Goodbye Jesus

Please Check Me If I Am Wrong But Does This Sound Nuts To You Guys?

jrmarlin

I got this rant off of a website where a christian was going on about their religion. I asked why they were a Warrior of Christ -- who they were fighting and why? Here is the response... I mean this person is blaming satan for taking her job and all kinds of other nut-job shit. You'll either laugh or be disgusted.

Would you all check me on this... does this sound nuts or am I just not reading it right?

All Christians are fighting a spirtual warfare. We fight against the Lord of darkness everyday. The war begans when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. The beginning fight is always against oneself. We must strip ourselves (DAILY) of worldly things, such as: Pride, Prejuice, Greed, Lust, Hate, Envy, Jealousy, all forms of sin that is within each of us. After we are able to control most of ourselves, the Devil gets very angry at us and sends his demons to attack us in all areas of our lives. He will attack our finances, our health, turn our well behaved children against us and the teaching that we shared with them. He attacks us in our workplaces, and yes even in our churches. The devil is very powerful, but Greater is He that Lives within me than He that is in the world. He most often attacks us in our minds. This is no play thing and yes it's very real. He has attacked me even in my sleep. both spiritually and physically. If you are a non-christian and I don't know if you are or not, once you give your life to the Lord and received the Holy Ghost you will be attacked at some point in your walk for and with the Lord. If someone says they're a Christian and has been attacked, it's because they either new at it and is still in the stripping stages and Lord has his hedge of protection around that person, or they've been saved a long time and still have shed all that needs to be shedded, in other words, going to church and not living fully for the Lord yet. There are many people who believe in God, but has not trusted him enough to give up all for Him.

I suggest you read a book titled Hinds Feet on High Places it's a very short book, but yet very powerful. I enjoyed it so I read it twice. I'm glad I did, because immediately after reading it the second time, which was a few years after reading it the first time, Satan managed to take my job and I was placed in the position of having enough faith that God would see me through some very tight financial times. Every trial Christians face is just a test, a test of our faith. For God words says that He will never leave or forsake us and that his seed will never beg for bread. I'm a living tesitmony for that.

LOL Yes, very nuts. One of my pet pieves is when people accredit misfortune or fortune to God or Satan... ridiculous.

LOL Yes, very nuts. One of my pet pieves is when people accredit misfortune or fortune to God or Satan... ridiculous.

I was cracking up... My reply back to her was:

Are you aware of how nuts you sound? You literally sound like you are off your rocker.

S/he probably lost her job for distributing crap like this to his/her coworkers. :shrug:

Pride, Prejuice, Greed, Lust, Hate, Envy, Jealousy

What’s “Prejuice?” :lmao:

S/he probably lost her job for distributing crap like this to his/her coworkers. :shrug:

Pejuice = Juice in it's primal form; inside the fruit or vegatable before intense squeezing releases its essense. Used in a spiritual context, this implies not being fully squeezed by Jesus; being in an unripened, canal state of mind and body. "Has Jesus squeezed you yet?" is a form of encouragement within various subgroups of Christianity.

:lmao:

:shrug: I don't think he sounds nuts. He just sounds like a guy who takes the bible literally and accepts all of it without an ounce of critical, thoughtful evaluation.

This is what you end up with when the brainwashing is complete.

Pejuice = Juice in it's primal form; inside the fruit or vegatable before intense squeezing releases its essense. Used in a spiritual context, this implies not being fully squeezed by Jesus; being in an unripened, canal state of mind and body. "Has Jesus squeezed you yet?" is a form of encouragement within various subgroups of Christianity.

You actually had me going for a minute there. :lmao:

This lady is one of those who probably hasn't read the whole bible & tells you to read small pamphlets because they only read at a seventh grade level.

Yep! Definitely nutso. I enjoy reading such lunacy only because it reinforces my conviction that Christianity creates crazy fucking people. I am SOOOOOO glad that I escaped that looney bin!

Imagine it: Shifting blame upon da debil because YOU fucked up and lost your job?

Ah well. I suppose it is better than blaming minorites and foreigners. (But not by much.)

We must strip ourselves of worldly things, such as: Pride, Prejuice, Greed, Lust, Hate, Envy, Jealousy, all forms of sin that is within each of us.

Lunacy, insanity, escapism at its worst! Christianity is anti-reality, there's no denying it. What a load of rancid horse shit, how can anyone believe this? Demons attacking us in our sleep? Magical sky lord who killed himself for our sins? Its insanity!! Madness!

What's "Prejuice?" :lmao:

ROFLMAO -- It's the juice before orange juice in the morning? Maybe?

Yes, I concur on the passing out shit at work and probably got her canned. She is a nutcase.

:::::thumping her bible::::: singing: :58: "I don't care if it rains or freezes, longs as i have my plastic jebus..."

What's "Prejuice?" :lmao:

ROTFLMAO :woohoo::lmao::lmao: Rock on, sister...

I used to think like this when I was a Christian and I used to have dreams of demons attacking me. This person's church is heavily into "demonology".

It's easier to blame a made up fantasy than to take responsibility for your own problems.

Taph

This could have been me writing this, not too long ago. I totally get this mindset, and therefore, it doesn't sound so crazy to me (if that makes any sense).

That sounds very cultlike. I would steer clear of fundy Christians with that type of mentality. My mother had that sort of mentality and so did others from the church we went to. It's so sad how people are brainwashed into believing that stuff.

Are you sure you guys were fundies? Christian bookstores are absolutely filled with books and tapes and CD's about demons and spiritual warfare and fighting Satan and temptation and emptying yourself of the world . I know lots of fundamental thumpers who are this obsessed. It's not hard at all if you zero in on the proper verses in the bible.

Google "spiritual warfare" and take your pick of sites. This is a typical sample. This is the kind of shit that the person in the OP dwells on. From greatbiblestudy.com.

Spiritual Warfare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The difference between deliverance and spiritual warfare is that deliverance is dealing with demonic bondages, and getting a person set free, whereas spiritual warfare is resisting, overcoming and defeating the enemy's lies (in the form of deception, temptations and accusations) that he sends our way. Deliverance involves the breaking up of legal grounds, the tearing down of strongholds (offensive spiritual warfare), and the casting out of demons. Spiritual warfare on the other hand, is dealing with three key things the enemy sends at us: temptations, deception and accusations.

This teaching will give you an idea of how spiritual warfare works. There are other teachings on this site that will go into more detail on certain areas of spiritual warfare.

Offensive vs. defensive warfare

Spiritual warfare comes in two ways: offensive and defensive. Offensive warfare is tearing down the strongholds the enemy has formed in your mind through deception and accusations, and defensive warfare is guarding yourself against the tactics or schemes of the devil.

The enemy's three primary weapons

There are three things that we can expect from the devil. The Bible tells us that we struggle not against flesh and blood, but against demonic forces. Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." The three primary things we struggle against include:

#1 Deception: To deceive somebody means to make another person believe a lie or something that is not true. When the enemy sends deception your way, it is an attempt to deceive you into believing something that is not true, so you will fall into error. Strongholds are built through deception. A stronghold is formed when deception takes hold in a person's mind. A stronghold is an incorrect thinking pattern that stems from believing something that is not true.

From the very beginning, Satan deceived Eve into believing that God's Word was not true. In Genesis 3:4, the devil told her that she will not surely die as God said she would in Genesis 2:17.

#2 Temptation: Temptation often follows deception. First the enemy tells us, "You won't surely die!", then he makes the fruit on the forbidden tree look good to us. Since Eve accepted Satan's deception (his lie), now the tree that she was not supposed to touch looked good to her. She was tempted (enticed) to sin, because she allowed herself to first be deceived. Temptation is when we are enticed or encouraged to sin in one way or another.

In Matthew 4, Jesus was led out in the desert to be tempted by the devil. The devil tried to convince Jesus that it would be harmless to jump off a building. Often people will be so drawn to sex with their boyfriend/girlfriend when the enemy tries to convince them that it is all harmless and fun, when it's not harmless at all, but an open door to the devil. Jesus saw through Satan's deception, and resisted the temptation by speaking God's Word. King David said in Psalms 119:11, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

When the enemy tempts you, he's showing you the worm... but behind that worm is a hook. The Word of God helps you see the hook behind the worm.

#3 Accusations: The devil is known as the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:10). He is known to take a believer who has done an embarrassing or gross sin in their past, and continue to rub it in their faces and beat them down with guilt and condemnation over their past.

Dealing with deception

We have two weapons to deal with deceptions: the belt of truth (Ephesians 6:14) and the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17) which is the Word of God. Both are truth, which is found in God's Word, so why are they given two different names (a sword and a belt)? Because one is meant to be defensive (the belt), while the other is meant to be offensive (the sword). This means that the Word of God is both an offensive and a defensive weapon. A belt is something you wear to guard against an attack, while a sword is used to slaughter the enemy.

You use the belt of truth (God's Word) to guard against the enemy's deception (lies) he sends your way, while you use the sword of the Spirit (also God's Word) to tear down existing strongholds (deception that took hold) in your mind.

In Romans 12:2, we are told to "be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." How do we renew our minds? By getting in God's Word! In Ephesians 5:26, this process is referred to as washing of water by the Word: "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word."

Dealing with temptation

In James 4:7, we are told to resist the devil and he will flee from us. But it's not that simple; in the same verse, we are also told to draw near to God. Dealing with temptation is a two fold process of resisting the devil and drawing near to God. The closer you get to God and the more you become aware of His love, the less power temptation will have over you.

James 4:7, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (The context of those verse is clearly speaking of temptation).

In the teaching Forgiven Sinner or Saint?, it shows you how the power of sin (temptation) can be broken in our lives.

Dealing with accusations

The fiery darts of the enemy in Ephesians 6:16 are accusations sent our way. For example, when the devil tries to accuse us of our past sins, we are to have faith in the work of the cross and know that they are forgiven and not to look back. Faith is what we use to put out the fiery darts of the enemy (Ephesians 6:16). We are not to meditate about our pasts, because they have passed away (2 Corinthians 5:17), and our sins have been forgotten (Hebrews 10:17).

Ephesians 6:14, "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth (knowing your sins have been forgiven through your faith in the work on the cross), and having on the breastplate of righteousness (not our righteousness obviously, but the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus);"

Our righteousness is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), but because of the work of the cross, we can receive the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus (Romans 3:22, Galatians 3:6). Therefore when the enemy tries to remind you of your past, tell him it's been washed away (2 Corinthians 5:17), your sins have been forgotten (Hebrews 10:17) and you have the righteousness of God (Romans 3:22)!

There are other teachings on this site that will specifically help you wage war against the enemy's accusations. They include Condemnation versus Conviction, The Power of Your Thoughts and Dealing with Guilt.

The tearing down of strongholds

A stronghold is deception that's taken hold in a person's mind. It's an incorrect thinking pattern based on a believed lie. People can get incorrect perceptions of God by listening to Satan as he tells them how God doesn't love them, etc. People can feel like dirty old sinners when they believe Satan's accusations as he continually reminds them of their past (which has been washed away!). Strongholds are based on lies from the devil. They can come in the form of deception or accusations. Accusations always lead to guilt and the feeling of unworthiness, which weighs you down and tears you apart spiritually.

Since strongholds are built upon lies that we have been fed, the way we tear down strongholds is by feeding on the truth (in God's Word), which is the opposite of what the enemy has been feeding us. If the enemy has been feeding us a lie, we need to stop eating the lie and start feeding ourselves the truth. The weapon we use to tear down strongholds is found in Ephesians 6:17, "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." A sword is an offensive weapon and is meant to tear down and kill the enemy's troops. Strongholds are the devil's assets in war, and he uses them against us. Take up the sword of the Spirit (God's Word) today, and start slaughtering the enemy's assets that he's been using against you!

The teaching on Strongholds will give you a much better understanding of how strongholds work and how to tear them down.

I used to think like this when I was a Christian and I used to have dreams of demons attacking me. This person's church is heavily into "demonology".

It's easier to blame a made up fantasy than to take responsibility for your own problems.

Taph

I can see where this would be a very frightening experience -- and yes it easier to blame fantasies vs. taking responsibility for one's actions and decisions.

This could have been me writing this, not too long ago. I totally get this mindset, and therefore, it doesn't sound so crazy to me (if that makes any sense).

I'm glad you escaped. :woohoo:

That sounds very cultlike. I would steer clear of fundy Christians with that type of mentality. My mother had that sort of mentality and so did others from the church we went to. It's so sad how people are brainwashed into believing that stuff.

Christianity is one of the biggest cults around. Fundy Christianity is probably the worst of the worst. Hence, one of the reasons why I rattled her chains. I was not raised like this, but I have encountered several fanatical characters. Their grasp on reality is sometimes non-existent. At other times, I feel when I talk to some fundies, I feel they deeply want to escape but haven't a clue as to how to go about it. Its a very sad existence. :scratch:

I was not raised like this, but I have encountered several fanatical characters. Their grasp on reality is sometimes non-existent.

Lots of us were not that far from this. Which is why we celebrate gaining our minds back and why we get so rabid when fundies come in here and tell us we need to "Get Right" with God again.

Free at last. Free at last. Fuck God, I'm free at last. :woohoo:

It sounds nuts, but its really just another classic case of a person who cannot discern between their emotional desires and logical thought. THis "warrior" simply gives the devil credit for anything negative and has trapped her mind in a box of constant re-assurance. She wont stop assuming that everything is the devils fault because of the mountains of proof she has of the devil from all the things he has done before. Chances of her figuring out that this entire mountain is nothing more then paranoid assumptions piling on top of each other are slim as it requires humility. Something most christians do not have.

#1 Deception: To deceive somebody means to make another person believe a lie or something that is not true. When the enemy sends deception your way, it is an attempt to deceive you into believing something that is not true, so you will fall into error. Strongholds are built through deception. A stronghold is formed when deception takes hold in a person's mind. A stronghold is an incorrect thinking pattern that stems from believing something that is not true.

From the very beginning, Satan deceived Eve into believing that God's Word was not true. In Genesis 3:4, the devil told her that she will not surely die as God said she would in Genesis 2:17.

The next time we feel like this when we're trying to reason with a fundamentalist :banghead: , this teaching right here above is why you can't get through to them! It's the perfect mind control from the leaders of the church to the world... keep 'em in fear of the devil's deception, keep 'em in sitting right there in their pews!

I remember the whole "spiritual warfare/demons around every corner" brand. I almost threw out some really cool stuff listening to that shit.

Like this cool little statue..is marble and looks like one of those carvings from Indians in S. America..I was told it might be demon..that I should smash it to bits and throw it away.

Glad I realized what I was doing before I did it, cuz its a neat little "pretty" sitting on my shelf..

Satan managed to take my job...
Hmm, must've had seniority. :grin:

(whacks strange person with clue-by-four) Ahem. If you see enemies everywhere, madam, you will find them. This kind of thinking causes problems rather than solving them.

It sounds nuts, but its really just another classic case of a person who cannot discern between their emotional desires and logical thought. THis "warrior" simply gives the devil credit for anything negative and has trapped her mind in a box of constant re-assurance. She wont stop assuming that everything is the devils fault because of the mountains of proof she has of the devil from all the things he has done before. Chances of her figuring out that this entire mountain is nothing more then paranoid assumptions piling on top of each other are slim as it requires humility. Something most christians do not have.

While I whole-heartedly agree with you, I would like to add once again, it all boils down to refusing to take responsibility for one's actions, decisions and accountability of the results.

Another disturbing thing is the fact that most xians do not read their own bible. Which is pathetic. Even their bible tells them of things like "free will" and accountability. While telephone was the game used to create the bible... and the contradictions are much too numerous to even recant here without boring the shit out of everyone -- they don't even follow the shit in their own gospel.

What the fuck? Insantity at it's finest I guess. There aren't enough hospitals in the world to lock up all these sick tickets.

I really love this message board! You guys Rock! :grin:

Are you sure you guys were fundies? Christian bookstores are absolutely filled with books and tapes and CD's about demons and spiritual warfare and fighting Satan and temptation and emptying yourself of the world . I know lots of fundamental thumpers who are this obsessed. It's not hard at all if you zero in on the proper verses in the bible.

Google "spiritual warfare" and take your pick of sites. This is a typical sample. This is the kind of shit that the person in the OP dwells on. From greatbiblestudy.com.

Spiritual Warfare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The difference between deliverance and spiritual warfare is that deliverance is dealing with demonic bondages, and getting a person set free, whereas spiritual warfare is resisting, overcoming and defeating the enemy's lies (in the form of deception, temptations and accusations) that he sends our way. Deliverance involves the breaking up of legal grounds, the tearing down of strongholds (offensive spiritual warfare), and the casting out of demons. Spiritual warfare on the other hand, is dealing with three key things the enemy sends at us: temptations, deception and accusations.

This teaching will give you an idea of how spiritual warfare works. There are other teachings on this site that will go into more detail on certain areas of spiritual warfare.

Offensive vs. defensive warfare

Spiritual warfare comes in two ways: offensive and defensive. Offensive warfare is tearing down the strongholds the enemy has formed in your mind through deception and accusations, and defensive warfare is guarding yourself against the tactics or schemes of the devil.

The enemy's three primary weapons

There are three things that we can expect from the devil. The Bible tells us that we struggle not against flesh and blood, but against demonic forces. Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." The three primary things we struggle against include:

#2 Temptation: Temptation often follows deception. First the enemy tells us, "You won't surely die!", then he makes the fruit on the forbidden tree look good to us. Since Eve accepted Satan's deception (his lie), now the tree that she was not supposed to touch looked good to her. She was tempted (enticed) to sin, because she allowed herself to first be deceived. Temptation is when we are enticed or encouraged to sin in one way or another.

In Matthew 4, Jesus was led out in the desert to be tempted by the devil. The devil tried to convince Jesus that it would be harmless to jump off a building. Often people will be so drawn to sex with their boyfriend/girlfriend when the enemy tries to convince them that it is all harmless and fun, when it's not harmless at all, but an open door to the devil. Jesus saw through Satan's deception, and resisted the temptation by speaking God's Word. King David said in Psalms 119:11, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

When the enemy tempts you, he's showing you the worm... but behind that worm is a hook. The Word of God helps you see the hook behind the worm.

#3 Accusations: The devil is known as the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:10). He is known to take a believer who has done an embarrassing or gross sin in their past, and continue to rub it in their faces and beat them down with guilt and condemnation over their past.

Dealing with deception

We have two weapons to deal with deceptions: the belt of truth (Ephesians 6:14) and the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17) which is the Word of God. Both are truth, which is found in God's Word, so why are they given two different names (a sword and a belt)? Because one is meant to be defensive (the belt), while the other is meant to be offensive (the sword). This means that the Word of God is both an offensive and a defensive weapon. A belt is something you wear to guard against an attack, while a sword is used to slaughter the enemy.

You use the belt of truth (God's Word) to guard against the enemy's deception (lies) he sends your way, while you use the sword of the Spirit (also God's Word) to tear down existing strongholds (deception that took hold) in your mind.

In Romans 12:2, we are told to "be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." How do we renew our minds? By getting in God's Word! In Ephesians 5:26, this process is referred to as washing of water by the Word: "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word."

Dealing with temptation

In James 4:7, we are told to resist the devil and he will flee from us. But it's not that simple; in the same verse, we are also told to draw near to God. Dealing with temptation is a two fold process of resisting the devil and drawing near to God. The closer you get to God and the more you become aware of His love, the less power temptation will have over you.

James 4:7, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (The context of those verse is clearly speaking of temptation).

In the teaching Forgiven Sinner or Saint?, it shows you how the power of sin (temptation) can be broken in our lives.

Dealing with accusations

The fiery darts of the enemy in Ephesians 6:16 are accusations sent our way. For example, when the devil tries to accuse us of our past sins, we are to have faith in the work of the cross and know that they are forgiven and not to look back. Faith is what we use to put out the fiery darts of the enemy (Ephesians 6:16). We are not to meditate about our pasts, because they have passed away (2 Corinthians 5:17), and our sins have been forgotten (Hebrews 10:17).

Ephesians 6:14, "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth (knowing your sins have been forgiven through your faith in the work on the cross), and having on the breastplate of righteousness (not our righteousness obviously, but the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus);"

Our righteousness is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), but because of the work of the cross, we can receive the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus (Romans 3:22, Galatians 3:6). Therefore when the enemy tries to remind you of your past, tell him it's been washed away (2 Corinthians 5:17), your sins have been forgotten (Hebrews 10:17) and you have the righteousness of God (Romans 3:22)!

There are other teachings on this site that will specifically help you wage war against the enemy's accusations. They include Condemnation versus Conviction, The Power of Your Thoughts and Dealing with Guilt.

The tearing down of strongholds

A stronghold is deception that's taken hold in a person's mind. It's an incorrect thinking pattern based on a believed lie. People can get incorrect perceptions of God by listening to Satan as he tells them how God doesn't love them, etc. People can feel like dirty old sinners when they believe Satan's accusations as he continually reminds them of their past (which has been washed away!). Strongholds are based on lies from the devil. They can come in the form of deception or accusations. Accusations always lead to guilt and the feeling of unworthiness, which weighs you down and tears you apart spiritually.

Since strongholds are built upon lies that we have been fed, the way we tear down strongholds is by feeding on the truth (in God's Word), which is the opposite of what the enemy has been feeding us. If the enemy has been feeding us a lie, we need to stop eating the lie and start feeding ourselves the truth. The weapon we use to tear down strongholds is found in Ephesians 6:17, "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." A sword is an offensive weapon and is meant to tear down and kill the enemy's troops. Strongholds are the devil's assets in war, and he uses them against us. Take up the sword of the Spirit (God's Word) today, and start slaughtering the enemy's assets that he's been using against you!

The teaching on Strongholds will give you a much better understanding of how strongholds work and how to tear them down.

This whole thing is sad... Too sad for comment... But thanks for posting it for me to read. Scary, isn't it?

No wonder so much violence has been the result of xianity. These people are just too full of themselves not to be violent. Whatever happened to love thy neighbor -- seems like there is always a but... or unless....

:vent:

The next time we feel like this when we're trying to reason with a fundamentalist :banghead: , this teaching right here above is why you can't get through to them! It's the perfect mind control from the leaders of the church to the world... keep 'em in fear of the devil's deception, keep 'em in sitting right there in their pews!

No Shit! :vent:

Satan managed to take my job...
Hmm, must've had seniority. :grin:

(whacks strange person with clue-by-four) Ahem. If you see enemies everywhere, madam, you will find them. This kind of thinking causes problems rather than solving them.

I like that clue-by-four. Nice one. wish I thought of it.

As for the rest of your post, no kidding.

Why don't you people go on that other board and bitch these guys out? That idiot needs to hear exactly what you just wrote, Astreja.

As for the job, someone earlier said it was probably because she was handing out propoganda at work... Would say that's a big probably! :vent:

I remember the whole "spiritual warfare/demons around every corner" brand. I almost threw out some really cool stuff listening to that shit.

Like this cool little statue..is marble and looks like one of those carvings from Indians in S. America..I was told it might be demon..that I should smash it to bits and throw it away.

Glad I realized what I was doing before I did it, cuz its a neat little "pretty" sitting on my shelf..

Glad you didn't break it up like what was prescribed. The only demons in a xian's life is the one between its ears. :scratch:

It's the perfect mind control from the leaders of the church to the world... keep 'em in fear of the devil's deception, keep 'em in sitting right there in their pews!

Don't let the devil get a stronghold. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

But ya damn well better fear evil.

Faith, hope, love. But the greatest of these is fear.

That's why you gotta gird your loins.

It's the perfect mind control from the leaders of the church to the world... keep 'em in fear of the devil's deception, keep 'em in sitting right there in their pews!

Don't let the devil get a stronghold. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

But ya damn well better fear evil.

Faith, hope, love. But the greatest of these is fear.

That's why you gotta gird your loins.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: