Goodbye Jesus

What Is An Ex-christian?

Raphael

An ex-christian is someone who's identity is wrapped up in the belief that they don't believe in bible god anymore.

I for one do not want that label or wish to be labeled an ex christian.

Deconverting is just part of a journey, why should I wholey identify with one part of an ongoing journey.

An ex christian is not who I am. Sure it's a part of me but fuck people seem to feel secure in having some form of identity, a grounding of sorts I suspect.

It's like saying I'm a plasterer. No my job is a plasterer. It's not the complete me is it.

It all depends on how much you choose to accept the identity isn't it ?

But that's us humans, we classify to give us substance. To create a structured form of ourselves within reality, much like our bodies defines our form in the 3 dimensional realm so to me identities defines ourselves in our minds and in the minds of others.

I'm currently agnostic. I was raised Lutheran Mo. Synod. I've realized that the Bible is just a myth. I don't think there is a religion on this planet that isn't based on a myth, but some are more harmful than others.

I researched Gnosticism for a while when I was deconverting, but found that I couldn't literally believe in it anymore than I could literally believe in anything else without evidence.

I would say I'm an ex-christian in the same way other people are recovering alcoholic. Certainly, I don't call myself such in the "real world" but this is a support site and as such, I accept this label as a way to show I am part of this community...

IMOHO

I'm and have been here ages ago, an eccentric Ex-Christian. Was checking up here to see what has been going on, when the name ... 'Raphael' caught my attention.

That is because my favorite music is 'New Age' and there is a great Musician named 'Raphael' with which in irrony to me has ... (I'm abit infering by some writen discription on these Albums I've got of ... 'Raphael')

... 'Music to disappear in'

... 'aNgeLs of tHe DeeP'

... 'aNgeLs of tHe Deep' Is Out Of This World! I Love it, but the Titles to the Musical Pieces seem ... (???) Yes! (From a Christian Background.)

Like what's here ... (???)

I'm Agnostic. I don't see evidence of God, but the bit on Intelligent Design has caused me to wounder a bit. I had to get away from this place back since October, because I am eccentric to lifestyles here at times.

Nimbus ~ I chose Raphael because I read of him as one of the 4 arch-angels; the other 3 are Michael, Gabriel and Phanuel. Raphael's charge is to the healing of the souls.

When I saw "Angels in the Deep" ~ that caught MY attention!

I just got back from doing a general search on the name and found out ~

There was a High Renaissanse Italian artist by that name the painted mostly Madonnas!!!

I really want to hear some music to disappear in ~ any audio links?

Nice to meet you ~ Raphael

Thanks again for all your imput you guys. I am really enjoying myself here. I may throw out some bizzare stuff at times; but I do think it's important for us all to be secure in what we believe in; whatever that may be, without feeling the need to push it on anyone else. Then the conversation really gets fun! You've all be great...so far. ~ later

Here is some Links ...

valley-entertainment.com Labels from Hearts Of Space Page 2

music to disappear in

aNgeLs of tHe DeeP

And by the way, my name is ... Michael

Greetings Michael ~ Thank you for the links.

I've always been interested in the supernatural. Even as a child I had cool dreams of being able to fly. I couldn't wait to go to sleep!

I'm curious as to your view of things unseen ~ Raphael

You've all be great...so far. ~ later

LOL I'm glad we meet your approval...so far.

Nimbus ~ I chose Raphael because I read of him as one of the 4 arch-angels; the other 3 are Michael, Gabriel and Phanuel. Raphael's charge is to the healing of the souls.

When I saw "Angels in the Deep" ~ that caught MY attention!

I just got back from doing a general search on the name and found out ~

There was a High Renaissanse Italian artist by that name the painted mostly Madonnas!!!

I really want to hear some music to disappear in ~ any audio links?

Nice to meet you ~ Raphael

Thanks again for all your imput you guys. I am really enjoying myself here. I may throw out some bizzare stuff at times; but I do think it's important for us all to be secure in what we believe in; whatever that may be, without feeling the need to push it on anyone else. Then the conversation really gets fun! You've all be great...so far. ~ later

Raffaello Santi or Raffaello Sanzio in Urbino, Raphael is the English name. Painters of that time painted Christian themes because they were a paying gig.

Taph

The one I saw was Sanzio. Did Santi paint similar stuff? I'm not familiar with art history and didn't know 'till now that there was a High Renaissance period; which was described as an explosion of creativity. I'll try to find time to check it out a little more. I guess it doesn't matter what these guys painted, they were the Masters.

• 3 years later...
  • Admin

Bump

Archived