Goodbye Jesus

God Exists, He Lives In Brussels, And He Is Kind Of A Dick

offtheromanroad

I highly recommend this movie. Go see it if it is shown in a theater near you... it was so good to finally laugh at religion. I hadn't fully realized

I haven't been able to do so in the past.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpR6l5KJog

Great trailer

Looks like it would be pretty funny but I don't like movies where you have to 'read'. I got up and walked out on 'The Passion' because I hated reading it (and I couldn't handle all the blood). I hope they make this one in English. It looks like the movie they made years ago with George Burns playing god. 

Looks like it would be pretty funny but I don't like movies where you have to 'read'. I got up and walked out on 'The Passion' because I hated reading it (and I couldn't handle all the blood). I hope they make this one in English. It looks like the movie they made years ago with George Burns playing god. 

Funny. I often find "foreign" (well, since I'm not an American that technically makes American movies "foreign" to me, but in reality we're so damn Americanized it makes no difference) language films to be among the best, but I guess that's a European thing. French is an awesome language btw, I could listen to it for hours, even though I only understand a few words and phrases.

Love it.  I'm going to have to buy a copy.

The synopsis AND that it's in French sound great. I love, love, love French (I've studied it, don't know enough of it to use it very much, but in my country we get everything subtitled anyway). Now I really need to see this movie! Thanks! yellow.gif

Margee, interesting! I quite like to "read" movies. I just don't like it when I know both languages, I find it distracting. And actually, reading makes me focus more on the word than on the pictures, and that's a con...

Yunea, do they show it in your neck of the woods?

Thanks for reading and writing, everyone!

They did last year, briefly. Meh! So I have to find another way to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhh, I have now seen the movie, made me both laugh and cry. It's now one of my all time favourite movies. Thank you so much for pointing it out to me :)

You are more than welcome, yunea! Isn't it both very touching and hilarious? And very intelligent? I mean all those hints that could easily be overlooked? The fact that Ea can't sit to the right of her father because that seat is taken... The little jar she uses to collect the tears. The fact that a "miracle" is just pure coincidence! I also love that God has to live on fish burgers he finds in the trash.

On another note: the scene where he gets angry and beats his daughter up while the mother is to afraid to do anything is almost too real. So much symbolism or... just plain truth.