Goodbye Jesus

Okay, This Just Pisses Me Off..

Mad Ethel Rakem

This quote was taken from a link I got from the "Boundless" website (Boundless is a Christian newslatter thing). It says:

"Women naturally hate abortion; it wars against their identity on the most fundamental levels (mothers, nurturers, even sexual partners)." (Here be the link)

That's one of the big things that ticks me off about Christianity. No matter how well-meaning they think they're being, the idea that--because I have different hormones and internal sexual organs--I am a nurturer and would make an excellent mother is freaking idiotic. I can't keep a gold fish alive. I kill houseplants. What the frell makes them think that a fundamental part of my identity is to nurture broodlings (or anything else)? I don't raise/nurture/comfort things. I tend to break them. Usually accidentally, but still.

Ugh!

It was the same thing with that "Above Rubies" (or something like that) newsletter. That their god determines that the highest calling for females is to punch out broodlings! :screams: Screw them, AND their religion!

That's one of the big things that ticks me off about Christianity. No matter how well-meaning they think they're being, the idea that--because I have different hormones and internal sexual organs--I am a nurturer and would make an excellent mother is freaking idiotic. I can't keep a gold fish alive. I kill houseplants. What the frell makes them think that a fundamental part of my identity is to nurture broodlings (or anything else)? I don't raise/nurture/comfort things. I tend to break them. Usually accidentally, but still.

If you would just sit down and say The Sinner's Prayer™, and ask Jesus into your heart, this wouldn't be a problem for you. :mellow:

well for most xtians every member into their cult is in their mind another point for them. so of course they want you pumping out kids. because thats the only way their going to try to get a "christian nation" run by xtians. Math Time 1 xtian born=1 more xtian vote in 18 years. 1 xitian times 7 kids=7 more vote for thir favor. Moral of the story dont let them use you for their sick ideas.

edited for miss spells

Reminds me of the time I shared my detailed "testimony" with a small group at church. It included some things about my childhood (emotional neglect/lack of nurturing is a biggie). The next day, while I was talking to one of the ladies that was there, she suddenly spouted "You'd make a good mother". I was rather startled and didn't comment, but as I thought about it afterwards it made me mad. I had shared deeply with her and the group on private things that had happened to me, and (of course) how Jesus had helped me deal with the past. Her response, I feel, was to reassure me that I could be "normal" and fullfill the proscribed aim of womanhood by marrying and bearing children. Now, she didn't even ask me if I wanted children (I didn't then, nor do I now), but assumed that was the role I would desire. I realize this lady thought she was encouraging me, but she actually had the opposite effect on me. I consider this one more brick in the wall towards my eventual deconversion, as I recognized I would not be considered an individual with different opinions or goals from the group.

That's what's neat about Christians; they know everything! They know your mind better than you do, cause they got the book with the answers. That's how they know I'm not REALLY an atheist, because there is no such thing!

This quote was taken from a link I got from the "Boundless" website (Boundless is a Christian newslatter thing). It says:

"Women naturally hate abortion; it wars against their identity on the most fundamental levels (mothers, nurturers, even sexual partners)." (Here be the link)

Ugh!

It was the same thing with that "Above Rubies" (or something like that) newsletter. That their god determines that the highest calling for females is to punch out broodlings! :screams: Screw them, AND their religion!

Its that objective morality and truth crap. I don't see how any woman could put up with such nonsense. Xtians won't ever understand that people are different.

I knew that I didn't have much patience of kids when I was one myself so stuff like that annouys me as well. We just got to remember that the bible comes from a time when women were nothing more than object to be bought and sold.

Another thing i don't like is how they assume that females have no sex drive and are these delicate flowers while guys are nothing more than sex-obsessed brutes. *cough*Returning to Modesty*cough*

Women = breeders link has always bothered me as well. It was always other women attempting to push it. I always wondered if it wasn’t a subset of the misery loves company group. Between 19 to 30, every woman I met asked if I had kids. I would say no, and that I am not interested in having children. Their reply?…You will change your mind. Errrrrr

From 31 to now (34 almost 35) the answer is… why don’t you see a doctor about it?

In the first case you don’t know what you want and the second you are a liar, covering for a failed biological function.

This always struck me as being based in the cultural norms set by the early puritans. Women as the dutiful house wife, men in comand; still followed by the evangelicals/fundimentalists and enforced by their power over the flocks petty whims. Turning them against an enemy, be it homosexuals or women who do not chose the role their faith feeds them, so they ignore the very faith they follow. Believing only what the preacher tells them the book says.

Opps sorry drunken rant moment.

Hmm. My family says that too, to my sisters and I. "Oh, you say you don't want kids, but that'll change. Or you'll have an 'accident' *chuckle*"

Please. Good things "accidents" are so easy to correct. :jesus:

Or let's not forget these lovely lines...

-"My husband was like you, but he changed his mind." (Well good for him.)

-"It'll be different when you have your own." (Yeah, maybe I'll hate the kid even more.)

-"Children are our future." (And what are you? Chopped liver?)

I despise people who try to tell me what I think. Or what I'll do in the future. I once had some dumb fucker tell me last year that I was "too young to know what I want at 21". Same dumb fucker kept telling me "Oh, you'll change your mind", "Lots of women say they don't want kids", and "How can you be so selfish??" :Wendywhatever::loser:

Not surprisingly, Dumb Fucker was a male. EVERY person involved in that particular thread, espousing those same views, was a male. Apparently, women are too dull and stupid to know what they really want, so they need a big, strong male to tell them what to do and think.

All of the ladies involved kept telling them to shut their traps :HaHa:

Actually the sad thing is, many of the authors in Above Rubies (how I LOATHE that thing!) are female. Kind of depressing. I wish to hit them with a soggy, dead fish. Something about the irony in that amuses me.

Not surprisingly, Dumb Fucker was a male. EVERY person involved in that particular thread, espousing those same views, was a male. Apparently, women are too dull and stupid to know what they really want, so they need a big, strong male to tell them what to do and think.

I hate people like that. Those who feel they know best and claim that their holy book gives them the authority to lord over everyone else's life. I am glad to be out of that idiocy.

That's what's neat about Christians; they know everything! They know your mind better than you do, cause they got the book with the answers. That's how they know I'm not REALLY an atheist, because there is no such thing!

I have often found that its Xians that do not understand other religions. If you ask Buddists what Christianity is, they can tell you bible and verse more about the teachings of Xianity than Xians. The same holds true for Wiccans and all other religious sectors. Xians like to be ignorant. They like staying in that self-induced haze they fashion for themselves so they can avoid reality -- reality being that too many Xians don't walk the path prescribed to them.

I don't know if any of you saw Trading Spouses on Friday night but it was a rerun with a christian woman from Louisianna who was ranting and raving like a lunatic when she got back from being in a New Age household for a week. Marguarite Perrin -- the bobblehead woman. She killed me. Some folks on the boards there said they were scared. I just cracked up laughing because this woman embodies everything I have found from most Xians in my life time. The fanatical, judgmental, self-righteous rants that make you just shake your head and think, "And just when you thought people could not get less educated, along comes...."

This woman had a tyrate when she met a psychic. And the thought of Astrology or the Tarot sent her into convulsions. Literally.

Now if that wasn't someone who was very unstable in their religious beliefs, I don't know what is...

In her show, she dubbed herself as the God Warrior.

With a lunatic that on your side, who can win? She's a real... :loser:

I hate people like that. Those who feel they know best and claim that their holy book gives them the authority to lord over everyone else's life. I am glad to be out of that idiocy.

Funny how Xians take the bible in literal sense... not to mention that the bible was created by a very elaborate (and the first) game of telephone I have ever seen. The bible totally admolishes women as having any thought without a man to tell her where, what, how and when it will go down. Just ridiculous. Most Xians like to keep their men stupid and the women pregnant and stupid-er...

I have often found that its Xians that do not understand other religions. If you ask Buddists what Christianity is, they can tell you bible and verse more about the teachings of Xianity than Xians. The same holds true for Wiccans and all other religious sectors. Xians like to be ignorant. They like staying in that self-induced haze they fashion for themselves so they can avoid reality -- reality being that too many Xians don't walk the path prescribed to them.

I don't know if any of you saw Trading Spouses on Friday night but it was a rerun with a christian woman from Louisianna who was ranting and raving like a lunatic when she got back from being in a New Age household for a week. Marguarite Perrin -- the bobblehead woman. She killed me. Some folks on the boards there said they were scared. I just cracked up laughing because this woman embodies everything I have found from most Xians in my life time. The fanatical, judgmental, self-righteous rants that make you just shake your head and think, "And just when you thought people could not get less educated, along comes...."

This woman had a tyrate when she met a psychic. And the thought of Astrology or the Tarot sent her into convulsions. Literally.

Now if that wasn't someone who was very unstable in their religious beliefs, I don't know what is...

In her show, she dubbed herself as the God Warrior.

With a lunatic that on your side, who can win? She's a real... :loser:

Funny how Xians take the bible in literal sense... not to mention that the bible was created by a very elaborate (and the first) game of telephone I have ever seen. The bible totally ignore women as having any thoughts, feelings or beliefs without a man to tell her where, what, how and when it will go down. Just ridiculous. Most Xians like to keep their men stupid and the women pregnant and stupid-er...

Ugh!

You should never put a limit on what God can do in your life. He will turn you into a wonderful woman. You just need to be filled with the Holy ..............

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

No, no - just kidding. You got a good reason to be pissed off. Those Christians do not love people. They make small boxes for people to live in, and then they do their best to try to make people fit into their system.

You know, I've had something similar happen to me. Last summer, my parents hosted their friends' 50th anniversary and all the people from their church came (the fundy Lutheran one). I was there too.

Several people actually said to me "if you had children, your personality would really blossom!"

:Doh: So there's something wrong with my personality, apparently. Why is it that everyone assums there's something wrong with introverted people?

But more importantly, I'm still single! I still have to find a guy! And those people aren't even related to me. I haven't seen them in several years. They don't know me anymore. They may think they do, but they don't.

Honestly, I don't even know if I would want to have kids in today's world. With all the cults, terrorists, etc. in the world, it's not really a good place to bring up kids anymore.

And it takes a lot of money to raise kids today. I have a good job now, and my contract just got renewed, but there's still very little job security in today's world. Having kids is a huge responsibility. It's not something that I would do without serious thought and planning.

You know, I've had something similar happen to me. Last summer, my parents hosted their friends' 50th anniversary and all the people from their church came (the fundy Lutheran one). I was there too.

Several people actually said to me "if you had children, your personality would really blossom!"

:Doh: So there's something wrong with my personality, apparently. Why is it that everyone assums there's something wrong with introverted people?

But more importantly, I'm still single! I still have to find a guy! And those people aren't even related to me. I haven't seen them in several years. They don't know me anymore. They may think they do, but they don't.

Honestly, I don't even know if I would want to have kids in today's world. With all the cults, terrorists, etc. in the world, it's not really a good place to bring up kids anymore.

And it takes a lot of money to raise kids today. I have a good job now, and my contract just got renewed, but there's still very little job security in today's world. Having kids is a huge responsibility. It's not something that I would do without serious thought and planning.

Isn't it strange that you can be considered a nobody until you have children? I sometimes think that's the same way fundigelicals view you if you don't get married. Gotta have a man around to "wind the clocks and lock the doors" (I actually remember reading that phrase in some Christian book, maybe by Elisabeth Elliot?).

To sum up this entire thread: In the church, your womb is everyone's business.

Isn't it strange that you can be considered a nobody until you have children? I sometimes think that's the same way fundigelicals view you if you don't get married. Gotta have a man around to "wind the clocks and lock the doors" (I actually remember reading that phrase in some Christian book, maybe by Elisabeth Elliot?).

To sum up this entire thread: In the church, your womb is everyone's business.

Yeah. There is an old Frank Sinatra song that goes "You're nobody until somebody loves you." Personally, I think that's BS. But it seems that a lot of fundies have that mentality. At least, my parents aren't harping on me to have kids.

Yeah. There is an old Frank Sinatra song that goes "You're nobody until somebody loves you." Personally, I think that's BS. But it seems that a lot of fundies have that mentality. At least, my parents aren't harping on me to have kids.

When it comes to Sinatra, I prefer "My Way".

I can't keep a gold fish alive. I kill houseplants.

May I suggest buying some bamboo plants? Sometimes I forget about them for 2 months and there they are, still alive. I've had one of them for the last three years. You don't need soil or plant food, just have to fill up the dish with wather. Done and done.

I think if I had an accident at a time when I could support a kid I'd go through with it. Now? Forget it. That's the great thing about having a choice though. People can pick when the best time is for them do to something like have a kid. I find the anti-abortion people codescending. They seem to think they know more about life than someone who has to stuggle with tough decisions like having an abortion.

You go girl. I also hate that line that says that having a kid teaches you to be an adult. It's personal responcibility, maturity, and a good head on your shoulders that makes you an adult.

well for most xtians every member into their cult is in their mind another point for them.

So whose keeping score? Moses?