Goodbye Jesus

Schism Erupts In Pastafarianism Over The Acceptability Of Plastic Colanders

Fweethawt

The Last Supper of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

And he took the pasta, and when he had given thanks, he boiled it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

And the jar of sauce in like manner after supper, saying, This sauce is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.

• Like 1

An opposing view:

"If there is a God worthy of worship, why does he allow suffering? Why is the living world so wasteful – what was the point of making those marvelous dinosaurs, just to wipe them out? Why is it not clear which religion provides the best way of approaching God? Now theists have different responses to this counter-evidence. But what is important to note is that it is counter-evidence. Whereas meaningless and trivial stories (say, invisible, intangible beings made of pasta haunt the cosmos) are so disconnected from the real world that it isn’t only impossible to provide evidence for them. It is impossible to provide evidence against them."

No, this thread is about Pastafarians and funny religious hats.  We already have other threads where your side track has been covered.  You don't even respond when people challenge you.

Did you even read the title of the link I posted? 

Did you take a few minutes to read it over?

No, this thread is about Pastafarians and funny religious hats.  We already have other threads where your side track has been covered.  You don't even respond when people challenge you.

Did you even read the title of the link I posted? 

Did you take a few minutes to read it over?

I read the part you quoted.  It's the same kind of crap you always post.  When I refuted such in the past you either ignored it or quoted song lyrics.  It is not like you ever have a genuine conversation about anything.  When your ideas run out of steam you shrug your shoulders and remind us that you believe anyway.

Edit:

I did click on your link and read a page.  Wow.  It's a huge pile of steaming bullshit with a few lies tossed in for flavoring.  I bet you loved it.  Again, I could explain every point where it fails but you will just affirm that you believe anyway and then quote song lyrics so I will not waste my time.

IH will live in eternal fast food hell for derailing the thread inspired by the whole-wheat-toast. May it's garlic butter minister to me soon.

• Like 2

An opposing view:

"If there is a God worthy of worship, why does he allow suffering? Why is the living world so wasteful – what was the point of making those marvelous dinosaurs, just to wipe them out? Why is it not clear which religion provides the best way of approaching God? Now theists have different responses to this counter-evidence. But what is important to note is that it is counter-evidence. Whereas meaningless and trivial stories (say, invisible, intangible beings made of pasta haunt the cosmos) are so disconnected from the real world that it isn’t only impossible to provide evidence for them. It is impossible to provide evidence against them."

Read all:

http://www.saintsandsceptics.org/off-their-noodles-the-tedium-of-pastafarianism/

Oddly, the FSM and Jesus have the same track record when it comes to answered prayers. It's either yes, no, or wait.

• Like 1

An opposing view:

Read all:

http://www.saintsandsceptics.org/off-their-noodles-the-tedium-of-pastafarianism/

Oddly, the FSM and Jesus have the same track record when it comes to answered prayers. It's either yes, no, or wait.

And the Noodley One doesn't have any ridiculous fetish for eternal suffering for finite "crimes". Even in Pastafarian hell you still get beer, even if it's warm. Pizza, even if it's cold. And strippers, even if they aren't exactly attractive... Still, it's basically paradise compared to Jesus's BDSM dungeon.

• Like 2

15e86b2db7d4c7a63db84e2e1558cd86.jpg

c198dd301dd1614acb5be2098f956720.jpg

As a non-believer, even I must admit that this is pretty hot...

6d19736d77335cd87b7f1f829746131e.jpg

OOh. full immersion baptism. I like it.

• Like 2

Are rice noodles an acceptable form of worship to Pastafarians? Because sometimes I like a really good phô.

• Like 1

An opposing view:

Read all:

Graham Veale, writer of the article you linked, says this: "Philosophers from Anselm and Aquinas to Plantinga and Swinburne have presented robust arguments for the Christian faith."

Negative. First, the above philosophers do not present philosophical arguments for CHRISTIAN DOGMA. They present arguments for generic theism.

Second, arguments of the Plantinga kind fool around with definitions. They do not offer positive evidence that Christianity is true.  Most philosophers I know (and I know a good number) think these arguments are viciously question-begging. At most, they defend the assertion that religious belief might not, after all, be irrational. These arguments are not "robust."

Finally, as usual, Ironhorse, you formulate no argument, offer no evidence. You merely click on websites. I don't think that YOU have any notion why you believe, beyond how your belief makes you feel.

• Like 1

Pastafarians stealing christmas from christians... Don't THEY just set a fine example? Not!

W5ltRo2.jpg

Are rice noodles an acceptable form of worship to Pastafarians? Because sometimes I like a really good phô.

All forms of worship are acceptable. Rice noodles are a poor imitation of His Noodliness, but a poor imitation is better than no imitation. Partake, and blessed!

• Like 1

Pastafarians stealing christmas from christians... Don't THEY just set a fine example? Not!

W5ltRo2.jpg

That is a beautiful display of reverence to the FSM. How dare an unbeliever like you try to downplay it.

I only hope that someday you will realize that there is a spaghetti shaped hole in your heart that only the M-nster can fill.

• Like 1

All forms of worship are acceptable. Rice noodles are a poor imitation of His Noodliness, but a poor imitation is better than no imitation. Partake, and blessed!

Oh prophet (sauce and cheese with a can of peas mixed in be upon you), you can see that I tried to defend our Flying Spaghetti Monster against the unbeliever known as Fweethawt.  My heart weeps for this infidel.  

• Like 1

It seems our friend Fwee is destined for eternally warm beer and unattractive strippers. My hear weeps for him as well.

• Like 1

I40PidTh.jpg

Now you're acting desperate Fwee. Everyone can see it. This proves nothing, and you dare to bring this when? After the prophet posts? You are in big big trouble now, you infidel.

• 2 weeks later...

His truth is marching on!

• Super Moderator

This is too much drama. I'm converting to Dudeism.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...