone from being a religion hater to being a religion extremist hater.

And I have no compulsion to convince anyone of anything. I'm not an evangelist for atheism. If someone wants to waste their life steeped in nonsense, knock yourself out.  Have fun.  

This would be me also. I detest religion. I detest the lies I was told. I don't hate god at all anymore since I've discovered there isn't one. I did hate 'him' when I first joined EX-c because the god I loved so much didn't want anything to do with me, wouldn't answer my desperate cry's for help, etc.....

(hence the 'Please Forgive Me' letter I wrote)

So since you all have helped me discover that there isn't a god (I completely believe in evolution now) there is no need to 'hate' him....

One thing I do love is coincidences. I look for them everyday because I like the surprises that they bring!!

This is one of the more curious arguments that Christians put forward.They say we campaign against the faith because we hate god that we know in our hearts he is real. We are simple rebels and sinners, etc, etc.

They get that straight from Romans 1. vv. 18-21: "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened."

from Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1

I not only used this argument when I was a Christian, I actually believed I invented it.

Except for my brief stint as a born again xian between the ages of about 13-17'ish, I always had questions and doubts about the bible, bible stories, and god.  The church I grew up in was very much a "jesus loves everybody" church, I remember no scary sermons on hell, and was also very stodgy and polite.  I was never damaged by xianity or the church or the people I knew in the church I attended.

I just never found satisfactory answers to my questions about the bible, bible stories, and god that I had, within the church.  Their answers, after about a million words, came down to "just believe" and "we can't understand god."  

When I finally got a good answer to my questions, I felt such relief.  A good answer that made sense!  Yay, I was done with trying to figure out xianity on my own!

In my heart, I had only had an awful lot of questions about god and all those stories.  I gave xianity the benefit of the doubt all those years because why else would so many people believe in different religions and build cathedrals and synagogues and mosques unless it was based on something real?  But I'm happy in atheism now.

Guest Furball

By Christian "logic" , a Christian group who fights to stop a Mosque being built locally , knows that Islam is real and Allah is the one true god. When a Christian encounters a Muslim and witnesses to them, they are rebelling against Islam, which they deep down know to be true, they are simply angry at Allah.

Logically speaking, even christians are atheists. Muslims and hindus etc. all believe their religion is the one true religion, and if a christian doesn't believe in their scriptures and their god, well then the christian is an atheist. The difference between the true atheist and the atheist christian is that the true atheist has disposed of belief in all gods while the christian still clings to one, (or 3 if you count the father, son, and holy ghost as separate.) 

• Like 1

Must be some very secret knowledge then, as I consciously don't find such knowledge in myself at all.

Yeah I enjoy sinning. I'm probably wearing mixed fabrics even right now.

If Ben Carson wins The White House, then may the FSM have mercy upon us all   

I, for one, welcome the addition of grain pyramids to our landscape.

mwc

Guest realchild

My answer is a simple one. Many of us, myself , most assuredly included have been damaged by the Christian faith. Our interactions with it have been negative and it has been harmful. It is quite natural  to fight against that which has harmed us  and to try and prevent it harming others.

Everytime some Christian hurts me I go into one of there churches and fuck one of there naive converts, for me that balances things up.

Yeah I enjoy sinning. I'm probably wearing mixed fabrics even right now.

You're so rebellious. smile.png

Yes. I might even "accidentally" encourage my friends to sin, by insisting on going clothes shopping with them and suggesting that all the mixed-fabric clothes are great. Bwah hah hah, so evil. zDuivel2.gif woohoo.gif