Goodbye Jesus

Christmas Is Here!

aboveandbeyond

I personally think it would be the bestest Christmas present ever to see Paul get the left foot of fellowship. We all can see what he is.

On the other hand, as irritating as the little shit-for-brains is, he's really doing a great service reminding us and showing lurkers what some bits of Christianity are like, and bringing out a lot of great info from the rest of you about the ridiculousness of Christmas as a religious holiday.  It's almost like he's on our side with his efforts, right?

Sincere believer, poe, troll, or whatever he is, you have to admit he's done very good by us in that way. I could almost thank him under other circumstances.  

I would vote to contain him to the Den though.  He ignores a quite serious warning from a mod, and that indicates to me that he has no respect for this site or anyone on it.   I for one don't need to see him popping in to insult and derail at his leisure anywhere else on this site.

• Like 2

I've not been on here that long, but it's frustrating to have a jerk interrupt a conversation. If he was saying anything of substance it might be different. But to try to dodge insults makes it less of a safe place to share. I vote to kick "Paul" off.

I'll... third that? ????

• Super Moderator

Thank you all for your feedback regarding Paul.  We should now be able to get through the holidays without being bothered by him again.

There was a lot of great info posted in rebuttal to Paul's comments.  And like Dude said ^:

"...as irritating as the little shit-for-brains is, he's really doing a great service reminding us and showing lurkers what some bits of Christianity are like, and bringing out a lot of great info from the rest of you about the ridiculousness of Christmas as a religious holiday.  It's almost like he's on our side with his efforts, right?

Sincere believer, poe, troll, or whatever he is, you have to admit he's done very good by us in that way. I could almost thank him under other circumstances." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Paul---

From the Terms of Service, 

These forums exist for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion behind. It is not an open challenge to Christians to avenge what they perceive as an offense against their beliefs.

Respect that if you ever want to post here again.

-Best Wishes

buffettphan

Moderator/Rants & Replies

• Super Moderator

My son's birthday is December 23 (which also happens to be Festivus Day), so we have always had extra big holiday celebrations.  This year, we (Son, DiL, 2 grandkids, DH and I) will have lunch together and then go to see Star Wars.  The original Star Wars came out when I was pregnant with him and we've never missed a single one of them.  biggrin.png   

Family, friends, small get-togethers, and parties -- all with good food and drink.  Eat, drink, and be merry! 68.gif

I personally think it would be the bestest Christmas present ever to see Paul get the left foot of fellowship. We all can see what he is.

On the other hand, as irritating as the little shit-for-brains is, he's really doing a great service reminding us and showing lurkers what some bits of Christianity are like, and bringing out a lot of great info from the rest of you about the ridiculousness of Christmas as a religious holiday.  It's almost like he's on our side with his efforts, right?

Sincere believer, poe, troll, or whatever he is, you have to admit he's done very good by us in that way. I could almost thank him under other circumstances.  

I would vote to contain him to the Den though.  He ignores a quite serious warning from a mod, and that indicates to me that he has no respect for this site or anyone on it.   I for one don't need to see him popping in to insult and derail at his leisure anywhere else on this site.

Many Christians are their own enemy. People are being driven from religion in droves, the statistics don't lie and I believe people like Paul and their responses to any challenge to their faith are one of the reasons why.

• Like 1

Three cheers for Buffettphan!!  May all of your wishes around the Festivus pole come true, and may your airing of grievances be merry!

Guest Furball

(together with strong historical evidence of the event from non-Christian sources), makes the Bible and the Christian story rock solid. 

So where is all this "strong historical evidence?" 

It is too bad he was knocked off here, I would have loved to see him answer his own false statement. 

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS: Archeology proves the bible (never provides archaeological evidence)

Historical evidence proves the bible (never provides any historical evidence)

Outside sources proves the bible (never provides outside sources for evidence)

Archeology, history, and outside sources only condemn the religion of christianity, it's god and all claims of a resurrection. It serves to prove that the believer's faith is in the imaginary, and nothing concrete. If paul's statement that there is "strong historical evidence" is true, then there would be no need to have faith at all. Faith is not needed where evidence exists. I saw nothing in his arguments that I see in all his others: deflection of responsibility on his part to provide factual evidence to verify his imaginary, unverifiable claims to possessing the "truth." 

Guest Furball

You are just a stinking hypocrite. And don't try to make this into some sort of Pagan thing. The Pagans were still worshipping gods and deities.

Fact is, you are celebrating Christmas, yet you are an ex-Christian. These non-beliefs of yours are seemingly not worth making a show over. Your table talk tactic is rather pathetic and mealy-mouthed.

Best wishes,

Paul.

12341045_995642047176947_250084569021227

10449530_517509008418764_301665835955939

It is too bad he was knocked off here, I would have loved to see him answer his own false statement. 

That was never going to happen.  Paul didn't answer questions.  Having the Holy Spirit dwelling in their hearts puts them above all our questions.  jesus.gif

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

That was never going to happen.  Paul didn't answer questions.  Having the Holy Spirit dwelling in their hearts puts them above all our questions.  jesus.gif

Exactly!

• Super Moderator

Three cheers for Buffettphan!!  May all of your wishes around the Festivus pole come true, and may your airing of grievances be merry!

Thanks dude.  I expect to have a great Festivus Day.  Hope you do too!

I hope everyone of you have had a fantastic Christmas! We are still celebrating this week! Oh dear, I must get the treadmill ready for the coming new year!! Lol woohoo.gif

Merry x-mas and Happy holidays to you all! And thanks to everyone of you who have helped me in the last 5 years! kiss.gif

Love and hugs!