Goodbye Jesus

Rick Ross

nivek

Dianka asked "What is Rick Ross, and what is wrong with it/him?"

Not gonna hotlink to his site, don't want that kinda trash hauled in here looking for targets.

Cut and paste h p://www.rickross.org/ and go read up at his organizations site on their mission statements and parameters.

Ross' .org "captures and deprograms" people caught up in to non-xtian "destructive *cults*"

If you are the average fundy or evangelical, you are OK. Anything *else*, you need a good brain washing after you are literally taken off streets or home.

Ross uses techiniques more akin to the Chinese torture of soldiers in Korean War era than "good mental science".

I've run in to some of Ross' "operatives" working, often looking for the same person, or family members out in the field. Less than professional IMN H O, for most part would look good on "Dallas SWAT", they bend and twist the laws to capture and return the "good person captured inside" back to the paying party.

Ross, despite all his websites posturing is ALL about the fucking money. If you use his service(s), you'll be used until you are unable to continue to pay, then your case is cast off.

Not nice people, not a worthwhile person in that bunch.

(This post does not purport to be the opinion of Ex-Chrisitan dot net, its Owner, mangers, or staff.

It is posted as my opinion, borne from experience dealing in similar work as Ross and Company and finding them and results unacceptable.)

kevinL

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I agree! KevinL

I don't have any proof or personal experience of RRoss but I've check out his site and the sites which more or less go along with that particular idea - ie. that you need a cult buster type to deprogram your sorry cult ridden arse! SOme of these perrticular cult buster type web sites (Australian), obviously don't make money from deprogramming, that's more of a US industry imo but I'd guess it gives the individual a certain kind of buzz or ego rush to 'preach' that freedom giving gospel to anyone who happens to sit still on their chatroom.

Question ....

How do I say that without offending people who really truelly believe all that crap. ..Pardon my ignorance...What is an operative.? Is that someone who lurks on the intro bit of a chatroom and puts links to RRoss web?

..............so far I've remained shtoong (german lingo for lips buttoned up)

Oh and another thing.....what about the famous Freedom of Minds - I more or less put that in the same basket of cult buster for hire...I used the book by S.Hassen initially but in the long term I find the whole cult message a wank..that its someone else's fault that I went to church. I perfer to take my own power back! thankyouverymuch.

thanks in advance for your comments.

Ross, despite all his websites posturing is ALL about the fucking money. If you use his service(s), you'll be used until you are unable to continue to pay, then your case is cast off.

Hell, in my opinion, most religious organizations are all about the money.

It's hilarious; they define a "cult" by normal standards right until Xianity is brought into the mix. Then anyone who doesn't accept their flavor of Xianity is a "cultist".

The funny thing is, their religion belongs right in their with the rest, and every Babble-thumping, somersaulting, backflipping, hootin-and-hollerin' fundy church in the States does, too. But they don't see it like that, now do they?

Well, at least it's a few less Scientologists........

Well, at least it's a few less Scientologists........

Good point... :D

The whole problem is over the word cult and how it is used. The Religious Tolerance website doesn't like the negative connotations of the word, and suggests using new religious movement instead, or refering directly to the groups denominational name. They don't even like you to use the word sect, because that may even have negative overtones. http://www.religioustolerance.org/cults.htm While I like the Religious Tolerance site, and find many of their articles useful, I find these strict definitions too PC. It's like, don't call anybody that word, even if they fit the bill!

Dictionary.com defines cult as:

1. a:A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. b:The followers of such a religion or sect.

2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

5. a:Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b:The object of such devotion.

6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cult

This definition covers a lot more territory than the one at Religious Tolerance. The majority of people would say #1 would be the common definition; #2 would pretty much cover all religious systems; #3 sounds like anything done in a group is cultish; #4 provides for the medical quackery community to be labeled a cult; #5 would condemn all true believers, whether religious, political, etc.; and #6 claims what a lot of conservatives believe, that arty/bookish types are a cult. Heck, maybe the human race is one big cult? Are we the "Ex-Christian cult"?

Snookums,

Ross and groups use men and women to investigate, locate, take, and relocate individuals for *reprogramming* according to their standards.

There is a razors cut of difference between what I was involved in, retaking stolen kids and finding adults who for whatever reason needed or wanted to dissapear.

We did not find them for *religious reasons*, as in taking some kid out of his happy_assed_scientology summer kamp and return him to the First Frozen Chosen Baptisimal Dismal Church of Frosted Flakes.

Ross' group finds its way to a lot of easy jobs usually well within the borders of the uS and never cares to make a lot of waves, nor working hard to capture their intended targets.

Company I worked for was hired on after the Rossites tapped a family dry, *almost*, just *almost* recapturing their daughter on the lam.

This had gone on for years, Ross' group demanding more and more meney out of desperate people.

They told family how far their daughter had degenerated and what a lavicious life style she was caught up in, using F E A R to compel the to keep paying.

Ross' bunch was "her only hope".

Afte they went broke, Ross' dot org cast them off, telling them "she was incorrigible and not worth their attentions" and gave the family nothing for the years of bullshit and money stealing.

Team I was assigned to when we got job found her in 48 hours in Mexico sunning herself and two kids on a beach. Seemed she had run off, skipped the border, found a guy, married a mexican national, had kids and was happy.

Oh yeah, and now very mexican catholic

Took some pictures, got her statement and a note to her folks, whom she despised then, and we snuck back home 'cross the Mexican border with the documents in hand.

Didn't do her folks what *they* wanted, but we solved quickly and efficently a mystery that had bothered them for almost six years.

On other jobs where the company has been hired to find kids quite often Rossites and similar are looking for the same persons. Be kinda nice to know this when the paying parties hire us on. Always fun to spend time to find that the person is now in custody of the religious zealots..

Its been our policy to blend in, be inconspiciuos, and try to do job with a minimum of head breaking and gunfire. Not a good thing to start a minor war in the effort to recover people..

I have a face, when shorn tends to blend in to a crowd, few people remember me, save I am a rather large individual.. :)

Is a good thing when you are sneaking around trying to find folks who are doing their best to not be found again..

Exciting part of my work history that I am not too proud of, but damnned happy I got to partake in..

(Again, more assorted ramblings and opinions about the Ross dot org that are totally mine and do not reflect the position of ExC dot net, its owner and staff.)

kevinL

Are we the "Ex-Christian cult"?

Yes, we are. :)

And damn nivek. That's flippin cool you used to do that. Interesting info on these jokers too.

Stupid question, perhaps, but if this Rick Ross guy is abducting people against their will, doesn't that constitute a crime? Why is it that nobody has called the cops yet?

The whole problem is over the word cult and how it is used. The Religious Tolerance website doesn't like the negative connotations of the word, and suggests using new religious movement instead, or refering directly to the groups denominational name. They don't even like you to use the word sect, because that may even have negative overtones. http://www.religioustolerance.org/cults.htm While I like the Religious Tolerance site, and find many of their articles useful, I find these strict definitions too PC. It's like, don't call anybody that word, even if they fit the bill!

Yeah. As for the cult word, I don't use it when I'm around my family or Christian friends, I use the term "manmade religion" instead so as not to get them riled up.

To me personally, a cult is any religious system that cannot prove its deity/deities exist (which is all of them so far), but some are more harmful than others. Fundy Christianity, for example, is a lot more harmful than Universalism. I view something like Buddhism or Wicca mostly harmless and possibly beneficial, but I wouldn't join them.

Are we the "Ex-Christian cult"?

Yes, we are. :)

:HaHa: More like the CUlt of the 'thumping big rabbit, with the big sharp, nibbly teeth'..

Snookums,

Company I worked for was hired on after the Rossites tapped a family dry, *almost*, just *almost* recapturing their daughter on the lam.

This had gone on for years, Ross' group demanding more and more meney out of desperate people.

They told family how far their daughter had degenerated and what a lavicious life style she was caught up in, using F E A R to compel the to keep paying.

Ross' bunch was "her only hope".

Afte they went broke, Ross' dot org cast them off, telling them "she was incorrigible and not worth their attentions" and gave the family nothing for the years of bullshit and money stealing.

Team I was assigned to when we got job found her in 48 hours in Mexico sunning herself and two kids on a beach. Seemed she had run off, skipped the border, found a guy, married a mexican national, had kids and was happy.

Oh yeah, and now very mexican catholic

Took some pictures, got her statement and a note to her folks, whom she despised then, and we snuck back home 'cross the Mexican border with the documents in hand.

Didn't do her folks what *they* wanted, but we solved quickly and efficently a mystery that had bothered them for almost six years.

On other jobs where the company has been hired to find kids quite often Rossites and similar are looking for the same persons. Be kinda nice to know this when the paying parties hire us on. Always fun to spend time to find that the person is now in custody of the religious zealots..

Its been our policy to blend in, be inconspiciuos, and try to do job with a minimum of head breaking and gunfire. Not a good thing to start a minor war in the effort to recover people..

I have a face, when shorn tends to blend in to a crowd, few people remember me, save I am a rather large individual.. :)

Is a good thing when you are sneaking around trying to find folks who are doing their best to not be found again..

Exciting part of my work history that I am not too proud of, but damnned happy I got to partake in..

(

kevinL

thanks...for the inf/story."large individual' nah..compared to what? :grin: . I can fully appreciate that you'd have mixed feelings and be happy about that experience. Nothing better than to be an eye witness to this stuff. (I'd love to be a PI or at least know what is about - that's a fanatasy btw). I can imagine the tactics - not surprised that you say they use FEAR. Whats the difference between 'deconversion' and 'conversion'....there isn't any as far as i'm concerned. Great info..thanks a heap KevinL!!! :thanks:

Ok..Me..I'm coming to terms with my situation or at least I've come to an important conclusion. It feels good, bit like that old cliche' of a 'closure'...Yes I have closure!!! YAY! Its probably not appropriate for me to go into any length about that on this thread...

except to say that imho... the christian type advice has not been the best for me -ie..labeling any church that I don't agree with a cult or harmful. I think all christianity is a cult - Yeah! what's the use of rescuing the individual when they go and join another branch?....The word/term is a bit of no brainer! I prefer the term dysfunctional but I don't know if even that is useful? But I don't know nor care at this point....I don't have any reason or family to protect any longer. They are in shunning mode if you know what I mean. Its only for my own peace of mind. And to know that my funky fundy family are responsible for their own lives.

I do believe that there's huge benefit to christianity in general in the anti cult business - big bucks. From CAN to the doopy christian counsellor handing out there version of the truth. YUK!

Rick Ross guy is abducting people against their will, doesn't that constitute a crime? Why is it that nobody has called the cops yet?

Oh..it is a crime to abuct people but I don't know about all the legal ins and outs. I've read up on RRoss yesterday...as this wikipedia page says..RRoss is a contraverial topic..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Rick_Ross Hope that hot link is ok? I choose that site because it was underconstuction - not the final word not that I take much of wikipedia as an authority. That reference is just one example...RRoss is not only been charged etc..he's media whore apparently and enjoys his fame.

Wow....I'm so glad I looked into RRoss stuff. I thought I was alone in thinking that cult busters were a crook of shit. - I don't know about S. Hassen either? It seems that the cult phase is a belief system of its own and is something of a post critical faith or a second naievity that some individuals go though but very often never get out. I don't know... :shrug: I just added that last bit to make a good impression. :wicked: I wouldn't want to upset the big sky bunny!

As for the cult word, I don't use it when I'm around my family or Christian friends, I use the term "manmade religion" instead so as not to get them riled up.

Looks like "manmade religion" would still rile them up.

As for the cult word, I don't use it when I'm around my family or Christian friends, I use the term "manmade religion" instead so as not to get them riled up.

Looks like "manmade religion" would still rile them up.

It raises their hackles a bit, but not as much as the "c" word would.