Goodbye Jesus

Please Check Me If I Am Wrong But Does This Sound Nuts To You Guys?

jrmarlin

All Christians are fighting a spirtual warfare. We fight against the Lord of darkness everyday. The war begans when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. The beginning fight is always against oneself. We must strip ourselves (DAILY) of worldly things, such as: Pride, Prejuice, Greed, Lust, Hate, Envy, Jealousy, all forms of sin that is within each of us. After we are able to control most of ourselves, the Devil gets very angry at us and sends his demons to attack us in all areas of our lives. He will attack our finances, our health, turn our well behaved children against us and the teaching that we shared with them. He attacks us in our workplaces, and yes even in our churches. The devil is very powerful, but Greater is He that Lives within me than He that is in the world. He most often attacks us in our minds. This is no play thing and yes it's very real. He has attacked me even in my sleep. both spiritually and physically. If you are a non-christian and I don't know if you are or not, once you give your life to the Lord and received the Holy Ghost you will be attacked at some point in your walk for and with the Lord. If someone says they're a Christian and has been attacked, it's because they either new at it and is still in the stripping stages and Lord has his hedge of protection around that person, or they've been saved a long time and still have shed all that needs to be shedded, in other words, going to church and not living fully for the Lord yet. There are many people who believe in God, but has not trusted him enough to give up all for Him.

Hm, lets see......from the above we can observe the following symptoms in this patient:

- Hallucinations - both auditory and visual

- Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality

- Belief that invisible people are real

- Paranoia - the feeling that demons and devils are "out to get us"

- Dementia - deterioration of intellectual faculties, such as memory, concentration, and judgment

Diagnosis: yep, she's a whackjob all right.... :HaHa:

Nuts, nuts and fucking nuts. If this person's beliefs were not popular, they would be in a padded cell with a straightjacket.

By the way, your avatar is hot as hell and I can't help but think you are living a double life here.

That sounds very cultlike. I would steer clear of fundy Christians with that type of mentality. My mother had that sort of mentality and so did others from the church we went to. It's so sad how people are brainwashed into believing that stuff.

Christianity is one of the biggest cults around. Fundy Christianity is probably the worst of the worst. Hence, one of the reasons why I rattled her chains. I was not raised like this, but I have encountered several fanatical characters. Their grasp on reality is sometimes non-existent. At other times, I feel when I talk to some fundies, I feel they deeply want to escape but haven't a clue as to how to go about it. Its a very sad existence. :scratch:

Yes, I realize that it's a cult. I tend to view the liberal sects, like the Unitarians or United Church of Christ, as mostly harmless. It's the fundy ones that are worrisome, IMHO.

Throughout my childhood, I was brought up not to question the church or the "reality" of Jesus' existence. My mother wasn't the only one who was fundy. A lot of my relatives are, too. Thankfully, my dad is pretty moderate and doesn't believe in it literally anymore, but he wants to hang on to the afterlife thing. Lots of people don't want to give up that security blanket, it seems.

Prejuice? Isn't that what comes out just before you...oh wait...maybe this is a post for the "Sex & Christianity" subforum...

:wicked:

This lady sounds JUST like that whack job from New Orleans that was on Wife Swap a few months back. Unfortunately, she also sounds just like my ex-wife...although a little less educated. It's sad that there are actually people out there with Master's Degrees and higher that BELIEVE this dumb shit. I was thinking just this morning as I dropped my little girl off at her Baptist run pre-school how amazing it is that in this day and age, people are still so superstitious as to need the comfort of a supernatural deity to explain what they can't understand. But this is fodder for another post.

The lady that wrote that crap is most definitely a whackjob...as is my ex-wife.

The whole "spiritual warfare" thing is just one of Xianity's many Reality Escape Clauses.

They're needed because, of course, the Bible's promises never add up.

As to whether it is true madness or not... I got to scratching my head while reading Mythra's quotation of the Spiritual Warfare guide...

1) It certainly could be the result of self-induced delusion; a lie you tell yourself in order to force the shit in the Bible to actually add up.

2) But I can't help thinking that such things are written by cynical SOBs who know full well that their job is to keep the ignorant masses in line.

I suppose, like most things, it's a little bit of both.

I really feel sorry for the person who wrote that. I was THERE not too long ago.

Newsflash: Everyone has a shitty day sometimes...You don't have to be a devout christian for shit to happen.

Right now I'm havng a shitty week.

I really feel sorry for the person who wrote that. I was THERE not too long ago.

Newsflash: Everyone has a shitty day sometimes...You don't have to be a devout christian for shit to happen.

Right now I'm havng a shitty week.

*Sends hugs and chocolate*

Yes, it's only human to have a bad day once in a while. Just keep it in perspective.

The "Spiritual Warfare" is big in the church I attend with my wife. Some take far more seriously than others. I find the persons rant more sad and somewhat scary than funny. Mostly because I see people wasting time, money and their minds on such drivel. But, being the hypocryte that I am, I often laugh at those nut jobs myself....

Goddess this thread is funny! Why can`t you people see that SATAN HAS BLINDED YOU????

Anyhow, onto my post...

``All Christians are fighting a spirtual warfare. We fight against the Lord of darkness everyday. The war begans when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. The beginning fight is always against oneself. We must strip ourselves (DAILY) of worldly things, such as: Pride, Prejuice, Greed, Lust, Hate, Envy, Jealousy, all forms of sin that is within each of us. After we are able to control most of ourselves, the Devil gets very angry at us and sends his demons to attack us in all areas of our lives. He will attack our finances, our health, turn our well behaved children against us and the teaching that we shared with them. He attacks us in our workplaces, and yes even in our churches. The devil is very powerful, but Greater is He that Lives within me than He that is in the world. He most often attacks us in our minds. This is no play thing and yes it's very real. He has attacked me even in my sleep. both spiritually and physically. If you are a non-christian and I don't know if you are or not, once you give your life to the Lord and received the Holy Ghost you will be attacked at some point in your walk for and with the Lord. If someone says they're a Christian and has been attacked, it's because they either new at it and is still in the stripping stages and Lord has his hedge of protection around that person, or they've been saved a long time and still have shed all that needs to be shedded, in other words, going to church and not living fully for the Lord yet. There are many people who believe in God, but has not trusted him enough to give up all for Him.``

This poster SERIOUSLY needs to read some work by Starhawk (Spiral Dance and Truth or Dare) as well as Carl Jung. They may be very interested to know different theories on why it seems like they are fighting with themselves and being `attacked`by evil all the time. It`s called a SHADOW people!!!

Like I`m one to talk. I`m practically killing myself and others to avoid dealing with mine.

Pre-Juice : another theory to add to the VERY funny one btw, is it may mean `pre-cum`but the poster is too averse to saying something sexual like `cum`. Also ties in nicely to that `God squeezing you`theory.

Oh, and as for my first line, I`m sure you`ve since realized that I was joking. Laugh now.

My definition of 'Spiritual Warfare': BS the Christian's came up with to try and make their "game" sound as challenging and fun as playing Dungeons & Dragons (which they aren't "allowed" to play).

The nutter described in the original post is NO different than the person who takes role-playing games too seriously.