Goodbye Jesus

Passion Of The Christ

AgnosticBob AtheistPants

Maybe we could turn The Passion into some sort of cult film, like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. When the whips start cracking, everyone starts cracking belts in the audience; as the blood flies, people splash fake blood on each other; as he cries out, the audience cries out, etc. We could sell it as "The Ultimate Communion Experience". :crucified: You'd come out of the theatre covered with blood. It would the total Christian experience of "being covered by His blood".

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Merlinfmct87

• Lycorth

• Dianka

• Angel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lmao: that's great, eating popcorn and drinking soda during the Passion. Almost makes me want to go if it gets re-released again; I like to sit in the very front row and unload all my smuggled goodies, like beef jerky and cans of soda.

I would love for a bunch of us to go together and treat The Passion like the Rocky Horror Picture Show; you know, we could all throw thorny crowns on cue, eat loudly, laugh at inappropriate times and parrot our favorite lines. That would be fun. :woohoo:

Added later:

Anterlman, I see you and I had the same idea regarding Rocky Horror. Great Minds......

Maybe we could turn The Passion into some sort of cult film, like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. When the whips start cracking, everyone starts cracking belts in the audience; as the blood flies, people splash fake blood on each other; as he cries out, the audience cries out, etc. We could sell it as "The Ultimate Communion Experience". :crucified: You'd come out of the theatre covered with blood. It would the total Christian experience of "being covered by His blood".

I would love for a bunch of us to go together and treat The Passion like the Rocky Horror Picture Show; you know, we could all throw thorny crowns on cue, eat loudly, laugh at inappropriate times and parrot our favorite lines. That would be fun. :woohoo:

Now we're on to something, here... :lmao:

We should dress up as the Characters and play the parts in the theater while the movie plays.

Who wants to be Satan, who wants to be The Virgin Mary, who wants to be the Roman soldiers? We could bring a fake Jesus, along with the fake blood, and scourge him and then nail him up on a cross.

Taph

We should dress up as the Characters and play the parts in the theater while the movie plays.

Who wants to be Satan, who wants to be The Virgin Mary, who wants to be the Roman soldiers? We could bring a fake Jesus, along with the fake blood, and scourge him and then nail him up on a cross.

Taph

LOL Sounds like a plan to me!!!! :woohoo:

Narnia != Christian

Actually, I'm afraid it is quite Christian. C.S. Lewis most definitively = Christian.

I mean come on...Aslan the Lion...dies for the sins of Edmund, conquers the law, blah blah blah. TOTALLY Christian. Not FUNDIE, but definitely Christian.

C.S. Lewis was definitely Christian. He wrote religious literature too.

For instance, "Mere Christianity".

I was dragged to it by my parental units.

Storyline in nonexistant. Aside from the whole flesh-ripping stuff.

Satan was the coolest character there. And the music was pretty. Made doubly so when ripped off the internet.

Whee!

Regarding C. S. Lewis:

100% nutcase Christian. No room for doubt. It permiated every part of his work and is quite unmistakable. I also think he was, for the most part, an immature two-year-old, but that's a subject for another thread.

Merlin

Speaking of Satan in the passion, does anyone know if the actor was a man or a woman? I say its a woman but my friend swears its a man.

Yeah... I couldn't tell. I think that's part of the reason I like, um... it(?) so much. Maybe it was a hermaphrodite? Or a eunich?

It'd be neat to get that guy over for tea. Especially if the Jehovah's Witnesses chose that day to come over. I'd be all, "Hey guys! Long time no see! This here is my friend Satan! Satan... Matt and, what, James?"

Speaking of Satan in the passion, does anyone know if the actor was a man or a woman? I say its a woman but my friend swears its a man.

Satan was played by Rosalinda Celentano who is 100% woman, by the way. Mel Gibson chose her partly because of the extreme symetrical quality of her face, giving Satan's character a more unsettling appearance. Incidently, I don't think it's ironic he chose a woman to play Satan. After all, aren't woman supposed to be ultimate gateways to evil, according to Catholicism and most of Christianity? :smile:

Actully, he wanted Satan to be androgynous. Seems to be easier to do that with a woman than a man.

About the RHPS of the Christ...how are we going to do call-backs in Aramaic

Satan was played by Rosalinda Celentano who is 100% woman, by the way. Mel Gibson chose her partly because of the extreme symetrical quality of her face, giving Satan's character a more unsettling appearance. Incidently, I don't think it's ironic he chose a woman to play Satan. After all, aren't woman supposed to be ultimate gateways to evil, according to Catholicism and most of Christianity? :smile:

Yes, true. Eve was the first to be tempted by satan... :nono:

:ugh:

Merlin

I haven't seen it either, I heard as a horror flick it was bloodier and more violent than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so if you like those kinds of movies it might be good. Maybe Mel will make a sequel: "Passion II: Revenge of Jesus" and i'll see both movies together...

Given the gruesome history of Violence the Christians have, it doesn't surprise me to hear its blood and "horror-like." It should be. Just appalling that yet another Hollywood epic on the Sufferage of Christians... when most of the suffering in this world has been caused by who? Christians....

Actully, he wanted Satan to be androgynous. Seems to be easier to do that with a woman than a man.

Unsupported rumor has it that Gibson actually tried to secure Satan himself for the role, but an eternity of suffering in hell for the entire cast and crew of The Passion was too exorbitant a fee for the studio to sign off on.

Unsupported rumor has it that Gibson actually tried to secure Satan himself for the role, but an eternity of suffering in hell for the entire cast and crew of The Passion was too exorbitant a fee for the studio to sign off on.

Well, we all know Mel wouldn't have had a problem with it... needs of the many, after all.

Merlin

I saw all of it and I forgot about it.

That said, let's trash the movie if need be!

It must not exist but it did...

C.S. Lewis was definitely Christian. He wrote religious literature too.

For instance, "Mere Christianity".

And of course "The Screwtape Letters." Letters from Satan's nephew to Satan about his exploits in trying to cause trouble for Christians.

:Doh:

When I was still a Christian I went to see it, and I even bought it on DVD...

It was a good film; however, I could not get past the extreme amounts of gore and blood.

It was, literally, on my mind for days.

Mel Gibson is a freaking sadist. And The irony is that Christians object to violence in cinema...

Go figure.

However, Narnia was excellent. Grant it, they are loaded up with Christian allegory but disregard that and it was just fun...lol.

When I was still a Christian I went to see it, and I even bought it on DVD...

It was a good film; however, I could not get past the extreme amounts of gore and blood.

It was, literally, on my mind for days.

Mel Gibson is a freaking sadist. And The irony is that Christians object to violence in cinema...

Go figure.

However, Narnia was excellent. Grant it, they are loaded up with Christian allegory but disregard that and it was just fun...lol.

Having been an avid reader of the series of books as a child, I was rather disappointed in the film. Maybe Peter Jackson has ruined me for any fantasy films from here on out!