Goodbye Jesus

What Books Of Bible Are Great And Horrible?

Onyx

Out of the options given, I thought Song of Solomon was preferable to the others. However, my favorite passages in the bible are Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53. They're so poetic, even though they keep talking about god and how great he is. I look at it as a sad case of people who are waiting on a being that isn't there. Then it's more historical and less bible-y, I guess.

The Suffering Servant songs in Isaiah are, to my knowledge, unique in ancient literature. What they actually mean, I don't know, but you cannot accuse the author of being unoriginal. What a shame they got completely disfigured by Christians. 

The Suffering Servant songs in Isaiah are, to my knowledge, unique in ancient literature. What they actually mean, I don't know, but you cannot accuse the author of being unoriginal. What a shame they got completely disfigured by Christians.

Ugh, yes. It might be impossible to read them without drawing a connection to Jesus and thus ruining their beauty.

• 3 weeks later...

Best book: Songs of Solomon for its mild erotic content ;)

Worst: Revelation for assisting in the brainwashing of millions of believers :(

not exactly the book that i like,,, but a revised version of turn turn turn by the byrds,,,,

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)

There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)

And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to be born, a time to die

A time to plant, a time to reap

A time to kill, a time to heal

A time to laugh, a time to weep

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)

There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)

And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down

A time to dance, a time to mourn

A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

I think if you take the books of the Bible as fiction, as they should be, you can enjoy quite a lot of them. I like proverbs and ecclesiastes a lot, but I like the tales in 1-2 Samuel, Kings and Chronicles - not to mention Genesis and Judges. In the NT, nothing much really stands out, maybe Revelations.

• Like 1