Goodbye Jesus

Christians Encourge Us To Hate Gays

Mike D

I was just reading that some Christians are starting a day in US high schools called "A day of Truth". This is being promoted by the Alliance Defense Fund, one of the many fundy Christian groups out there who are outraged that gays and lesbians don't want to be victims of violence and persecution because of who they are.

Anyway, "A Day of Truth" is to counter "A Day of Silence," which was started a few years ago by Gays and Lesbians to protest the harrassment and anti-gay treatment they received in school. And as we all know, someone who doesn't want to be harrassed must have an "agenda" and obviously a very sinister one at that! Here's what the "A Day of Truth" website has to say about it:

The Day of Truth was established to counter the promotion of the homosexual agenda and express an opposing viewpoint from a Christian perspective.

In the past, students who have attempted to speak against the promotion of the homosexual agenda have been censored or, in some cases, punished for their beliefs. It is important that students stand up for their First Amendment right to hear and speak the Truth about human sexuality in order to protect that freedom for future generations. The Day of Truth provides an opportunity to publicly exercise our free speech rights.

Participating students are encouraged to wear T-shirts and pass out cards (not during class time) with the following message:

I am speaking the Truth to break the silence.

Silence isn’t freedom. It’s a constraint.

Truth tolerates open discussion, because the Truth emerges when healthy discourse is allowed.

By proclaiming the Truth in love, hurts will be halted, hearts will be healed, and lives will be saved.

The Day of Truth is scheduled for April 27, 2006. This is the day after GLSEN (The Gay, Lesbian, Straight Educational Network) will sponsor the "Day of Silence." GLSEN’s Day of Silence encourages students to remain silent throughout the day. It is part of their overall strategy to change how our society perceives homosexual behavior. But the Day of Silence is a misnomer, because what is truly being silenced is the Truth.

The reason shit like this pisses me off so much is that these are just kids who don't want to be beat up, spit on, pushed, shoved, kicked, etc., because of who they are. Yet these "loving, compassionate, decent" Christians come along and call this an "agenda", as if there is something diabolical and evil about wanting to be left alone and not harrassed :vent:

Here's their website: http://www.dayoftruth.org/about/default.aspx

Good idea.

Maybe we can also have "Days of Truth" promoting segregation (or even downright slavery) - and promoting the subservience of women - "Why women never should have gotten the vote".

People have the right to think prejudiced thoughts, but society's in big trouble when we promote those thoughts in our schools or other public places.

Truth tolerates open discussion, because the Truth emerges when healthy discourse is allowed.

By proclaiming the Truth in love, hurts will be halted, hearts will be healed, and lives will be saved.

These are the cards people are encouraged to give out during that day.

Interesting, because they don't speak truth, they speak faith.

Maybe we can also have "Days of Truth" promoting segregation (or even downright slavery) - and promoting the subservience of women - "Why women never should have gotten the vote".

Exactly. I like how they always just stick with the safe targets like homosexuals, I guess because they are the smallest minority and easy to pick on...

Interesting, because they don't speak truth, they speak faith.[/b]

Well, they are one step ahead of you there, this is taken from their "hostile questions" page:

How do you know your “truth” is the absolute truth? Isn’t truth a relative term?

Jesus Christ said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In over one hundred passages in the four gospel accounts of Christ’s life, He either begins with the phrase, “I tell you the truth…” or identifies Himself as the source of revealed truth. As Christians, this provides us with the assurance that Christ is the one and only source of Truth of God.

When there is no standard for truth - when truth means different things to different people - the consequences can be tragic. Most people would agree that the commandment from God, “Thou shalt not kill” is truth. But what happens if someone rejects that as truth, and their “truth” allows them to engage in the killing of innocent human beings? We are simply pointing to what our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, recognize: that there are absolute truths, and that such truth comes from our Creator, God.

In other words, this is truth because we say so :HaHa:

I agree with you thought, they should really make them prove their case if they are going to use the word "truth"...

As followers of Jesus Christ, we cannot sit idly by while someone is trapped in sinful behavior that separates him or her from God. We must be able to show people their need for a relationship with Jesus Christ, which often comes through illuminating the sinfulness of their behavior that separates them from their loving God.

How incredibly arrogant, presumptuous, and obnoxious! :thanks:

What bothers me is that they say "behavior" as if gays "behave" in a way that isn't like other people. They separate gays as though they are different from everyone else, and therefore take away a person's humanity. They are saying, "it's all right to view gays as bad because they aren't like us." I view this as hate speach.

Taph

The Day of Truth is scheduled for April 27, 2006

Do believe I'll have a "Day at the Range" that day.

Can't do anything for those hurt by bigots and haters, but sure the fuck can help prevent many more statistics becoming generated by the hate and fear fongers.

"Give your loved ones the Gift of Self Protection."

k, fuckin' mad anyway, L

Exactly. I like how they always just stick with the safe targets like homosexuals, I guess because they are the smallest minority and easy to pick on...

Safe targets that tap people's fears are exactly what they're going after. Both Jesus and Paul forbid divorce, yet you don't see many fundies attacking divorced people (yet) because it's not safe or popular to do so. They're saving those sinners for later after they've beaten back the gays and feminists.

Wow, what a bunch of quivering pussies. Is this it, they have to resort to open-ended statements that can be easily misinterpreted? Just. Fuckin. Say it, you retarded sister fuckers. The card that they pass out to people is so ambiguous if someone gave it to me I would think cool, a pack of Buddhists promoting peace. The lack of explicit purpose leads me to believe they are the ones with the agenda. I hope no one actually starts listening to their bullshit because the card has the words love and healthy printed on it. It's cheap bait. In 2 months the "healthy discourse" is going to be "JAEASUS IS GONNA BURN THEM LESBIONS IN HAYLL!!!"

Oh, and the gay agenda? Wow, I know what they mean totally. I see them all the time in boy's town. The nerve of those sissies! They expect people to stand by and watch them walk to the wine shop in their matching Dolce & Gabbana scarves? We don't want to see it, no sir :nono:

You know what I love is hearing people saying something as inclusive as I don't care what they do, I just don't want to see it. I wonder what the fall out would be if ONE lesiban or gay guy said that. And you know what, they would have a fuckin point. What is it with hetero people that kiss in public? I don't care if people show affection, but it just seems that the people who stand in the middle of a crowded sidewalk ALWAYS kiss like crack monkeys. It's a violent clash of the tongues and grabby arms, the whole thing looks ridiculous.

How do you know your “truth” is the absolute truth? Isn’t truth a relative term?

Jesus Christ said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). In over one hundred passages in the four gospel accounts of Christ’s life, He either begins with the phrase, “I tell you the truth…” or identifies Himself as the source of revealed truth. As Christians, this provides us with the assurance that Christ is the one and only source of Truth of God.

ack.....must....not....throw...monitor....

*GASP* Hey, look at me everyone I'm telling the truth and it's obviously the truth because I tell the truth!! FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! Aah!!! Retards!!! Morons!!!!

When there is no standard for truth - when truth means different things to different people - the consequences can be tragic. Most people would agree that the commandment from God, “Thou shalt not kill” is truth. But what happens if someone rejects that as truth, and their “truth” allows them to engage in the killing of innocent human beings? We are simply pointing to what our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, recognize: that there are absolute truths, and that such truth comes from our Creator, God.

Gah! Truth is not relative you moron fucks!! Nobody is saying it! But your religious belief is not truth!! You can't say "well the bible says don't kill, so it must be true!" and then turn around and point out how homosexuality is wrong! What the fuck??

Hostile questions my ass...I'll ask them hostile questions..."why are you so stupid?"

GLBT group at my first college had the idea of making the Day of Silence be instead of not talking, they'd wear jeans so pretty much anyone who was wearing jeans that day was in support of them. :grin:

The gay and lesbian community has fought long and hard (no pun intended)

to gain a foothold voice in society and in politics.

Here in Massachusetts Barney Frank comes to mind.

But not one openly atheistic senator, state rep, congressman or in ANY position of any real power or authority.

Atheists should take a page from the gay community,

and learn how to find that crack and wedge ourselves in there.

(Damn those double entendres). :lmao:

But seriously folks, I mean it.

It's all about getting organized, getting politically active.

And we're behind (heh, he said "behind") schedule.

Just some background on me, as I'm new here:

I am 36 now, but grew up blue collar in a largely white small city.

(Which now isn't largely white).

I was surrounded as a teenager by all the usual racist remarks,

and all my "friends" kept to their own and shunned those who wrere different.

Wait a minute, that's what ALL kids do. Why? Because they're immature.

Wait another minute! Isn't that what just about every zealot does too??

Hmmmm.... theory: Religion stagnates the mind's development,

forever locking it into "protect your own and shun those different from you" mode.

Beware of nice little titles like "Day of Truth".

Day of opression, day of brainwashing, day of racism, day of sexism, etc etc.

It's getting harder and harder to tolerate the "goals" or methods of christians,

I'm finding them no better than the muslim fundies on the other side of this small planet.

*sighs* -Greg

Safe targets that tap people's fears are exactly what they're going after. Both Jesus and Paul forbid divorce, yet you don't see many fundies attacking divorced people (yet) because it's not safe or popular to do so. They're saving those sinners for later after they've beaten back the gays and feminists.

Actually, some Catholic Christians *do* freely attack divorced people. Not all, of course. But such people do definitely exist.

All right, that's it - the god damn xtians have officially played the gay card too much. The backlash begins now. :vent:

Fundies, what the fuck is behind all this homophobia shit? Are you afraid you'll turn gay? Do you have 'forbidden' feelings that unsettle you? Do you think making pariahs out of gays will make up for being a closet case?

:david::jerkoff:

Do you even read the fucking bible? Where in the bible does it say that being homo is worse than lying, stealing, killing? It's not even mentioned in the 10 Commandments, nor is it one of the 7 deadly sins. The bible barely mentions homosexuality except in 2 or 3 verses. :scratch:

But how many times does it condemn greed, corruption and the lust for money? Hint - almost EVERY FUCKING PAGE! :screams:

After awhile, the people are going to start wondering what's the deal you guys. Hell, they already are. Is it just that you're afraid, or are you trying to come up with scapegoats? Or both? Either way, your hyper-obession with gays is starting to look very unhealthy. You need fucking therapy, you degenerate freaks. :vtffani:

:eek:

:twitch:

:lmao:

:woohoo:

What HE said! I was going to post some venom, but after AGF's rave out, why bother? Well said, my brother. The cockles of my grim heart are now sufficiently warmed. :fdevil:

Tremendous rant AGF! Really. I thought pretty much along those lines even as a believer. I even quit a church due to it's political efforts in the community to work against gay rights. This faith shit is an evil mind fuck. Those who make up their minds what to believe can't even be swayed by their own scripture. When I was a xtian I would make my friend's eyes cross when telling them that being gay was no greater sin than any other (I'm ashamed now to have ever confused it as sin, but that's par for the course in the reality of the xtian mind). I have such little compassion left for those who "know" they are right.

Do you even read the fucking bible? Where in the bible does it say that being homo is worse than lying, stealing, killing?
It doesn't. :mellow:

That's because homosexuality rates up there with the really big sins like, eatin' shellfish'n stuff. :mellow:

As we all know, if everyone in the world practiced homosexuality and eating shellfish, civilization as we know it would come to such an abrupt end that we'd barely have enough time to comprehend the escaping thought of what our genitalia are actually for. :scratch:

Okay, a prize of 10 million dollars is waiting for whoever can explain to me what I just typed out in that last paragraph up there. :twitch:

The only reason they're targeting gays is.....well, because they can. Little less than forty years ago, it was people who looked like me who were beaten and spat at for wanting equal rights. It was not only acceptable, but mandated by law that we get punished if we went into a white school/neighborhood/store/restaurant/restroom.

Now that the laws have changed and racism is no longer PC (at least not in public), they had to find another group to make the scapegoat. You see, Christianity teaches people to hate themselves since they're supposedly born worthless. And when you hate yourself, you begin to devalue others.

After all, how can you love others, particularly those unlike you, if you can't even love yourself? Christianity dehumanizes everyone who's "different". However, being gay has the distinction of being the only type of "different" that's still okay to publically attack. Their anger is over losing their last outlet for their hostility and once gays are granted rights, there won't be anyone left they can publically bully.

GLBT group at my first college had the idea of making the Day of Silence be instead of not talking, they'd wear jeans so pretty much anyone who was wearing jeans that day was in support of them. :grin:

We did/do that at my school too. :) High school and college. The Christians sued my high school for HAVING an Alliance club after I left and the ACLU got involved and made them look like retards. Remember, I'm from Indiana... this shouldn't surprise you.

Interesting, because they don't speak truth, they speak faith.[/b]

Well, they are one step ahead of you there, this is taken from their "hostile questions" page:

In other words, this is truth because we say so :HaHa:

I agree with you thought, they should really make them prove their case if they are going to use the word "truth"...

You have to understand one thing. The bible is based on a highly elaborate game of telephone. Remember that game when you were in grade school? The one where one person at the head of the line gets a sentence then it's passed through everyone -- by the end, that sentence is so butchered, so fucked up that it is so far from the "true beginning statement" it's ridiculous. Hell, some Christians create their own bibles because they don't like the King James version... The King James version was created by a King (James of course) who wanted to keep the masses in check. So by saying that God and Jesus said all the rules he wanted followed, he was able to calm the "heathens" and have a quiet rule.

It's truly remarkable that people base their "faith" on such a flimsy at best premise.

Xian leaders like to keep their "masses" stupid and procreating. But it's still the biggest cult around!

What HE said! I was going to post some venom, but after AGF's rave out, why bother? Well said, my brother. The cockles of my grim heart are now sufficiently warmed. :fdevil:

Well, I feel a lot better now. :phew:

But seriously, I think it's time to publicly, vocally start throwing this idea out there. Get the idea in people's heads that xtian homophobia is weird, non-biblical and incredibly suspect. Whenever you hear this kind of crap being pushed by the fundies/fanatics, just shake your head and ask other people what the fuck is wrong with them.

Why the hell aren't they out there protesting corporate greed and wrong-doing? The bible orders them to do that!

I totally agree Nirrti. Since xtians are no longer persecuted, they need to find a common enemy as a measure of self justification and to keep the focus of the flock off more dangerous things like what the old testiment says.

When I was growing up the enemy was secular humanists. Now it's gays. Should we start taking bets on which group the next enemy will be?

Both you and AGF are on fire today.

As followers of Jesus Christ, we cannot sit idly by while someone is trapped in sinful behavior that separates him or her from God. We must be able to show people their need for a relationship with Jesus Christ, which often comes through illuminating the sinfulness of their behavior that separates them from their loving God.

How incredibly arrogant, presumptuous, and obnoxious! :thanks:

Yep, on the "Day of Truth" we'll show those heathens their need for Jesus' love whether they like it or not! Sig Heil!

flag204.jpg

I agree, I really don't like that they call it "Day of Truth", when as Asimov pointed out their "truth" is only so much bronze-age mythology written by primitive delusional sheepherders.

I wonder what would they do if some Muslims started a "Day of Truth" in US high schools about the "truths" revealed in the Quran? :Wendywhatever:

I agree, I really don't like that they call it "Day of Truth", when as Asimov pointed out their "truth" is only so much bronze-age mythology written by primitive delusional sheepherders.

I wonder what would they do if some Muslims started a "Day of Truth" in US high schools about the "truths" revealed in the Quran? :Wendywhatever:

Whoo HOO! :grin:

Someone finally responded to something I typed here! :HaHa:

Thanks man. *sniff* Now I feel complete, like a real member 'n stuff.