Goodbye Jesus

Christmas Is Here!

aboveandbeyond

"

Don't try to pick a splinter out of someone else's eye when you have a whole tree in your own, yeah?

Er, no.   I'll not take lessons on 'Christian living' from an apostasizer.

A common tactic used by many on this forum is to turn a Christian's beliefs against them. It's a lazy tactic to employ, and displays quite clearly that the contributor cannot think of anything worthwhile or interesting to add to the discussion.

I find it strange that an atheist ex-Christian would want to back up his stance on Christmas with Puritanical fundamentalist Christian posters and signage. Very odd.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Oh, so you CAN judge, you CAN pray in public like the pharasees, and you CAN tell the poor to go fuck themselves. And here we were wrong all this time. I guess our problem isn't truth, but that we're just too nice to be one of you guys. 

Might want to restrain yourself in your response. I'm intimidated by that massive intellectual muscle you've been flexing. 

• Like 2

Restraint? You are the one typing in capital letters. You are the one using obscene language. How can you talk about 'being nice' when you clearly aren't?

It's surprising that your mini rant contains correct punctuation considering the vehemence with which your fingers were evidently stabbed into the keyboard. Well done!

Best wishes,

Paul.

Haha. Troll is trolling. 

If you really are an xian, you're one sad mother fucker. 

BTW: http://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-curse-a-lot-have-better-vocabularies-than-those-who-don-t-study-finds

Better to curse than to actually refuse to feed the poor, no? 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Whenever you guys get tired of Paul's foolishness, just say so and he'll be gone.  He's already been warned to keep it in the Lion's Den.

Ahh, Hislop. I have read that book. Very interesting. But it only goes to prove that everything is connected. It only goes to prove that there is a God who orders everything. The Pagan stuff forms a prophecy going back thousands of years:the idea of a god-man slain on a tree or cross. Now, I know you aren't going to like what I am about to say because it upsets your worldview. But the progression from Horus to Bacchus followed by the appearance of a real, historical Jesus who is then crucified in a similar manner, (together with strong historical evidence of the event from non-Christian sources), makes the Bible and the Christian story rock solid. Had Jesus not been a real historical person then it would be different. But most scholars agree that the crucifixion of Christ was a real event, and even Chris Hitchens grudgingly admitted in one of his lectures that Jesus could have been a real person).

Therefore, if the crucifixion occurred as per the prophecy, then the rest did too, including His birth in a stable, three kings etc.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Confirmation bias and logical fallacies are your friends. Rational thinking is your enemy.

Preach on!

Ahh, Hislop. I have read that book. Very interesting. But it only goes to prove that everything is connected. It only goes to prove that there is a God who orders everything. The Pagan stuff forms a prophecy going back thousands of years:the idea of a god-man slain on a tree or cross. Now, I know you aren't going to like what I am about to say because it upsets your worldview. But the progression from Horus to Bacchus followed by the appearance of a real, historical Jesus who is then crucified in a similar manner, (together with strong historical evidence of the event from non-Christian sources), makes the Bible and the Christian story rock solid. Had Jesus not been a real historical person then it would be different. But most scholars agree that the crucifixion of Christ was a real event, and even Chris Hitchens grudgingly admitted in one of his lectures that Jesus could have been a real person).

Therefore, if the crucifixion occurred as per the prophecy, then the rest did too, including His birth in a stable, three kings etc.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Confirmation bias and logical fallacies are your friends. Rational thinking is your enemy.

Preach on!

Hahaha! So if a student submitted a plaugerized paper you, Paul, would accept the student's defense that the preceding paper(s) were a foreshadowing of their, the student's, paper? Hahaha. Please, keep posting, you are fu(king hilarious...and a complete idiot!

(together with strong historical evidence of the event from non-Christian sources), makes the Bible and the Christian story rock solid. 

Good stuff there from Poe Paul. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

"

Don't try to pick a splinter out of someone else's eye when you have a whole tree in your own, yeah?

A common tactic used by many on this forum is to turn a Christian's beliefs against them. It's a lazy tactic to employ, and displays quite clearly that the contributor cannot think of anything worthwhile or interesting to add to the discussion.

I find it strange that an atheist ex-Christian would want to back up his stance on Christmas with Puritanical fundamentalist Christian posters and signage. Very odd.

Best wishes,

Paul.

It's not even necessarily "Christian living", as you put it though, is it? There's lessons like that in any religious text, and rules for treating others with decency in any society, religious or not. There's even rules like that here, which you didn't bother to read or you wouldn't be playing a martyr on this topic. I was trying to find a commonality where we could both relate by putting it in your terms, but go off I guess.

"

Sounds about right. I'll only listen to the message if it's from a messenger I want.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"

2 Timothy 3: 16. 

We're simply rebuking you with your own scripture. 

Or you don't believe god is capable of showing you truths through us apostates? God is incapable of using us to give you a lesson? 

I mean, I and many of us here certainly don't, because we don't believe god exists. But you do. And since you're obviously Christian, you probably believe in an all powerful god, Which means god is perfectly capable of giving you these lessons in humility through an ex-christian forum. 

But I'm sure you'll deny it somehow. Say god isn't choosing to use us dirty atheists to teach you anything, because obviously, you know the complete and whole truth and don't need any correction at all. 

• Like 2

if you really are an Xian, you're one sad mother fucker

And you have a very limited vocabulary.

you are fu(king hilarious.....and a complete idiot!

Glad to have brightened up your day. Keep the insults going, you are showing just how defensive you people can get over your beliefs.

Say god isn't choosing to use us dirty atheists to teach you anything.

If there's one thing I can be ABSOLUTELY sure of, even beyond the idea that there is a God, is that God most definitely wouldn't be using a bunch of potty-mouthed, occasionally intelligent but mostly infantile atheists to teach me anything. Once again you people resort to the only cheap tactic in your armoury, and that is to turn the religion back onto the believer to make him or her look like a bad person. A religion which you have apostasized from! Now that is hilarious.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Paul gets offended by dirty words, but god ordering the slaying the Amalekites, drowning the human race and condemning people to eternal torture is peachy. Not ironically, that's the fruit of the spirit he grows; immoral peaches. 

• Like 2

Glad to have brightened up your day. Keep the insults going, you are showing just how defensive you people can get over your beliefs.

If there's one thing I can be ABSOLUTELY sure of, even beyond the idea that there is a God, is that God most definitely wouldn't be using a bunch of potty-mouthed, occasionally intelligent but mostly infantile atheists to teach me anything. Once again you people resort to the only cheap tactic in your armoury, and that is to turn the religion back onto the believer to make him or her look like a bad person. A religion which you have apostasized from! Now that is hilarious.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Yes. Being brainwashed from birth into the xtian cult and spending over 40 years of my time, energy and money in same never able to reconcile the supernatural claims to reality thinking through what I am told under threat of eternal burning and damnation, I'mean defensive!? You, sir, are extraordinarily blinded by fear...period.

Wake up before you throw away the remainder of your life on the plaugerized mythology, lies, deceit, manipulation, and threats that are your holy book and religion. Try some reciprocity for a change! Many/Most of us have ALREADY spent decades of the best and most formative years of our lives in service to your cult. Now, how about some reciprocity from you! Ya, didn't think your arrogance would allow you to reciprocate. You are too desparate for friends so you sacrifice your intellect so you can belong somewhere. How sad.

• Like 1

So glad you and god are so close that you know his intentions. Not even most prophets would lay that claim to fame.

Paul, do you really have 'best wishes' for us. I'm just not feelin it. :)

• Like 2

So glad you and god are so close that you know his intentions. Not even most prophets would lay that claim to fame.

Oh believe me, Paul knows his God better than anybody else on Earth.  Almost as if Paul invented his God.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 2

mymistake, I am getting that distinct vibe from him as well ;)

I can't get over how Christians come to these forums to pick fights with us when they could be in Iraq fighting people that really hate them like ISIS.

• Like 1

Best wishes,

Paul.

Come on, if you're going to troll us at least do a better job... This is just pathetic...

Waits for Jesus to do something to prove Paul right about his belief system. Jesus? Got anything to say?

• Like 1

You are just a stinking hypocrite. And don't try to make this into some sort of Pagan thing. The Pagans were still worshipping gods and deities.

Fact is, you are celebrating Christmas, yet you are an ex-Christian. These non-beliefs of yours are seemingly not worth making a show over. Your table talk tactic is rather pathetic and mealy-mouthed.

Best wishes,

Paul.

12341045_995642047176947_250084569021227

• Like 3

Back to the OP, smile.png  I have been hosting our extended fundagelical family's Christmas dinner for a few years now. That way, I avoid the morning's Bible seances, plays, and interpretive dances, all of which will occur at the parents-in-law's house....while I am madly cooking up a storm at my house. biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png  Yep, absence by design, folks.

Other than that, I hosted a big Winter Solstice party (an annual event) which draws 50-80 friends each year. The house was decorated in a pagan/Yule/earthy theme.

Win, and win. clap.gif

• Like 1

Back to the OP, :) I have been hosting our extended fundagelical family's Christmas dinner for a few years now. That way, I avoid the morning's Bible seances, plays, and interpretive dances, all of which will occur at the parents-in-law's house....while I am madly cooking up a storm at my house. :D :D :D Yep, absence by design, folks.

Other than that, I hosted a big Winter Solstice party (an annual event) which draws 50-80 friends each year. The house was decorated in a pagan/Yule/earthy theme.

Win, and win. :clap:

Your Winter Solstice party sounds awesome! :-)

I'm taking a similar approach, having my fundy family over for Christmas dinner and I'm in charge of getting the food etc. Granted none of them know about my recent departure from the faith but at least I have my little brother to share eye rolls with during the prayer of thanks, etc.

...at least I have my little brother to share eye rolls with during the prayer of thanks, etc.

Yep!! Too fun. I also like to make faces at the nieces and nephews during prayer. They can't complain or everyone knows they were peeking. He he he. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif