Goodbye Jesus

Asatru Rollcall

Emperor Norton II

Yo! I'm calling out to any members of ex-christian who're asatru- I'd like to speak to someone about it.

This is Thurisaz' and Andreas Bolle's thread - heed the horn-call, brothers!

I would raise my hand but I am more of a Deist in reality. Asatru holds much magic for me but I cannot honestly believe in the Germanic pantheon; I do not acknowledge any gods named by men since there is no proof of any having ever revealed themselves. But I have and do study Asatru and still find much in it that resonates with me (but I can say the same for all Indo-European religions), so if I can help with anything, let me know.

**raises hand** I'm here.

Though I'm still learning, feel free to ask. I'll answer to the best of my ability

(raises hand) I tend to syncretism and skepticism at times, but I do consider myself one of the Asatruar.

I just noticed that Thurisaz is here right now.

I sent him a PM with a link to this thread. :grin:

*pats self on back*

This is Thurisaz' and Andreas Bolle's thread - heed the horn-call, brothers!

Yup. what's up? ;)

I just noticed that Thurisaz is here right now.

I sent him a PM with a link to this thread. :grin:

*pats self on back*

Good job Fwee... *sends virtual cheese Fwee's way*

(quick thought) Oh well...

*and a virtual mead horn too ;) *

I've been to a couple of Heathen meetings and blots but consider myself a general pantheist really. By the way, do you prefer to be called asatruar or Skertruar of Heathens or Odinists, Thorists, Germanic pagans, Northern Traditionists or what? I actually prefer the term Heathen as some I know worship the Vaner as well as the Aeser. Asatru to me implies reverence only of the Aeser.

:vent:Send more mead!!! :vent:

This German cheese sucks! :woopsie:

:HaHa:

Hey, Switzerland is close to Gemany... it all depends on where our cheese is made ;)

*rolls a barrel of mead to the post office...*

I actually prefer the term Heathen as some I know worship the Vaner as well as the Aeser. Asatru to me implies reverence only of the Aeser.

If we want to be very strict then you're right - while the Vanir don't play that much of a role in my version of the faith, the term "Asatruar" implies that one doesn't care for them at all.

That said, heathen is a good, very descriptive term ;)